Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    So the last issue of Titans dropped and it was a happy send off,hope Kyle will survive limbo
    Hell be back.

I actually am just finishing up Marz's original run on Kyle. It's been pretty good.

Time to jump into the mess of Winicks run.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Hell be back.

I actually am just finishing up Marz's original run on Kyle. It's been pretty good.

it's not that bad maybe if you want you can skip to rebirth and read ION and sinestro corps war and then jump to tomasi's green lantern corps book

Winick's was definitely a step down from Marz, but I tend to include it whenever I do a Kyle Rayner re-read because of the return of Mogo and the Guardians.

Thanks guys. I alreday read Johns era so I'm just missing until the end of Kyle's run to complete my GL reading.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Thanks guys. I alreday read Johns era so I'm just missing until the end of Kyle's run to complete my GL reading.
    I'm curious, since I'm not sure how you're going about it, are you just reading the main GL title of that era or are you including other stories like Circle of Fire, the 80-Page Giant, etc...?

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I'm curious, since I'm not sure how you're going about it, are you just reading the main GL title of that era or are you including other stories like Circle of Fire, the 80-Page Giant, etc...?
    Just going through the main GL series for now. I do want to read the other stories but there are so many and in no order that it's a little more diffucult.

But Ill go through them after I finish the main series.

I always try to include the 80 Page Giant (I think there was two? Or perhaps that was Secret Files & Origins?), The New Corps, and that Faster Friends mini-series with Wally, Jay, and Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I always try to include the 80 Page Giant (I think there was two? Or perhaps that was Secret Files & Origins?), The New Corps, and that Faster Friends mini-series with Wally, Jay, and Alan.
    Yeah those two ,Secret files and 80 page, are usually a lot of fun. The Annuals are the ones I try to keep up with but I think these are side stories.

I want to check out New Corps since it was mentioned a lot when Kyle went into space and Jade took over.

Faster friends I read awhile ago when I read the Flash/Wally series may years ago. Lol.

Great series .

Just going through the main GL series for now. I do want to read the other stories but there are so many and in no order that it's a little more diffucult.

But Ill go through them after I finish the main series.
    That make sense. Certainly less confusing that way.

---

While I don't put any stock in top 10 lists and such because everyone's is different, I just think it's cool that whatculture posted/made a video about '10 Insane Times Superheroes Developed New Powers' and Kyle's at number 1. Would've preferred if they separated Ion I and Ion II, since the powers were pretty different imo.

RCO023.jpg

End of Marz's run.

BANNED

RCO023.jpg

End of Marz's run.
    90s Kyle run is so underrated I'm happy DC is collecting those issues

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Hell be back.

Winick's run was actually pretty damn good. Right up to #150 was rock solid.
    Now, please take my advice and avoid Raab's run like the plague. It is truly awful.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Winick's run was actually pretty damn good. Right up to #150 was rock solid.
    Now, please take my advice and avoid Raab's run like the plague. It is truly awful.
    I remember flipping through them when they were coming out and they looked terrible. Plus I've heard word of mouth.

It just seemed like it turned into some fun space adventures about a young rookie into something more weird and dark.

I'm going to read it anyways just to finish off the series. Hey I started from GL #1, 1960.

Was Raab the one with the painted, kinda weird covers with Kyle fighting aliens?

BANNED

I remember flipping through them when they were coming out and they looked terrible. Plus I've heard word of mouth.

It just seemed like it turned into some fun space adventures about a young rookie into something more weird and dark.

I'm going to read it anyways just to finish off the series. Hey I started from GL #1, 1960.

Was Raab the one with the painted, kinda weird covers with Kyle fighting aliens?
    Are you gonna start the Geoff era or are you only reading issues that preceded before he took over the GL franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Are you gonna start the Geoff era or are you only reading issues that preceded before he took over the GL franchise?
    That's actually where I started from. Lol.

I first started reading Green Lantern with Geoff Johns GL Rebirth when Blackest Night came out. That's what pulled me into GL in general.

About a year or two ago I decided to go all the way back and fill in what I missed. So I started from GL #1 1960. Once I finish up Kyle's run my GL reading will be complete.
    As far as the main series anyhow.

It's been a really fun ride reading GL through the decades.