Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Isn't that red Doomsday looking guy dead?

BANNED

As a Kyle fan it's really saddened me this week that he was snubbed in this week's DC 9 since all the other earth lanterns appear(hope it's not an omen on the future)

Simon wasn't there too.

It's also possible that Kyle and Simon just didn't go on that mission. Not sure if it's an option, but they could just be with the GLC.

BANNED

Maybe but Kyle usually gets ignored in animation and green lantern crossovers so I'm not even surprised

And, while I'm not surprised, no Kyle in the June solicits sadly.

It's a shame that the last Titans issue likely won't give a hint as to where he'll be after all this, since this takes place before the JL Annual.

BANNED

Now that DC said that they are cutting down the number of titles they're putting out I'm really worried Kyle will be in limbo

Recently re-read the Marz run, so I'm right there with you guys re: frustration over a lack of Kyle Rayner in the current DC lineup.

I'm loving Grant Morrison's take on The Green Lantern, and I see what DC is doing by scaling back and giving focus to the one title, but I'm hoping we get a relaunched Corps in the near future, possibly after Morrison hits the one-year mark.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Recently re-read the Marz run, so I'm right there with you guys re: frustration over a lack of Kyle Rayner in the current DC lineup.

I'm loving Grant Morrison's take on The Green Lantern, and I see what DC is doing by scaling back and giving focus to the one title, but I'm hoping we get a relaunched Corps in the near future, possibly after Morrison hits the one-year mark.
    With the rate the title is losing readers each month, I think we will be lucky if we get a Morrison Year 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    With the rate the title is losing readers each month, I think we will be lucky if we get a Morrison Year 2.
    Is that true? It seems every person on the boards reading this title has nothing but praise for it! (I'm the exact opposite...I really don't like much of anything that Morrison writes and don't understand how his work gets praised so highly)! I find it interesting if indeed the selling of this title is going down.

I'd much rather have a Kyle-centric GL title (or John Stewart) over a Hal book. He's been done to death. And keep Morrison away from my DC super-heroes (pretty pretty please with a cherry on top)!! Yeah, I know everyone loves Morrison....

Most new titles lose between 60-70% of their readership in a single month after their launch, in its fourth month GL started to stabilize where it dropped only 4K from the previous issue and now it's at 50K. When all is said and done I believe it would probably end up staying between the 30-40K which would be respectable in this day and age.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-19-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Yeah I don't foresee sales being the the reason Morrison one days stops writing TGL.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Most new titles lose between 60-70% of their readership in a single month after their launch, in its fourth month GL started to stabilize where it dropped only 4K from the previous issue and now it's at 50K. When all is said and done I believe it would probably end up staying between the 30-40K which would be respectable in this day and age.
    Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps didn't stabilize and went well below 30k.

Green Lantern #4 sold 50,176 units. That's a great number, except that's almost 10% less than #3. I know it is too early to tell, but I think the book will lose more readers and will be down to 30k before the end of the year.

That's frustrating because only with a strong franchise-leader can we have more books.

Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps didn't stabilize and went well below 30k.

Green Lantern #4 sold 50,176 units. That's a great number, except that's almost 10% less than #3. I know it is too early to tell, but I think the book will lose more readers and will be down to 30k before the end of the year.

That's frustrating because only with a strong franchise-leader can we have more books.
    To be fair, aside from certain spikes (crossovers, certain variants, etc...) most titles seem to continue, albeit slowly, to have lower sales numbers.

Technically 'stabilizing' in this case is more like losing maybe only 1-2k or thereabouts. TGL went from losing 44% to 15% to about 7.8%. I suspect when the numbers for this past issue comes out, that percentage will be less. Is 45-50k for the 5th issue of this book what DC wanted from the numbers we see? I dunno, but I've seen it appear in the top 10 for Comixology's best sellers (#7 for the 5th issue) and such, so it's probably doing fine overall. We just don't have all the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Doesn't that seem a tad low for a Grant Morrison book though?

Granted, there are so many different factors/facets that play into sales these days...