Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Peter needs to return as Spider-Man in this world. It would be great to have a father/daughter duo as superheroes.
    Yeah, well, but the point in this reality is that Peter had to retire since he lost his leg against Norman Osborn. Also, this version of Peter acted more out of jealousy of his own daugther than as a teacher. He always had to make the things more complicated for May each time he could, like the time he disguised himself as a mercenary named "WildCard". (Seriously, what was he thinking?). And yet, he never recognized Mayday's merits in reforming some supervillains (most of them, children of supervillains); like Normie Osborn, Brenda Drago or even Venom's symbiote.

As much as I hate to say it, the Peter of this reality let the years took the best of his personality in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, well, but the point in this reality is that Peter had to retire since he lost his leg against Norman Osborn. Also, this version of Peter acted more out of jealousy of his own daugther than as a teacher. He always had to make the things more complicated for May each time he could, like the time he disguised himself as a mercenary named "WildCard". (Seriously, what was he thinking?). And yet, he never recognized Mayday's merits in reforming some supervillains (most of them, children of supervillains); like Normie Osborn, Brenda Drago or even Venom's symbiote.

As much as I hate to say it, the Peter of this reality let the years took the best of his personality in many ways.
    Yea the Peter of that world was pretty cold. Even in the face of April dying saving Mayday's life, he didn't even have anything nice to say instead talked about how clones never seem to dye and always find some to come back and even after MJ got on him, he still said that he never trusted her. Peter seriously became cynical in his older years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea the Peter of that world was pretty cold. Even in the face of April dying saving Mayday's life, he didn't even have anything nice to say instead talked about how clones never seem to dye and always find some to come back and even after MJ got on him, he still said that he never trusted her. Peter seriously became cynical in his older years.
    To be fair, I don't think "cynical" is the best word. Peter had a lots of scars during his last adventures as Spider-Man, not only the lost of his leg. I mean, gettting Mayday back from Norman Osborn after believing she died, the manipulations of the Jackal, the Clone Saga's schemes (like making Peter believe he was the clone and Ben the original)... etc. It would be very difficult for one man not turning crazy after such events.

And if his latest years, when Mayday became Spider-Girl, there were even more events that troubled him even more:
    + Normie Osborn becoming the new Green Goblin and threating his family.
    + The return of Venom's symbiote.
    + Norman Osborn ressurrecting inside his brain and trying to kill both MJ and Benjy.
    + Mayday being the romantic interest of a mobster like Black Tarantula.
    + Knowing that Norman Osborn cloned his baby girl to create a weapon against his family.
    + Benjy being possessed by Carnage's symbiote.

With such atrocities happening to his family, we can't blame Peter for becoming quite paranoid, almost to the same level of DC's Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Peter needs to return as Spider-Man in this world. It would be great to have a father/daughter duo as superheroes.
    I would suspect that Marvel sees RYV as the outlet for that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Peter did try to resume his Spidey career in the book, it was MJ who put a stop to it.

I'd like to see May drop by the RYV universe and meet teenage Annie.

It would also be cool for May to meet her Uncle Ben, now that he's been resurrected. Maybe she could be instrumental in saving his soul.

BANNED

Happy 20th anniversary Mayday Parker

To celebrate, Newsarama sat down with Mayday's creative team to discuss the legacy of the character, and whether or not there's a future (if there is one, Ron would like it very much to include the original costume)

https://www.newsarama.com/38572-happ...ider-girl.html

Twenty years, wow has it really been that long...

Happy Anniversary Mayday.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Happy 20th anniversary Mayday Parker

To celebrate, Newsarama sat down with Mayday's creative team to discuss the legacy of the character, and whether or not there's a future (if there is one, Ron would like it very much to include the original costume)

https://www.newsarama.com/38572-happ...ider-girl.html

WOW I can’t believe it has been 20 years of this wonderful series. I’m also surprised that none of the creative team has read Renew your vows yet as it has one scene that is almost similar to the original one in Spider-Girl.

Astonishing Member

I certainly haven't read Renew Your Vows either so I can't blame them. It ain't Mayday. So eh.

I wonder how stringent it'd be regarding the age in universe. Last I heard (though it's varied) was Mayday's universe was quite literally set in the 90's.

So technically if it were ever 2018 we'd be reading about an adult Mayday. Maybe even a College age Benjy at that point.

Man imagine that. Haha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I certainly haven't read Renew Your Vows either so I can't blame them. It ain't Mayday. So eh.

I wonder how stringent it'd be regarding the age in universe. Last I heard (though it's varied) was Mayday's universe was quite literally set in the 90's.
    It did'nt always used to be. Early issues of the book had it being set around 2017, then sliding time scales placed it in the midst of 1996 (the year Mayday was born ironically enough)

I don't want to spam this everywhere lol, but this is the first story I've written which features a version of Mayday all be it a younger AU version. She appears in the latest chapter of my What If? OMD never happened series, and will become a regular character moving forward -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Peter did try to resume his Spidey career in the book, it was MJ who put a stop to it.
    Also his artificial leg wasn't up to the task. I'd sure like to see Peter from this universe alive again, it was absolutely a slap in the face to DeFalco to kill him off.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Totally agree!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    The Anya reason is outdated, but the point is that it was there at all, in which case I agree. Mayday was replaced for Anya who was replaced for Spider-Gwen. I'm not sure how much of the lack of respect for Tom DeFalco factors into this, so the biggest reason for me is simply that they don't want to remind people about the marriage. After One More Day, Mayday was cited as a way to pacify the people who Quesada knew would be angered by One More Day. And now she's gone, and the attitude has shifted towards "You need to get over One More Day!", even though the people who made One More Day and the fans who "support" it (By which I mean they're just going out of their way to avoid having to say that they just hate Mary Jane) had their own problems they couldn't get over after twenty years.
    Well stated!