Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Vulcan, Sway and Petra resurrection

Has it been shown that Petra and Sway were resurrected? Was Vulcan resurrected with his base power or post-absorption of Sway and Petra. Also, anyone else think they should have resurrected Gabriel in his true age and allow him the childhood denied by the Shi'ar?

It hasn't been shown yet, but I think he's supposed to be a teenager or anyway younger than his last appearance.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Has it been shown that Petra and Sway were resurrected? Was Vulcan resurrected with his base power or post-absorption of Sway and Petra. Also, anyone else think they should have resurrected Gabriel in his true age and allow him the childhood denied by the Shi'ar?
    They haven't shown but they likely brought him back pre-Krakoa. If there was a post revival scan during Deadly Genesis it was done by either Rachel or Emma. And I don't think they want him having memories of that failed trip.
    Petra and Sway should be brought back though!

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

I hope they come back. There are only two mutants I know that specifically has chronokinesis (excluding reality warping or whatever's up with Cable & co.) and I'd like to see how the writers would write in Sway's powers, as it can be a very potent one.

I have a feeling Apoc will use Petra once he's done with Rictor idk

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I hope they come back. There are only two mutants I know that specifically has chronokinesis (excluding reality warping or whatever's up with Cable & co.) and I'd like to see how the writers would write in Sway's powers, as it can be a very potent one.

I have a feeling Apoc will use Petra once he's done with Rictor idk
    Yeah both ladies deserve a chance to be developed.. Would love to see Petra, Magma and Rictor interact.. as far as time manipulators in addition to Tempest, we hae Sway, tempo, and Gabriel .. Also timeslip is also a time manipulating mutant but she might still be depowered

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    They haven't shown but they likely brought him back pre-Krakoa. If there was a post revival scan during Deadly Genesis it was done by either Rachel or Emma. And I don't think they want him having memories of that failed trip.
    Petra and Sway should be brought back though!
    If there was a post DG revival, it was done by Xavier as has been mentioned for all the other resurrections save his own in X-Force by Jean. Thats not likely though bc he was a psychopath and the trauma not not dying but living in a horrible state for years is what drove him insane

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Vulcan has not really gotten focus yet, but I think they will not have included three dramas of what happened on Krakoa. Though if he WOULD remember, we would be up for an interesting story, as he's on Krakoa.....
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I do want them both back (more than Vulcan, to be honest), but there are a fair number of time-manipulating mutant ladies.

Tempus. Tempo. Timeslip (Rina Patel). Kiden Nixon. Lacuna. Sway. Probably a few others I'm forgetting. (Technically even Ilyanna is a time-shifter, since she controls how time works in Limbo and can do weird stuff like age or youthen people by zapping them through Limbo, and, although she hasn't demonstrated it yet, quite possibly hop into Limbo, mess with time, as she does, and then return to 616 in the past, or distant future...)

they did Darwin dirty

It will certainly be interesting in how they have dealt with Vulcan, how old will he be ?, will the Shi'ar be involved ?, will his previous memories resurface ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    It will certainly be interesting in how they have dealt with Vulcan, how old will he be ?, will the Shi'ar be involved ?, will his previous memories resurface ?.
    I don't think previous memories will resurface because they in video game terms used a Vulcan from an "earlier save point". He might be confronted by his past self actions by Shiar but I don't think they are crazy enough to bring him post deadly genesis.

As for characters Sway and Petra have level disposability attach to them. Petra is yet another white woman and the X-men is filled those Dazzler, Polaris, Sage, Skids, Boom Boom, Lifeguard ,Firestar, Tempus,etc. Now the quality of character not race should be biggest factor in character use but there is high amount of quality females not being used. Sway is a little bit different she bring being a minority to table but a power that has quite but characters now with it. There is such a long jam of characters that I would be fine if they stayed dead.

Now if they are going to bring them back I would like that Moria would take them and Moria would have her own group of X-men and philosophy for mutants. They wouldn't be used all the time but Moria's X-men with Darwin,Sway, and Petra,maybe Rahne,Multiple Man and Banshee and couple of others be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I don't think previous memories will resurface because they in video game terms used a Vulcan from an "earlier save point". He might be confronted by his past self actions by Shiar but I don't think they are crazy enough to bring him post deadly genesis.

As for characters Sway and Petra have level disposability attach to them. Petra is yet another white woman and the X-men is filled those Dazzler, Polaris, Sage, Skids, Boom Boom, Lifeguard ,Firestar, Tempus,etc. Now the quality of character not race should be biggest factor in character use but there is high amount of quality females not being used. Sway is a little bit different she bring being a minority to table but a power that has quite but characters now with it. There is such a long jam of characters that I would be fine if they stayed dead.

Now if they are going to bring them back I would like that Moria would take them and Moria would have her own group of X-men and philosophy for mutants. They wouldn't be used all the time but Moria's X-men with Darwin,Sway, and Petra,maybe Rahne,Multiple Man and Banshee and couple of others be cool.
    That group of X-Men would be amazingly cool. The thing I would appreciate about Sway is that her powers weren't as OP as Tempus (she can do literally anything with time while Sway mostly froze it or did that cool memory thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That group of X-Men would be amazingly cool. The thing I would appreciate about Sway is that her powers weren't as OP as Tempus (she can do literally anything with time while Sway mostly froze it or did that cool memory thing).
    Lol this one of my pet peeves.You could walk back some of power level for Tempus but that is whole another topic. Anyways Clearly define weakness for characters help out a lot.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Lol this one of my pet peeves.You could walk back some of power level for Tempus but that is whole another topic. Anyways Clearly define weakness for characters help out a lot.
    Yeah, it is cool how characters with some meaningful limitations to their powers, like Cyclops, seem to get so much more love than, say, Havok, who has the exact same sort of energy projecting 'blaster' powers, with no weaknesses, and gets utterly ignored by comparison. And then there's a ton of really crazy OP characters like Mikhail Rasputin or Michael Pointer or Alpha, the Ultimate Mutant or whatever that nobody seems to really give a crap about, because, at the end of the day, it's easier to write stories about people you can challenge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, it is cool how characters with some meaningful limitations to their powers, like Cyclops, seem to get so much more love than, say, Havok, who has the exact same sort of energy projecting 'blaster' powers, with no weaknesses, and gets utterly ignored by comparison. And then there's a ton of really crazy OP characters like Mikhail Rasputin or Michael Pointer or Alpha, the Ultimate Mutant or whatever that nobody seems to really give a crap about, because, at the end of the day, it's easier to write stories about people you can challenge.
    Cyclops was one of the original X-Men, and Havok was introduced as his brother. Havok never took off. He does have weaknesses. He cannot fly, he has not invulnerable, cannot survive space, etc.

Captain Marvel is a much more powerful energy blaster. She can fly through space, superhumanly strong and fast, invulnerable, plus her cosmic energy powers and absorption.

Look at Storm. She can do a lot more than hurl lightening bolts. She's a powerful elemental. Controls not only earth's weather but the cosmic wind. Is a sorceress/goddess.

Look at what even plain Jean Grey can do. Way more powerful than Havok, not counting when she's Phoenix.