Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 497
  1. #391
    Incredible Member LP22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    We are at the absurd point where is better stay in limbo than being ruined forever as they did with each former Titan
    Yep not to mention ric grayson god the cringe....

  2. #392
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,902

    Default


  3. #393
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I always liked that little bit of Rebirth.
    It always USED to be the case that the ring would work for anyone and took no effort to make it work.
    I liked that retcon that it now took effort.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  4. #394
    Incredible Member LP22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I miss EVS big summer block busters feel comics art.

  5. #395
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Kyle was one of the possible victims of the Bat who laughs, but he is not showing up in the latest cover (with most of the DCU characters) so maybe he is safe (by virtue of limbo)?

  6. #396
    Spectacular Member Lirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    Kyle was one of the possible victims of the Bat who laughs, but he is not showing up in the latest cover (with most of the DCU characters) so maybe he is safe (by virtue of limbo)?
    Just saw the image. I wouldn't rule anything out yet. The rumor from BC was that two of the victims are spoilers:
    Donna and Perry White
    end of spoilers. One is in this image and one (I think) isn't.

  7. #397
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I miss EVS big summer block busters feel comics art.
    Really like how he drew that costume. People will always have a soft spot for the crab mask but this is probably my favorite Kyle look.

  8. #398
    Mighty Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    By now the only way Dc has to sell his silly events is taking a bunch of heroes they don’t know how to use and jeopardize them.
    Every time Kyle’s in it as some of former Titans.
    I’m tired of it, of this stupid Batman who laughs. They’ll never have my money again till this madness is totally gone.

  9. #399
    Incredible Member LP22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    By now the only way Dc has to sell his silly events is taking a bunch of heroes they don’t know how to use and jeopardize them.
    Every time Kyle’s in it as some of former Titans.
    I’m tired of it, of this stupid Batman who laughs. They’ll never have my money again till this madness is totally gone.
    I feel DC would be better once tom king,bendis,and scott snyder will be gone from DC.

  10. #400
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I feel DC would be better once tom king,bendis,and scott snyder will be gone from DC.
    I am not entirely sure it is all their fault. I mean, I think the decision on who gets to use what character in any given story seems to be made by Editorial nowadays. I think that the best that could ever happen to DC (and Marvel) is for the unparallel rise of creator-owned material.

  11. #401
    Mighty Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I feel DC would be better once tom king,bendis,and scott snyder will be gone from DC.
    I don't like Snyder at all, I have mixed feelings about King and I know little of Bendis's works cause I'm a only DC guy.
    Anyway my hate is not on them, is on Editorial and Didio in this case.

  12. #402
    Incredible Member LP22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I don't like Snyder at all, I have mixed feelings about King and I know little of Bendis's works cause I'm a only DC guy.
    Anyway my hate is not on them, is on Editorial and Didio in this case.
    I don't hate them but I started to dislike DC once those 3 ruined rebirth and the legacy(king with wally and dick)bendis(the superman family) and snyder and his wannabe grant Morrison written titles....

  13. #403
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I am not entirely sure it is all their fault. I mean, I think the decision on who gets to use what character in any given story seems to be made by Editorial nowadays. I think that the best that could ever happen to DC (and Marvel) is for the unparallel rise of creator-owned material.
    Yeah, I think editorial is part of it but I think how the writers execute editorial's demands is also a major factor.

  14. #404
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think editorial is part of it but I think how the writers execute editorial's demands is also a major factor.
    That is certainly true. I am just surprised by the way editorial works, in general. For example, I felt King's depiction of Kyle in Omega Men was off by like, a LOT, and it made sense only after I found out that actually, King wanted to use Starman for the lead role in the miniseries, but was 'suggested' by editorial to use another character. This was never a "Kyle" story from its inception, and thus, I assume you the writer had only a passing interest in the character, hence the out of character vibe.

  15. #405
    Incredible Member LP22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    That is certainly true. I am just surprised by the way editorial works, in general. For example, I felt King's depiction of Kyle in Omega Men was off by like, a LOT, and it made sense only after I found out that actually, King wanted to use Starman for the lead role in the miniseries, but was 'suggested' by editorial to use another character. This was never a "Kyle" story from its inception, and thus, I assume you the writer had only a passing interest in the character, hence the out of character vibe.
    It's important to note that tom king writes many characters out of character examples like batman and mister miracle come to mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •