Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Time travel stories. What can you do ?
    Well those contradictions are less about the usual problems with time travel and more about not paying as much attention as they should to the originals lol.

I always love how prophetic older comics can end up being...
    This is my favorite moment in hindsight after Back in Black:

It's from ASM#288, and one can argue this one is more of an "obvious" prophecy considering the kind of character Fisk is...
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 04-17-2018 at 09:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Spider-Girl #10, even though in the issue they state she travelled back in time to meet a younger Peter from her universe, in Spider-Verse they retconned it to be present 616 she travelled to.
    Retcon? Pfft, It's yet more proof it is'nt "our" Mayday

Sure that wasn't a goof? 616 is the same as MC2 - up until the point MC2 launched. After 1998, they diverged (MC2 starting out set around 20 years in 616's future), with MC2 missing certain newer characters (by necessity - they obviously didn't know the Young Avengers were going to exist, many of whom would be logical members of A-Next) and obviously the Spider-Marriage staying intact.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sure that wasn't a goof? 616 is the same as MC2 - up until the point MC2 launched. After 1998, they diverged (MC2 starting out set around 20 years in 616's future)
    I recall they later retconned it to still taking place in the late 90s (one issue of Amazing Spider-Girl had a Bugle edition dated 1996, not 2017 as established in the first volume)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Somehow I just knew you'd post something like that, and honestly? It can actualy work as an explanation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sure that wasn't a goof? 616 is the same as MC2 - up until the point MC2 launched. After 1998, they diverged (MC2 starting out set around 20 years in 616's future), with MC2 missing certain newer characters (by necessity - they obviously didn't know the Young Avengers were going to exist, many of whom would be logical members of A-Next) and obviously the Spider-Marriage staying intact.
    Well, MC2 could easily be 616 until the divergence point, which is fine, thing is that the plot holes I pointed out are still going to be there even if Mayday went to 616's past.

An important message from Tom
    Just a reminder, you can pre-order SPIDER-GIRL: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION Vol 1 right now. (If you don't order Vol. 1, there may not be a Vol. 2.)

https://www.comicboards.com/php/show...&layout=thread
    Asking this again, since it didn't get an answer before: If you want to follow DeFalco's advice and preorder the book to help support the rest of the series getting reprinted, do you have to order through Amazon for it to "count" or can you preorder through a book store like Barnes and Noble?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Gee, I wonder if Mayday can sue her little sister from another universe for apeing her act, down to even a blue uniform-clad double now. Anyone know of a good interdimensional law firm that might take the case?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Gee, I wonder if Mayday can sue her little sister from another universe for apeing her act, down to even a blue uniform-clad double now. Anyone know of a good interdimensional law firm that might take the case?
    Harvey Birdman died eleven years ago

BANNED

Note to ASM#799

Parkers did it first

Amazing Member

I recall they later retconned it to still taking place in the late 90s (one issue of Amazing Spider-Girl had a Bugle edition dated 1996, not 2017 as established in the first volume)
    Several issues of Spider-Girl feature images of the Daily Bugle with various dates, either in the then-future or the past. The MC2 is perennially set in the present, just like the main Marvel Universe, with a sliding timeline in effect.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Asking this again, since it didn't get an answer before: If you want to follow DeFalco's advice and preorder the book to help support the rest of the series getting reprinted, do you have to order through Amazon for it to "count" or can you preorder through a book store like Barnes and Noble?
    I don't know for certain, but I presume preordering from anywhere would help. It's the numbers they need.

Harvey Birdman died eleven years ago
    And was duplicated not more than a day prior. The clone is presumably still taking cases and getting sent things after the original died.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by frogoat View Post
    I don't know for certain, but I presume preordering from anywhere would help. It's the numbers they need.
    Thanks for the opinion. Given that Amazon is currently not have a pre-order discount and I'd have to pay in advance, I'd kinda prefer to get it at a brick and mortar store where there's more convenance, I can budget a bit easier since I pay when it comes, and returns are easier if there's damage. (In all honesty, the only reason I do pre-orders is when there's a discount or perk, otherwise I don't really like to do them, so I'm only trying to figure this out to support the overall new trade series in hopes that they cover the entire Spider-Girl run.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Maybe we can haz Mayhem now?

Wait... I just noticed.... "Mayhem"... Mayday... she picked her named because it started with May didn't she? O_o'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Maybe we can haz Mayhem now?
    I recall Ron Frenz was kind of bummed that Marvel went to all the trouble of putting Mayhem in the marketing for Venomverse and she failed to appear