Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

What If #105 Feb 1998
    "Legacy" introduction and Origin of Spider-Girl
    In the future, the grown Normie Osborn becomes the Green Goblin

and the daughter of Spider-Man must stop him.

Script by Tom Defalco (Plot and Script) and Ron Frenz (Plot), pencils by Ron Frenz.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Also his artificial leg wasn't up to the task. I'd sure like to see Peter from this universe alive again, it was absolutely a slap in the face to DeFalco to kill him off.
    Didn't Dan Slott write that story? (I'm not into Spider-Verse and its spinoffs, but it was my understanding that Slott killed off this Spider-Man and DeFalco, while continuing from that premise, tried to write a half-orphaned Spider-Girl as best he could and strongly implied that it was not the original MC2 universe that was involved.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Didn't Dan Slott write that story? (I'm not into Spider-Verse and its spinoffs, but it was my understanding that Slott killed off this Spider-Man and DeFalco, while continuing from that premise, tried to write a half-orphaned Spider-Girl as best he could and strongly implied that it was not the original MC2 universe that was involved.)
    He didn't say Defalco killed Peter off, he said it was a slap in DeFlco's face to kill him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    He didn't say Defalco killed Peter off, he said it was a slap in DeFlco's face to kill him off.
    Oh.

10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So question for you all, is there a chance Mayday Parker could appear in this years animated Spider-Man film, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse?

https://www.newsarama.com/39545-marv...citations.html

SPIDER-GIRL: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB
    Written by TOM DEFALCO & RON FRENZ
    Penciled by RON FRENZ, PAT OLLIFFE & PAUL RYAN
    Cover by PAT OLLIFFE
    What if Peter Parker and Mary Jane had a daughter? The ever-amazing answer is she’d be May “Mayday” Parker — A.K.A. Spider-Girl! Spinning out of the pages of WHAT IF? into her very own universe, the teenage Mayday inherits spider-powers and dons her retired father’s red-and-blues! Now follow her adventures from the beginning as Mayday learns about Spider-Man’s legacy and wrestles with whether to follow in his footsteps! She’ll face threats old and new — from the Venom symbiote and Kaine to Crazy Eight and the Dragon King — and meet incredible faces from the future Marvel Universe including Darkdevil, Wild Thing, the Fantastic Five and the newest roster of the mighty Avengers! Discover a friendly neighborhood hero for a new generation! Collecting WHAT IF? (1989) #105; and SPIDER-GIRL (1998) #1-15, #1/2 and ANNUAL ’99.
    456 PGS./Rated T …$39.99

BANNED

An important message from Tom

Just a reminder, you can pre-order SPIDER-GIRL: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION Vol 1 right now. (If you don't order Vol. 1, there may not be a Vol. 2.)
    https://www.comicboards.com/php/show...&layout=thread

Crap, I was hoping that we didn't have to do that. Oh, well, I'll have to get on Amazon pretty soon I guess.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So, in ASM#9, vol 3 there's this moment between 616 Peter and Mayday:

And I'm wondering, when did they meet?

A second question that occurred to me; do you need to preorder from Amazon for it to count towards demand for the rest of the series or could you also go into a Barnes & Nobel and preorder there as well with it "counting?"
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

I think there was one story where Mayday went back in time and teamed-up with 616 Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there was one story where Mayday went back in time and teamed-up with 616 Peter.
    Any idea where though? Or even the year the comic with the story happened. Looking at comicbookdb and trying to find the comics both were in is a headache I'd like to avoid.

Spider-Girl #10, even though in the issue they state she travelled back in time to meet a younger Peter from her universe, in Spider-Verse they retconned it to be present 616 she travelled to.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Spider-Girl #10, even though in the issue they state she travelled back in time to meet a younger Peter from her universe, in Spider-Verse they retconned it to be present 616 she travelled to.
    Well, I just read that issue and Spider-Girl#11, even with the retcon that the Spidey she met is 616, it makes no sense he recognizes her, since she purposedly avoided to explain anything to him to avoid messing with the timeline, plus Spidey didn't even trust her for most of it and only ended up helping her to go back to her time on a gut feeling, he did meet her as Mayday though, but it's really far fetched he'd recognize some chick he talked with for all of 5 minutes. Also really questionable that Mayday somehow learned that the Spidey she met wasn't her father but a counterpart, even knew which one it was lol.

There's a plot hole within this story too, in #11 is when the events of ASM#25 happen, and Spidey's fight with the spider slayer is the same, but after he leaves the costume behind to get a few laughs at JJ, he immediately goes after Mayday, but he somehow has another costume to use, even though in the original story the spare costume was hidden by Aunt May, and him not having another costume is a plot point in the next issue (Not a serious one though, it's just Spidey feeling frustrated at the shitty costume he bought, he does manage to switch it over the other which JJ got, which Smythe had).

Not saying this ruins the story, it's still alright, but questionable it happened since a few times they're quoting ASM#25, so I can assume they had an access to it, and that story makes it clear Peter doesn't have another costume.

Either way, in hindsight, this panel from Spider-Girl#11 is hilarious:

This mini comic is nice too:

Well, I just read that issue and Spider-Girl#11, even with the retcon that the Spidey she met is 616, it makes no sense he recognizes her, since she purposedly avoided to explain anything to him to avoid messing with the timeline, plus Spidey didn't even trust her for most of it and only ended up helping her to go back to her time on a gut feeling, he did meet her as Mayday though, but it's really far fetched he'd recognize some chick he talked with for all of 5 minutes. Also really questionable that Mayday somehow learned that the Spidey she met wasn't her father but a counterpart, even knew which one it was lol.

There's a plot hole within this story too, in #11 is when the events of ASM#25 happen, and Spidey's fight with the spider slayer is the same, but after he leaves the costume behind to get a few laughs at JJ, he immediately goes after Mayday, but he somehow has another costume to use, even though in the original story the spare costume was hidden by Aunt May, and him not having another costume is a plot point in the next issue (Not a serious one though, it's just Spidey feeling frustrated at the shitty costume he bought, he does manage to switch it over the other which JJ got, which Smythe had).

Not saying this ruins the story, it's still alright, but questionable it happened since a few times they're quoting ASM#25, so I can assume they had an access to it, and that story makes it clear Peter doesn't have another costume.

Either way, in hindsight, this panel from Spider-Girl#11 is hilarious:

This mini comic is nice too:

Time travel stories. What can you do ?

I always love how prophetic older comics can end up being...