Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Endgame was another awesome portrayal. I believe this elevates Thanos up their with darth vader as far as pop culture awareness.

Currently reading “Infinity wars”, his brief appearance was not in his normal character. Thumbs down.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I just read Thanos #1. I wasn't all that impressed, Thanks didn't seem at all himself, but at least there was an attempt made to explain that in the book.

I'm mostly curious about the retcon to Gamora's origin. She used to be from about 20 years in the future where her race had all been killed by the Universal Church of Truth. Thanos rescued her as a child and trained her to kill the Magus, which she would be able to do because he couldn't sense her, being that she was an anomaly in this timeline.

Now it appears similar, but the time travel aspect has been removed and Thanos had more of a role in the elimination of her race. I guess I can see why it would be simplified, but I am sure there will be no explanation forthcoming.
    Obviously changed to better match the mcu

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I just read Thanos #1. I wasn't all that impressed, Thanks didn't seem at all himself, but at least there was an attempt made to explain that in the book.

I'm mostly curious about the retcon to Gamora's origin. She used to be from about 20 years in the future where her race had all been killed by the Universal Church of Truth. Thanos rescued her as a child and trained her to kill the Magus, which she would be able to do because he couldn't sense her, being that she was an anomaly in this timeline.

Now it appears similar, but the time travel aspect has been removed and Thanos had more of a role in the elimination of her race. I guess I can see why it would be simplified, but I am sure there will be no explanation forthcoming.
    I knew they were going to mess up Gamora origins and Thanos' character somehow.

#NoonecanwriteThanosbutStarlin #NotmyThanos

Spoiler from the new GOTG comic.

Thanos needs a long break. I'm tired of seeing him as a jumping Thuggish Edgelord that relies too much on brute force. To say nothing of the speech pattern. And what's with the new goth tinged armor? No one can write Thanos but Jim Starlin.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Spoiler from the new GOTG comic.

Thanos needs a long break. I'm tired of seeing him as a jumping Thuggish Edgelord that relies too much on brute force. To say nothing of the speech pattern. And what's with the new goth tinged armor? No one can write Thanos but Jim Starlin.
    Though I agree Thanos needs a break, they're not and they shouldn't give him a break while his movie is out. They're obviously going to jump on that while they can.

He's been on break for over nine months.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He's been on break for over nine months.

That's from the nineties Blood & Thunder storyline right?

The artwork on Thor Is pretty bad, he looks like Yujiro Hanma. Although the dialogue reminded me how i would have liked MCU Thor to have the Shakespeare Speak.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 05-19-2019 at 03:10 AM.

That's from the nineties Blood & Thunder storyline right?

The artwork on Thor Is pretty bad. Although the dialogue reminded me how i would have liked MCU Thor to have the Shakespeare Speak.
    Agree with you on the dialogue. Writers back then knew how to do their own spin on the Shakespearean jibba-jabba.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agree with you on the dialogue. Writers back then knew how to do their own spin on the Shakespearean jibba-jabba.
    That's my issue with the MCU version of Thor. He's not a wise knight in shining armor who talks like Shakespeare and can put Iron Man in his Place, rather he comes across as a goofy frat boy who gets involved in slapstick humor.

That's my issue with the MCU version of Thor. He's not a wise knight in shining armor who talks like Shakespeare and can put Iron Man in his Place, rather he comes across as a goofy frat boy who gets involved in slapstick humor.
    Wow. That sounds suspiciously like how Marvel portrays Hercules.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Wow. That sounds suspiciously like how Marvel portrays Hercules.
    Or Eric Masterson.

Or Eric Masterson.
    You are correct. Eric was a bit more respectful towards women than good ol' Herc.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I am really interested in what is happening in the current mini-series. Comics I am most looking forward to picking up new issues of right now are in this order:

Guardians of the Galaxy
    Venom
    Thanos
    Immortal Hulk
    Symbiote Spiderman
    Captain Marvel
    Baby Thanos

I find it underwhelming that Thanos is being put back into his own body. Having him be stuck in Starfox for a while would have been interesting, but as is it just seems like this is a very convoluted way to bring things right back where they were before.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I find it underwhelming that Thanos is being put back into his own body. Having him be stuck in Starfox for a while would have been interesting, but as is it just seems like this is a very convoluted way to bring things right back where they were before.
    Yeah I mistakenly thought he would just stay in the person's body since his own head was detached.

But people who are new to the comics coming from the MCU probably would have been really confused by Thanos being someone else so I guess they couldn't really do that.
    Baby Thanos