Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Aaron Davis's Iron Spider suit is a different colour, so I assume it's not the original one, which was last used by MJ. I suppose she could decide to accompany him after hearing about Spinneret, and wears that suit again?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Got the final TPB for Christmas. Sad to see it end, hopefully the Spider-family will return, hopefully with less X-men.
    That's out already? Dang, I need to get that!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    RYV Peter and MJ occupied a niche during the Dan Slott era where they were apart in the main continuity. Now that they are back in the Spencer run, I guess Marvel felt that the stories served its purpose.
    I could see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I liked the original series but to be honest, the series really got good when Jody Houser started writing. Her ear for dialogue is great. Issue #19 is in my opinion up there with the all-time great Peter and MJ stories.
    I think I liked the pre-time skip series better, but I don't think Houser's run was bad either. I never had a problem with Annie aging up or the writing (even if some of the stories had more weak parts then before). I do agree that the art was a step backwards, though.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Got the final TPB for Christmas. Sad to see it end, hopefully the Spider-family will return, hopefully with less X-men.
    Same, except I want more X-Men. I was glad that Renew Your Vows reemphasized the closeness between Spider-Man and the X-Men after the main continuity had Spider-Man tied in with the Avengers, since not only were they respectively the top Marvel solo and team franchises, they both had in common that they were feared, mistrusted, and outright hated by those they sought to protect, demonized by the media, and recurrently targeted and hunted by the authorities. To me, the great thing about RYV was that after a solid decade or so of the "prime" Marvel Universe being dominated by the Avengers, with the exception of Iron Man and mentions of or references to Captain Marvel, the X-Men were the predominant fellow heroes that Spider-Man and his family turned to, since they dealt with similar issues of social alienation on account of their abilities, the responsibility to use said abilities to do what was right, even in the face of an ungrateful, fearful world, and sticking together as a family --- whether of blood or choice --- despite their struggles and hardships.

That being said, I'd have also loved to see the Fantastic Four in the RYV MU, with older versions of Franklin and Valeria Richards befriending Annie, Annie babysitting for Ben Grimm and Alicia Masters' child(ren), and Johnny Storm as Annie's cool uncle. I'd add that if there's anything that utterly disappointed me about Renew Your Vows, it's that Felicia Hardy was a total no-show, not even mentioned by Peter or Mary Jane, especially when we could've seen Felicia with a daughter of her own that was friends and/or rivals with Annie or Felicia as Annie's cool/fun aunt. Come to think of it, as long as I'm on this track, seeing the surviving members of the Watson family reacting to or interacting with MJ, Peter, and Annie would have been great, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm sure there are a lot of ways old characters could've played new parts in the RYV series and still could if the world gets revisited again.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

You know, RYV is based on what if Civil War never happened. So wouldn't later events have played out differently too? And what's the Avengers lineup? Would it still be the ANAD Avengers (Iron Man had his armor from that era) - though probably with someone else instead of Miles, who doesn't seem to exist in RYV?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same, except I want more X-Men. I was glad that Renew Your Vows reemphasized the closeness between Spider-Man and the X-Men after the main continuity had Spider-Man tied in with the Avengers, since not only were they respectively the top Marvel solo and team franchises, they both had in common that they were feared, mistrusted, and outright hated by those they sought to protect, demonized by the media, and recurrently targeted and hunted by the authorities. To me, the great thing about RYV was that after a solid decade or so of the "prime" Marvel Universe being dominated by the Avengers, with the exception of Iron Man and mentions of or references to Captain Marvel, the X-Men were the predominant fellow heroes that Spider-Man and his family turned to, since they dealt with similar issues of social alienation on account of their abilities, the responsibility to use said abilities to do what was right, even in the face of an ungrateful, fearful world, and sticking together as a family --- whether of blood or choice --- despite their struggles and hardships.

