Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    Kyle, and everyone else in that pic is dead, and these are the ghosts. That's their only appearance.
    Yup. Still interesting that Kyle's so promenent, while Jordan's buried in the crowd (his head's between Huntress and Black Canary). I presume Superman was certainly specified to be at the front, and probably Synder's JL (including John S) were shuffled forward, but I'm curious as to who decided on the rest.

Cyborg is prominently featured too and he's not part of Snyder's JL run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Cyborg is prominently featured too and he's not part of Snyder's JL run.
    He was part of the initial lineup, even if he's largely disappeared. (And even if that wasn't the case, neither was Kyle...)

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    He was part of the initial lineup, even if he's largely disappeared. (And even if that wasn't the case, neither was Kyle...)
    He went on to Justice League Odyssey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He went on to Justice League Odyssey.
    We need a corps book put guy baz and kyle there.

BANNED

I really want to see this in the upcoming Wally book so
    much.

1397215-green_lantern_flash_faster_friends_01_28_29.jpg

BANNED

Such an awesome panel that's rarely talked about.

IMG_20190815_002304.jpg

I can't tell if that's a joke -- that "You will surpass him." panel has been talked about a LOT, unless you're talking about in-universe.

Still, during Kyle's teamup with Hal in "HJ&GLC" Hal essentially voiced that opinion - about how Kyle's the best person with the rings he's ever seen. (or words to that effect)

I think that panel is often seen rather unfavorably, because it represents the same thing they do when they call Hal the greatest GL. There's no need to say one character is better than others to try to make him more relevant. Comparisons between a former and current carrier of a mantle are bound to happen in any scenario like that, but throwing the other character under the bus to try to prop the new guy is a redundant and rather foolish tactic in my opinion. It's an awful form of storytelling that tends to have the opposite effect, because neither Hal or Kyle would ever care about surpassing a predecessor or being the greatest Lantern. If you feel the need to tell the audience that someone is better than the rest, it shows that you probably don't have much faith in that character in the first place.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-14-2019 at 02:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I can't tell if that's a joke -- that "You will surpass him." panel has been talked about a LOT, unless you're talking about in-universe.

Still, during Kyle's teamup with Hal in "HJ&GLC" Hal essentially voiced that opinion - about how Kyle's the best person with the rings he's ever seen. (or words to that effect)
    Really? since I signed in 2015 I've never seen any Kyle fan talk about this panel,and hal kyle dynamic is always great and it was my favourite part from the hjatglc book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Really? since I signed in 2015 I've never seen any Kyle fan talk about this panel,and hal kyle dynamic is always great and it was my favourite part from the hjatglc book.
    I guess it is because most Kyle fans nowadays barely talk about Kyle. I mean... there is not much to say, really.

I think that, at the time, it was nice to contrast Kyle to Hal, and I read those panels not as indicating that Kyle was better than Hal (or the greatest GL for that matter), but rather, that Kyle had already experienced things Hal never did (i.e. failure, and the death of Alex).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I guess it is because most Kyle fans nowadays barely talk about Kyle. I mean... there is not much to say, really.

I think that, at the time, it was nice to contrast Kyle to Hal, and I read those panels not as indicating that Kyle was better than Hal (or the greatest GL for that matter), but rather, that Kyle had already experienced things Hal never did (i.e. failure, and the death of Alex).
    I don't know ever since he turned back to green I think more people talk about him,now the only thing that needs to happen is DC using him outside of their comics like crossover comics,tv,video games and even dare I dream movies.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

It's weird to see someone say Hal has fear when.he's known.as the man.without fear. But in context of the whole Emerald Dawn and Paralax era it makes sense.

Though I think that Hal is the greatest GL as he personifies all the ideals and mytholigies of the GLC concept, Kyle has his own advantages and strengths. Hal Jordan and TGLC showed us this very well.with all the different GL's.

Kyle is great and his stories were cool but his era kind of lost the whole intergalactic police force, overcoming fear, willpower and other essential Green Lantern concepts.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    It's weird to see someone say Hal has fear when.he's known.as the man.without fear. But in context of the whole Emerald Dawn and Paralax era it makes sense.

Though I think that Hal is the greatest GL as he personifies all the ideals and mytholigies of the GLC concept, Kyle has his own advantages and strengths. Hal Jordan and TGLC showed us this very well.with all the different GL's.

Kyle is great and his stories were cool but his era kind of lost the whole intergalactic police force, overcoming fear, willpower and other essential Green Lantern concepts.
    If it's up to after Morrison takes a break from writing hal I really want a Kyle and Hal book the dynamic between them is my favourite between all the earth Lanterns and it comes to me at least the most natural relationship in the Lantern books.

Incredible Member

Kyle has a cameo in this week's Justice League book.

0KnLtnO.jpg