Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Do you think there's a chance Jade will return after Doomsday Clock? I'm still hoping for most of the JSA's Post COIE history to be restored.
    I know I shouldn't be hopeful, but the DCU seems so much smaller without those characters that I can't help it. I miss Kyle and Jade!
    As much as I love Kyle he's a jinx for love interests,Donna is a depressed alcoholic,soranik is a villain,Carol is in limbo and Alex is dead...

Please, let's not even count Carol Ferris as a "love interest" to Kyle. It's like Selina Kyle being a love interest of Tim Drake. Ugh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Please, let's not even count Carol Ferris as a "love interest" to Kyle. It's like Selina Kyle being a love interest of Tim Drake. Ugh.

oh god don't give king ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    This is true. The handling was very poor. When Judd Winick took over the series, his stories in that run was a reflection of his personal life.
    I don't really mind the stories being a reflection of Winick's personal life, since I liked most of his run, but yeah, some stuff wasn't as greatly handled.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    As much as I love Kyle he's a jinx for love interests,Donna is a depressed alcoholic,soranik is a villain,Carol is in limbo and Alex is dead...
    Eh, this seems a bit like an exaggeration. What does Donna being a depressed alcoholic have to do with Kyle? It doesn't even seem like their history is intact. And Carol (which I don't count for a love interest) being in limbo has nothing to do with Kyle. Alex and maybe Soranik (I recently got to this arc and the explanations and characterizations seem a little eh to me. We'll see if there is a followup to this) are the only ones you can say Kyle had an indirect or direct hand in.

Extraordinary Member

kyle is latino

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    This is true. The handling was very poor. When Judd Winick took over the series, his stories in that run was a reflection of his personal life.
    I thought Winick's run was great.
    His first year in particular was really strong.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Eh, this seems a bit like an exaggeration. What does Donna being a depressed alcoholic have to do with Kyle? It doesn't even seem like their history is intact. And Carol (which I don't count for a love interest) being in limbo has nothing to do with Kyle. Alex and maybe Soranik (I recently got to this arc and the explanations and characterizations seem a little eh to me. We'll see if there is a followup to this) are the only ones you can say Kyle had an indirect or direct hand in.
    I was being sarcastic and wrote it with humor of course I don't blame Kyle for any bad things that happen to any of his love interest lol.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I thought Winick's run was great.
    His first year in particular was really strong.
    All this talk of Winick's run makes me want to go re-read it. Gotta do that when I get a chance.

I was being sarcastic and wrote it with humor of course I don't blame Kyle for any bad things that happen to any of his love interest lol.
    Whoops, I didn't catch the sarcasm. Funnily enough, it's not the first time I've heard someone mention that anyone who's been with Kyle is jinxed.

I didn't care for a lot of Winick's DC work but his Green Lantern was pretty good. He got Kyle's voice, and I thought he did a good job blending certain aspects of the Marz-era status quo with the return of some classical GL elements (the Guardians and Mogo, specifically -- and possibly Kilowog? I can't remember if Winick wrote that one-shot/mini-series where he came back).

The only thing that bugs me about Winick's run is the wardrobe change, if only because Kyle's classic GL look is so great. But I have no idea if that was a Winick idea or if it came from editorial.

BANNED

Going back and reading Ron marz run on Kyle is really good so far

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Winnick reminded me a lot of O'Neils work on GL. A decent enough writer when he tried but more often then not got too wrapped up in his preachiness and trying to send a message rather then tell a good story.

I liked how Winnick wrote Kyles personality but the stories themselves were just ok and downright awful when he got preachy.

The only story that stands out was the Ion story line. The Nero one had potential but dragged on way too long.

As for the new look, nothing will beat Kyles original suit. That design is just amazing. With that being said the new look was not that great. Especially that velcro strap collar. Gross.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I did like that Kyle and Ollie hated each other. That and the insults were pretty hilarious.

RCO012.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Wally is getting a new series in the cosmos setting,I hope him and Kyle will finally meet and become friends again!

Wally is getting a new series in the cosmos setting,I hope him and Kyle will finally meet and become friends again!
    Wally does need a friend right now. And with Dick being "Ric", who else other than Kyle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wally does need a friend right now. And with Dick being "Ric", who else other than Kyle.
    Indeed space is a big and lonely place.