Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default MAYDAY PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-GIRL Appreciation

The thread to appreciate the future daughter of Mary Jane Watson-Parker and Peter Parker is here!

Hopefully we'll have a lot to talk about with Spider-Verse coming up!

BANNED

By far my favourite of the Spider-Legacy characters.

I just reread the issue where she finally ends the Parker/Osborn conflict and brings Normie down to Earth, all without anyone dying over it. Very touching story, I love this book's emphasis on more triumph over tragedy

Promo art for Spider-Verse says there's going to be at least two of her in play. I can't wait.

I'd imagine there's going to be Symbiote Mayday and regular Mayday. Mayday and Mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Howie View Post
    I'd imagine there's going to be Symbiote Mayday and regular Mayday. Mayday and Mayhem.
    I'd like to see April, too, but I was referring to Earth X Venom.

BANNED

I'm really hoping she gets a tie-in miniseries that focuses exclusively on her (and April, if she's there).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    By far my favourite of the Spider-Legacy characters.

I just reread the issue where she finally ends the Parker/Osborn conflict and brings Normie down to Earth, all without anyone dying over it. Very touching story, I love this book's emphasis on more triumph over tragedy
    I agree with this.

BANNED

I don't know muc about but what sets her differently from other spidrrwoman like jessica, gwen and anya as far as unique personality traits and aspects go, or is she just a gender bent peter parker with a generic action girl design.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

My idea for the last few days has been this.

616 (or whatever we're supposed to call it nowadays LOL) - For the mainstream stuff
    Earth-65 - For the alternate versions of the stories we know - things like Spider-Gwen, Samantha T.Wilson as Captain America etc etc
    MC-2 - For the stories of what happens when the ''regular'' heroes get old and retire or have died and their kids and whatnot take over - like MayDay Parker.

Just a general idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    I don't know muc about but what sets her differently from other spidrrwoman like jessica, gwen and anya as far as unique personality traits and aspects go, or is she just a gender bent peter parker with a generic action girl design.
    It's the legacy angle.

Mayday is a mix between her mother and her father and the resemblance in personality is obvious. She has clear Spider-Man-esque stories but she does things differently. She reforms her villains more, she is more proactive, she is more of a team player. At the same time she relies more on her family. When you read Spider-Girl the intention and expectation is that you like Spider-Man and you want to see personality traits of him in her as she is his legacy, his daughter and you yourself are proud to see her live up to his mantle, whilst carving out something for herself.

In a sense she is a Spider Lady who is different to the other ones because she is comparativley more like Spider-Man than the others but its in an organic way due to the context of her series...and she's outlasted the other ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    It's the legacy angle.

Mayday is a mix between her mother and her father and the resemblance in personality is obvious. She has clear Spider-Man-esque stories but she does things differently. She reforms her villains more, she is more proactive, she is more of a team player. At the same time she relies more on her family. When you read Spider-Girl the intention and expectation is that you like Spider-Man and you want to see personality traits of him in her as she is his legacy, his daughter and you yourself are proud to see her live up to his mantle, whilst carving out something for herself.

In a sense she is a Spider Lady who is different to the other ones because she is comparativley more like Spider-Man than the others but its in an organic way due to the context of her series...and she's outlasted the other ones.
    Why do I get the urge to want a Spider Son of Peter and a Spider Boy, Mayday being a Peter Parker clone sounds creepy and nearly not a engaging concept for me when compared to the original, it's like they copied pasted MJ's and Peter's personalities and made her a better version of them by your description. At least with a boy, he has a chance to lead the story as a coming of age version of the original and not play daddy's little angel and set him up as his own character than a clone of his father and sounds like a mary sue. Miles is the closest I'll get from this, but he's just as an introvert as Peter, I would love to have a outgoing bold and hot blooded Spider-Man for once. Spider people other than Anya are way to calm and timid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    It's the legacy angle.

Yes, I can imagine this pride among the readers of her mag for sure since the series lasted for so long.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I want the Web Warriors team to explain in great detail on why Mayday isn't on a single cover despite being on the teams roster since #1.

Outlasted implies the others aren't around anymore, you know... Jessica, Anya and the such are still being used.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-03-2016 at 06:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I want the Web Warriors team to explain in great detail on why Mayday usnt on a single cover despite being on the teams roster since #1.

Outlasted implies the others aren't around anymore, you know... Jessica, Anya abd the such are still being used.
    She isn't on a single cover (despite Lady Spider and Uncle Ben Spider-Man being on THREE) because:

Marvel don’t want to remind you too much that there was a Spider Baby

Marvel don’t want to remind you too much about the Spider Marriage

Marvel don’t want to remind you too much of a Spider-Girl who isn’t Anya

Marvel don’t have much respect to Tom DeFalco, the former Editor-in-Chief who’s leadership is often scapegoated for Marvel’s dire problems in the 1990s and early 2000s

Marvel don’t like Mayday

All of this despite the fact that a series about AU Spider-People in an era when Marvel have made a lot of noise about diversity would mean that putting the most popular/successful female AU Spider person who's the longest running solo female marvel character would make MORE financial sense.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

She isn't on a single cover (despite Lady Spider and Uncle Ben Spider-Man being on THREE) because:

Marvel don’t want to remind you too much that there was a Spider Baby

Marvel don’t want to remind you too much about the Spider Marriage

Marvel don’t want to remind you too much of a Spider-Girl who isn’t Anya

Marvel don’t have much respect to Tom DeFalco, the former Editor-in-Chief who’s leadership is often scapegoated for Marvel’s dire problems in the 1990s and early 2000s

Marvel don’t like Mayday

All of this despite the fact that a series about AU Spider-People in an era when Marvel have made a lot of noise about diversity would mean that putting the most popular/successful female AU Spider person who's the longest running solo female marvel character would make MORE financial sense.
    Mayday isn't Spider-Girl so no issue there.

There's no excuse not to have her on the cover since she can help sell the book. Course making the book initially about Gwen and Gwen only was bad as is making Electro the first arc villain...

And Anya getting like no lines for the first few issues...

It's like Marvel wants Web Warriors to fail.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-03-2016 at 06:54 AM.