Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    That's actually where I started from. Lol.

I first started reading Green Lantern with Geoff Johns GL Rebirth when Blackest Night came out. That's what pulled me into GL in general.

About a year or two ago I decided to go all the way back and fill in what I missed. So I started from GL #1 1960. Once I finish up Kyle's run my GL reading will be complete.
    As far as the main series anyhow.

It's been a really fun ride reading GL through the decades.
    Yep and now DC universe adding all digital comics catalogue to the service it will be much easier to read

BANNED

White Lantern Kyle was a controversy among fans what are your opinions should he stay green or turn white again?

kyleraynerPE_wl.jpg

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    White Lantern Kyle was a controversy among fans what are your opinions should he stay green or turn white again?

kyleraynerPE_wl.jpg
    Being white was cool and different. I would actually like to see him go as a Blue lantern for a bit.

I liked him as that in War of the GLs, even.though it was brief. He had a cool suit there as well.

I just think it fits Kyle's personality more than as a green. And there are so many earth GLs I think that giving them different rings would help un dilute the GL corps as well as give the individual earth lanterns their own uniqueness and niche.

Benefit for both.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 04-22-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

kyleraynerPE_wl.jpg
    I liked him as a White Lantern but I'm not surprised they made him Green again.

I could go either way on White Lantern Kyle. He's "my" Green Lantern (he held the mantle when I started reading) so I'll never complain about him having a role in the Corps, but I thought New Guardians lacked direction and his quest to master the emotional spectrum gave the book/character purpose in an increasingly-crowded Green Lantern field. Being White Lantern also set Kyle apart without resorting to devolving the character back to "new kid" status, which of course he had long since grown out of.

Be it Green or White, I do think Kyle deserves a distinct role in the mythos. If the Torchbearer thing is put to bed with the return of the old status quo with Hal/the Corps/the Guardians, I like the idea of it being Kyle who pushes the boundaries of what the emotional spectrum can be, and how it can be wielded. He had a vehicle for that as White Lantern. Editorial chose to go in a different direction and return him to being a Green, and that's fine, but I think he can do better than palling around with the Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I could go either way on White Lantern Kyle. He's "my" Green Lantern (he held the mantle when I started reading) so I'll never complain about him having a role in the Corps, but I thought New Guardians lacked direction and his quest to master the emotional spectrum gave the book/character purpose in an increasingly-crowded Green Lantern field. Being White Lantern also set Kyle apart without resorting to devolving the character back to "new kid" status, which of course he had long since grown out of.

Be it Green or White, I do think Kyle deserves a distinct role in the mythos. If the Torchbearer thing is put to bed with the return of the old status quo with Hal/the Corps/the Guardians, I like the idea of it being Kyle who pushes the boundaries of what the emotional spectrum can be, and how it can be wielded. He had a vehicle for that as White Lantern. Editorial chose to go in a different direction and return him to being a Green, and that's fine, but I think he can do better than palling around with the Titans.
    Well I personally liked him as white lantern but I remember a lot of fans(on this forum)wanting him to go back to green and it's funny because in Geoff's GL run ending Kyle was white lantern

BANNED

Wow I just read HIC 8....and all I'll say is thank God Kyle wasn't in this series

Wow I just read HIC 8....and all I'll say is thank God Kyle wasn't in this series
    I wonder if Abnett using him in Titans helped keep him out out it, but then many of those who appeared in the DC Nation pages never appeared either (Tim, Cyborg, Atom, etc..)

Still, who knows where Kyle may appear next.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I wonder if Abnett using him in Titans helped keep him out out it, but then many of those who appeared in the DC Nation pages never appeared either (Tim, Cyborg, Atom, etc..)

Still, who knows where Kyle may appear next.
    Hopefully in the hands of someone who loves and respects the character

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Where's Ron Marz when you need him??
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Where's Ron Marz when you need him??
    Peter Tomasi also comes to mind

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Yeah, but he was once a Titan and you know how Didio feels about the Titans.

It's only a matter of time. Soon the only characters allowed in DC will be those that Dan Didio is crazy for.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Yeah, but he was once a Titan and you know how Didio feels about the Titans.

It's only a matter of time. Soon the only characters allowed in DC will be those that Dan Didio is crazy for.
    for some weird reason he seems to like him compared to wally his treatment since rebirth in 2005 has been good at least in the comics

BANNED

Kyle appeared today on year of the villain,although only on one panel but it's good to know at least they have use for him and it's better than being in limbo....

Kyle appeared today on year of the villain,although only on one panel but it's good to know at least they have use for him and it's better than being in limbo....
    He's also on the suspects page for being one of the 6 heroes/allies infected by BWL. And although the last time this happened, he turned out to not be in it at all, I'm not so sure he'll be spared from this too. I'd rather him be in limbo than that.
    Even though, it's less 'betrayal' and more being forced, since it's being infected/becoming a sleeper agent, I worry there won't be a cure and he'll get killed off...

Also kinda surprised Guy isn't in the picture. Kinda makes me think, Guy, Hal, and Jess are off in space, while Kyle, John, and Simon are meant to hang around Earth more.

Kyle also appears in YJ #5 on one page when Tim gets his memories of Conner and the previous YJ.