That being said, I'd have also loved to see the Fantastic Four in the RYV MU, with older versions of Franklin and Valeria Richards befriending Annie, Annie babysitting for Ben Grimm and Alicia Masters' child(ren), and Johnny Storm as Annie's cool uncle. I'd add that if there's anything that utterly disappointed me about Renew Your Vows, it's that Felicia Hardy was a total no-show, not even mentioned by Peter or Mary Jane, especially when we could've seen Felicia with a daughter of her own that was friends and/or rivals with Annie or Felicia as Annie's cool/fun aunt. Come to think of it, as long as I'm on this track, seeing the surviving members of the Watson family reacting to or interacting with MJ, Peter, and Annie would have been great, too.
    While Sinister is my favourite X-Villain and it was cool to see Nick Roche draw him, including the X-Men (especially in the finale) seemed like Houser was trying to give the hint to Marvel she wanted to do an X-Men book. Especially when Sinister's plan had little to do with the Spidey-Family and more with trying to make Mutantkind stronger. Still seeing more of the RYV:MU would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know, RYV is based on what if Civil War never happened. So wouldn't later events have played out differently too? And what's the Avengers lineup? Would it still be the ANAD Avengers (Iron Man had his armor from that era) - though probably with someone else instead of Miles, who doesn't seem to exist in RYV?
    They should be different, for one thing there would be no Dark Reign since Norman is dead.

BANNED

They should be different, for one thing there would be no Dark Reign since Norman is dead.
    I wonder when Norman died? The Clone Saga still happened, and Harry still died in Spectacular Spider-Man#200, so he couldn't have taken Norman's place manipulating things (although he was the mastermind in 2009's Real Clone Saga)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I wonder when Norman died? The Clone Saga still happened, and Harry still died in Spectacular Spider-Man#200, so he couldn't have taken Norman's place manipulating things (although he was the mastermind in 2009's Real Clone Saga)
    If I was to guess, he either died at the end of the Clone Saga or maybe at the end of the Final Chapter

BANNED

If I was to guess, he either died at the end of the Clone Saga or maybe at the end of the Final Chapter
    So similar to how he died in MC2? Peter interupts the Gathering of Five, and Norman is killed in an explosion, but the difference is Peter escapes before he can be caught in it, thus losing his leg

Liz makes reference to dealing with Norman in RYV, so that means some of his Lex Luthor phase is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So similar to how he died in MC2? Peter interupts the Gathering of Five, and Norman is killed in an explosion, but the difference is Peter escapes before he can be caught in it, thus losing his leg

Liz makes reference to dealing with Norman in RYV, so that means some of his Lex Luthor phase is canon.
    Yeah, so far it seems everything up to the Final Chapter is canon.

Which means Secret Invasion ended differently.

It always felt to me like Avengers: Disassembled was the biggest catalyst for the rest of the universe, since Scarlet Witch never went nuts, so the Avengers weren't disbanded, House Of M never happened so the most of the mutants weren't wiped out, Civil War never happened because the heroes and mutants were able to work together to prevent it from happening, Secret Invasion probably still happened, but was able to be resolved much cleaner thanks to the heroes acting working together, and so Dark Reign never happened, etc.

I think because of Disassembled, the Avengers kept their "rotating roster with reserves" lineup instead of constantly disbanding and reassembling with different people, which seems to make the most sense based on the little we see of them in the original mini.

If you think about it, Disassembled not happening has a major knock on effect in other places too. The Young Avengers would never become a team (Iron Lad assembled them to fill the void), and later on, if Kamala and Sam are never Avengers (and Miles wouldn't be as he doesn't even exist in RYV, or at least lacks his powers - that applies to all of the other spiders we know from 616 too, it's why RYV Peter didn't know Anya Corazon) then the Champions would probably never form either. The New Warriors are affected too, but in a good way - it's 2005 roster wasn't killed.

You know, RYV is based on what if Civil War never happened. So wouldn't later events have played out differently too?
    Probably.

And what's the Avengers lineup? Would it still be the ANAD Avengers (Iron Man had his armor from that era) - though probably with someone else instead of Miles, who doesn't seem to exist in RYV?
    I don't think we ever saw the Avengers (although Iron Man did pop up once). We never saw Miles but that doesn't mean he didn't exist (although if our Miles only got into 616 because of Secret Wars and this timeline diverged from 616 well before that...).

Yeah, so far it seems everything up to the Final Chapter is canon.
    How many years would that have been after Clone Saga?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)