Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

So Kyle's joining Guy and Simon in limbo then...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I believe DC will spread them out or even make a new corps book

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I believe DC will spread them out or even make a new corps book
    I need this, GLC has always been a great read.

There's a bunch of great characters related to Kyle that are without a book now as Donna, Guy, Soranik, Sinestro, Kilowog and others that need to be brought back again as Connor Hawke and Jade.

BANNED

I need this, GLC has always been a great read.

There's a bunch of great characters related to Kyle that are without a book now as Donna, Guy, Soranik, Sinestro, Kilowog and others that need to be brought back again as Connor Hawke and Jade.
    Kilowog is in Hal's book,Sinestro is in JLA I don't know where Donna will go from here but I'll love sora and Kyle back together!

I would imagine that when Titans gets relaunched, Donna will be there. No way is that book staying gone for long.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I would imagine that when Titans gets relaunched, Donna will be there. No way is that book staying gone for long.
    I'm sure Kyle would be in a lineup. He still have a fanbase. I don't see DC putting him in the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm sure Kyle would be in a lineup. He still have a fanbase. I don't see DC putting him in the shelves.
    To be fair, Wally has a fanbase too, bigger than Kyle's I'm sure, and that doesn't seem to be working out so well for him. Though, I guess, technically he hasn't necessarily been put on the shelf per se...

I'm okay with Kyle being in limbo for a bit if the alternative could be worse.

I do wonder if the JL annual will bring up Kyle having gone beyond the source wall or Synder in his interview with Comicstorian was referring to something else when he mentions Kyle's experience with the source wall plays a big role next [this] year.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    To be fair, Wally has a fanbase too, bigger than Kyle's I'm sure, and that doesn't seem to be working out so well for him. Though, I guess, technically he hasn't necessarily been put on the shelf per se...

I'm okay with Kyle being in limbo for a bit if the alternative could be worse.

I do wonder if the JL annual will bring up Kyle having gone beyond the source wall or Synder in his interview with Comicstorian was referring to something else when he mentions Kyle's experience with the source wall plays a big role next [this] year.
    But Kyle is not a legacy hero and is not a "threat " according to Didio so he's safer than Wally.

Kyle has never gotten screwed over or even thrown.into limbo even when Hal came back and became the head of the GL franchise again.

He's always had a decent showing the last few decades so I wouldnt worry.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    But Kyle is not a legacy hero and is not a "threat " according to Didio so he's safer than Wally.

Kyle has never gotten screwed over or even thrown.into limbo even when Hal came back and became the head of the GL franchise again.

He's always had a decent showing the last few decades so I wouldnt worry.
    I am legitimately confused. Kyle is not a legacy hero? Is that different than legacy character?

I'm sure there are some fans out there who have some grievances about what's happened with Kyle since Hal came back, but yes, certainly nothing like what's happened/happening to Wally.

True enough, but without a GLC-like title, I'm not sure where him, Guy, and Simon could go now.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    We NEED a GL title with Guy Gardner & Kyle Rayner as partners.
    GL Corps: Recharge was BRILLIANT, but the dynamic was tossed aside when the monthly started.
    With the right writer, they bounce off one another really well. Gibbons & Johns proved this (SMASHED IT!) as did Judd Winick and Beau Smith.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

I would love a Kyle led Green lantern corps book with guy or Baz maybe even a solo serious

611Nrd1u5NL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

BANNED

I heard the new tpb prints of his old run canceled after vol. 2... :/ this really doesn't give me any hope to see a Kyle book... :/ He's back to a costume closer to his orginal costume at least... I like that. I hope DC will give him solo or use him as the main character in a Corps book.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I am legitimately confused. Kyle is not a legacy hero? Is that different than legacy character?

I'm sure there are some fans out there who have some grievances about what's happened with Kyle since Hal came back, but yes, certainly nothing like what's happened/happening to Wally.

True enough, but without a GLC-like title, I'm not sure where him, Guy, and Simon could go now.
    The difference between Kyle and Wally is, even though they're both have the same powers as their predecessors, Green Lanterns are a Corps and so they don't really eat each other for attention. Those that DC aren't currently pushed can just be in the background for a while as part of the army until they decide to give them attention again. Not a main character, but also doesn't directly attract attention away from the main character of DC's choosing.

The Flash, the Bat, the Arrows, meanwhile, have identities that can be donned by multiple people but belong to a single person definitively. Batman is Bruce Wayne. Green Arrow is Oliver Queen. So if someone try to replace them, they original is immediately brought back and the replacement is sent off to the side. If the replacement is popular enough and has their own identity like Dick, he'll survive. If they're Connor Hawke, he's gone.

The Flash belongs to both Wally and Barry because they represent a different era, so right now it depends on what DC prefer to represent the brand of The Flash, and right now it's Barry. Wally's only back in Rebirth because of a strong following in and outside of DC's office, but DC, whoever in charge, wasn't interested in bringing him back. They want Barry as The Flash and don't know what to do with Wally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The difference between Kyle and Wally is, even though they're both have the same powers as their predecessors, Green Lanterns are a Corps and so they don't really eat each other for attention. Those that DC aren't currently pushed can just be in the background for a while as part of the army until they decide to give them attention again. Not a main character, but also doesn't directly attract attention away from the main character of DC's choosing.

The Flash, the Bat, the Arrows, meanwhile, have identities that can be donned by multiple people but belong to a single person definitively. Batman is Bruce Wayne. Green Arrow is Oliver Queen. So if someone try to replace them, they original is immediately brought back and the replacement is sent off to the side. If the replacement is popular enough and has their own identity like Dick, he'll survive. If they're Connor Hawke, he's gone.

The Flash belongs to both Wally and Barry because they represent a different era, so right now it depends on what DC prefer to represent the brand of The Flash, and right now it's Barry. Wally's only back in Rebirth because of a strong following in and outside of DC's office, but DC, whoever in charge, wasn't interested in bringing him back. They want Barry as The Flash and don't know what to do with Wally.

Big Dan D probably likes kyle not so sure about Dick and Wally...

Incredible Member

I’ve been out of the DC/and GL loop since Rebirth started... is Kyle a GL still, or is he still rocking the mantle of the White Lantern?