Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Comic Geek in General

Haven’t read any the Titans issues when Kyle joined.....have they teased that he and Donna used to date? Are they even hinting st going down that road again? (Minus Byrne screwing things up)

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I guess Kyle speaks Spanish only in king verse so let's just ignore it(and I'm still baffled that kyle could have been in this mess of a story)
    Lol. I find it best to just ignore King's nonsense as well. They should make a Kingverse though. Then he can destroy all the characters he wants without ruining the real ones.

As for Kyle being in it, he just got a one panel head shot like the rest of a couple of dozen other heroes, so not so bad.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Lol. I find it best to just ignore King's nonsense as well. They should make a Kingverse though. Then he can destroy all the characters he wants without ruining the real ones.

As for Kyle being in it, he just got a one panel head shot like the rest of a couple of dozen other heroes, so not so bad.
    Don't they already have DCeased? lol

I guess Kyle speaks Spanish only in king verse so let's just ignore it
    Nah, I like it. In fact I'm more laughing at the number of people who seem upset by it for no reason.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Nah, I like it. In fact I'm more laughing at the number of people who seem upset by it for no reason.
    I think people are bothered by it because literally only one writer writes him that way. That makes it out of character.

Don't they already have DCeased? lol
    That's Tom Taylor, though.

The artist did a nice job here imo. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I think people are bothered by it because literally only one writer writes him that way. That makes it out of character.
    Pretty much this. Cool that King acknowledges Kyle being half-Mexican. Personally, I'm fine with it being a permanent part of Kyle's story (love the idea of him learning and wanting to explore his father's heritage), but not really a fan of how King did it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't think they're upset about it but they're just pissed at king

Incredible Member

Yeah, I don’t think most people care about Kyle being half Hispanic, what they hate is how it has NEVER been a big part of his character and suddenly King tries to make it the main focus of the character every time he writes him.

RCO020.jpg
    1char.

BANNED

Why do you think Kyle Rayner is not used much outside of comics or even crossover comics (star trek,planet of the ape)?
    Last edited by LP22; 05-31-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Yeah, Kyle's lack of presence in outside media has often perplexed me as well. He was the main Lantern for a decade, you'd think he would have a higher profile in animation or video games. Even Guy has appeared more often than him outside of comics.

Incredible Member

He should. Hal was my first Lantern but I really grew to love Kyle as a character. He was so much fun and was just an every man. He was awesome. I really wish they’d give him his own book again and let him come back to Earth and draw comics and superhero like he used to. I wish the Lanterns would spend more time on Earth, other than Simon and Jess since neither of them really works that much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah, Kyle's lack of presence in outside media has often perplexed me as well. He was the main Lantern for a decade, you'd think he would have a higher profile in animation or video games. Even Guy has appeared more often than him outside of comics.
    I think part of it is...I dunno, Kyle's niche as the "young and hip Lantern who was the only member of the Corps." status didn't make him easy to fit in compared to the more standard GL's like Hal and John.

Or maybe it's just a simple case of every time it came up to use a GL in a media adaption it usually comes down to who best fit the setting/series and it usually ended up being Hal, John, or Guy.

I do remember Giancarlo Volpe confirming there were plans for him to appear in GL:TAS.

Incredible Member

I would LOVE a Legion book with Kyle in it, and I think it makes perfect sense for the character.

Green_Lantern_Vol_3_98.jpg