Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Press F for Gleason.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

really enjoy Oscar work in Mr and Mrs X and he's doing great here

Oh look, it's the street Defenders! Remember when they were a thing ?

The art is..okay.

The art isn't as bad as I thought it would be, which is good.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, Doom continuosly keeps proving that, besides being one of the most intelligent men on Earth, he's also one of the biggest idiots too.

How can he expect a whole city answer by a murder attempt against him when most of its citizens only deal with their own lives? Besides, considering how powerful Doom is for himself, he should know there's a really few individuals on Earth capable to attack him like that. And besides, Doom has made a lot of powerful enemies because of his actions, like Mephisto. He should consider that one of them caused this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Honestly, Doom continuosly keeps proving that, besides being one of the most intelligent men on Earth, he's also one of the biggest idiots too.

How can he expect a whole city answer by a murder attempt against him when most of its citizens only deal with their own lives? Besides, considering how powerful Doom is for himself, he should know there's a really few individuals on Earth capable to attack him like that. And besides, Doom has made a lot of powerful enemies because of his actions, like Mephisto. He should consider that one of them caused this.
    You can not deny that his plan is working, They will bringht the responsable before him

He has several enemies, besides that it is a warning to the next one who tries to kill him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    You can not deny that his plan is working, They will bringht the responsable before him
    Spider-Man and his sister could do it because they were close to the place, but if they hadn't, he was just causing people to be scared for nothing, because nobody knows nothing.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I remember when Doom was a real threat and just saying his name was an oh sh!t moment. This just seems like a poor use of the character. Phil Urich Hobgoblin was scarier LOL

iMan 42s

The only thing that bugs me about this is that this is somehow connected to what's going on in 2099 and by extension the Symkarian border dispute, I just don't see it. The Clairvoyant would be enough for Doom to be involved since Reed made the bridge and it's not like he shares it. So somebody less defensible than him who unknowingly hangs out with Spider-man whose said to be inexperienced with it would be enough conflict. His usage causes an incident in the future begs the question if something so powerful should be in the hands of Doom, or if Spider-man should let that alternate 2099 occur.

Yet we still have no idea what's going on. Just that the future sucks, Doom gets "assassinated" and gets pissy about it, a guy makes his version of the Bridge device and apparently there could be some ripple effect to its usage. On top of that this is predicated on a dispute between Latveria and Symkaria that can't really go anywhere given the events in Doom's own book that means that this is unresolved by the events of Doctor Doom #1. There's just too much going on that while not unable to be followed just makes it unfocused unless they just dump the explanation towards the end. I'm not convinced this isn't written for the trade.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Yeah, I'm now just waiting for this storyline to end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Yeah, I'm now just waiting for this storyline to end.
    Same and I really looked forward to this storyline when the solicits came out. Worst arc in Spencer's time on the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Same and I really looked forward to this storyline when the solicits came out. Worst arc in Spencer's time on the book.
    I think it's easily his weakest arc. At the same time, there's been enough cool, fun bits in every issue to keep me entertained.

But it definitely feels like the book has been almost put on hold while this is going on with the on-going ASM story threads that were most interesting being on stand-by until its over.

It doesn't help that there's a lot going on in this arc - the 2099 stuff, the Clairvoyant stuff, the Chameleon, Doom, the Symkarian border dispute - that hasn't been fully connected yet. Maybe once it's all done, things will click nicely with an "a-ha" moment and the arc will read better when the conclusion is in place.

BANNED

Have people here read Spencer's 2099 Alpha One-Shot? Because that's really good.

I look forward to any Spidey-Doom showdown. Doom and Spider-Man are characters who have this connection to each other.
    -- Doom is the first rogue Spider-Man fought out of his Rogues Gallery.
    -- Spider-Man is the first non-FF hero Doom fought.

So in a way both characters helped each other in making Spider-Man a major Marvel-wide character and in making Doom the definitive Marvel-wide villain.

In general, writers who write Spider-Man well tend to also write Doom well. Gerry Conway before he wrote ASM, wrote those Doom one-shots in Tales to Astonish, including the famous one where we get the origin of Doom's mother and Doom trying every year to rescue her. Then Roger Stern wrote Triumph and Torment, all-time great Doom story, and David Michelinie wrote Emperor Doom, which is not far behind T&T.

I for one liked the previous issue, and I think this preview is shaping up well.