Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Omega lantern Kyle was a nice story I would like if king will one day make a sequel to the omega men and have Kyle make amends with them

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Omega lantern Kyle was a nice story I would like if king will one day make a sequel to the omega men and have Kyle make amends with them
    Hard to make amends with terrorists! More likely would be a story in which the Green Lanterns feel obliged to break their treaty and occupy Vega indefinitely. They would have to establish a local base called the "Green Zone." Calling Tom King!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Just finished reading the Ion story ending in issue 150.

Most of it was kinda weird with Kyle becoming all powerful and taking it in stride. But the ending was pretty good. I thought he would refuse to give up the power and think he was doing good and have a big battle. Especially after he had that discussion with Superman.

But Kyle, being as humble as ever, actually took Superman's concerns to heart and readily gave up the power as he realized what he was doing was wrong. Very in character.

Also going through all the Lanterns beginnings and re igniting the main power batter on Oa and bringing back the guardians were nice touches as well.

The parts with Hal/Spectre and Kyles dad were also very good.

All in all pretty good if not somewhat anti climactic.

RCO038.jpg

Almost done the series.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Just finished reading the Ion story ending in issue 150.

Most of it was kinda weird with Kyle becoming all powerful and taking it in stride. But the ending was pretty good. I thought he would refuse to give up the power and think he was doing good and have a big battle. Especially after he had that discussion with Superman.

But Kyle, being as humble as ever, actually took Superman's concerns to heart and readily gave up the power as he realized what he was doing was wrong. Very in character.

Also going through all the Lanterns beginnings and re igniting the main power batter on Oa and bringing back the guardians were nice touches as well.

The parts with Hal/Spectre and Kyles dad were also very good.

All in all pretty good if not somewhat anti climactic.

RCO038.jpg

Almost done the series.
    Please heed the Ben Raab run!!
    It was just plain awful.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Please heed the Ben Raab run!!
    It was just plain awful.
    Lol. Now you got me curious on how bad it is. Is it entertaningly bad like modern Marvel or is it just painful bad like Heroes in crisis?

Oh also as far as the Ion run goes the art was awesome by Eaglesham. The Ion suit was nice but this new one Kyle got after is not so good.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Lol. Now you got me curious on how bad it is. Is it entertaningly bad like modern Marvel or is it just painful bad like Heroes in crisis?

Oh also as far as the Ion run goes the art was awesome by Eaglesham. The Ion suit was nice but this new one Kyle got after is not so good.
    Raab's run moved Kyle away from Earth, and made him into a full-time space cop, which was a big mistake. It isn't terrible, as far as I remember, but it is not the kind of Kyle adventures I would prefer to read.

Raab's run was fine. It was just different than what most Kyle Rayner fans wanted at the time. I really dug the whole slow rebuilding of the Corps stuff.

Winick's run was my favorite. Made me move on from Hal and made Kyle my favorite GL, ever.
    Batman - Daredevil

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    Raab's run was fine. It was just different than what most Kyle Rayner fans wanted at the time. I really dug the whole slow rebuilding of the Corps stuff.

Winick's run was my favorite. Made me move on from Hal and made Kyle my favorite GL, ever.
    Winick took Kyle to the next level, in that he wrote a Kyle that was no longer the rookie GL, but rather a was confident and skilled superhero. It was a great run. If you ask me, a hypothetical GL run starring Kyle should follow the spirit of Marz's last issues and Winick entire run.

Raab wasn't terrible, but the fact that he took Kyle to space on a permanent basis, removing his supporting cast, and making him into a Hal-lite, was not my cup of tea, even though the build up of the Corps and the return of Kilowog was interesting.

BANNED

The Ben Raab run wasn't as bad as I remembered it being. He is a pretty decent sci-fi writer. I think the thing I have the biggest problem with is how he wrote Jade and Merayn. They were rather unlikable during that period.

Maybe I need to go back and re-read Raab's run.
    I just remember at the time I HATED it with a passion.
    The crossover with Green Arrow was AWFUL.
    Kyle had all of a sudden lost his sense of fun.
    The Black Circle, while an interesting premise, was never really fleshed out.
    Abin's son as a head flunky was boring and survived having his head blown off by saying the head isn't a vital part of his alien physiology!
    I DID like the way Kilowog was brought back. Those couple of issues were probably the highlight for me.
    I think because it was SUCH a sharp turn around from both Marz and Winick, it just fell flat for me.

BANNED

I want to start reading the kyle era early stories i'll probably buy the kyle tpbs as well as his Jla time and have not actually ever read the morrison justice league run so it's two birds

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I want to start reading the kyle era early stories i'll probably buy the kyle tpbs as well as his Jla time and have not actually ever read the morrison justice league run so it's two birds
    Get it, read it, love it. Kyle's tenure as a GL in the 90s was amazing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    Get it, read it, love it. Kyle's tenure as a GL in the 90s was amazing.
    Yes sir!

BANNED

Hey Kyle fans,what is your favourite Kyle romance in his history mine is sora,always liked their dynamic and hopefully they'll be back together one day(in my humble opinion of course)

Kyle Rayner Soranik.jpg

Alex - Always wanted to see her character fleshed out more. I thought there was a lot more story potential that was never really explored
    Donna - Wasn't keen on the pairing at first, but grew to love it! Was only nixed because the WW office didn't want anyone else in their sandbox. (Yeah, looking at you Byrne!)
    Jade - Liked this pairing from the get-go. HATED the way it was ended.
    Sora - See Jade.
    Carol - Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be taken behind the shed and beaten with a bag of doorknobs. Just, NO.