Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman characters in Young Justice (TV) spoiler thread

The show's out, it has Superman related characters, so I figured we should have a thread to talk about it all as it relates to them.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Only watched the first episode, but spoilers:
    Superboy proposing to ms. martian made me really happy.
    end of spoilers

Should be noted that Steel is on the show now, and he looks pretty good, but has no lines. Conner takes a really big step as a person, shows how good of a metahuman fighter he is, expresses some real concern and understanding of New God tech (I'd be shocked if he didn't end up with a Mother Box this season), and takes part in Dick's secret mission.

Clark is off in space, and given Conner's feelings of increased responsibility, and the inclusion of Steel, I'm guessing that this is the show's version of Death of Superman. Superboy and Steel acting as replacement Supermen in the city and on the League while Clark is away. Subtle, but cool.

Outside of seeing his big personal moment through or not, it's hard to detect much upcoming story for Conner. But they'll get a fair bit of mileage out of that personal moment, and it can grow into a number of things.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Should be noted that Steel is on the show now, and he looks pretty good, but has no lines. Conner takes a really big step as a person, shows how good of a metahuman fighter he is, expresses some real concern and understanding of New God tech (I'd be shocked if he didn't end up with a Mother Box this season), and takes part in Dick's secret mission.

Clark is off in space, and given Conner's feelings of increased responsibility, and the inclusion of Steel, I'm guessing that this is the show's version of Death of Superman. Superboy and Steel acting as replacement Supermen in the city and on the League while Clark is away. Subtle, but cool.

Outside of seeing his big personal moment through or not, it's hard to detect much upcoming story for Conner. But they'll get a fair bit of mileage out of that personal moment, and it can grow into a number of things.
    That's a really good catch actually, I love how the subtlety do these things, same way they made note of jason todd in season 2.

Is the entire season available to watch at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That's a really good catch actually, I love how the subtlety do these things, same way they made note of jason todd in season 2.
    If nothing else, this creative crew make their bread and butter off this sort of clever world building.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Is the entire season available to watch at this point?
    Nope. 3 episodes a week. Not a bad deal given there's 26 in this season.

One other thing I'll say is I really like the costume design Superman had at the start, reminds me of the reborn design.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Same here, I'm so happy the writers didn't decide to go in a different direction with these characters.
    end of spoilers
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Nope. 3 episodes a week. Not a bad deal given there's 26 in this season.
    We're only getting 13 this go round though, 3 weeks of 3 episodes then, 4 on the last week. Then a break until June I think for the back half of the season.

One other thing I'll say is I really like the costume design Superman had at the start, reminds me of the reborn design.
    Not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed. Feels like a stiffer design in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    We're only getting 13 this go round though, 3 weeks of 3 episodes then, 4 on the last week. Then a break until June I think for the back half of the season.
    Oh, that makes sense.

You mean there's going to be a break in between airing episodes of Young Justice? I am shocked...

Though I shouldn't get in the habit of explaining my jokes (or telling jokes that need explanations):

- There was a 2-month gap between S1.E2 and S1.E3
    - There was a 6-month gap between S1.E9 and S1.E10
    - There was a 4-month gap between S1.E18 and S1.E19
    - To be fair, there was no gap between S1.E26 and S2.E1, but all in all it took about 17 months to air one season, and then...
    - There was a 3-month gap between S2.E7 and S2.E8
    - There was a 3-month gap between S2.E9 and S2.E10, a particularly annoying one because nobody knew the show was put on hiatus that morning

I guess I'm not over the fact that CN was horrendous at airing DC shows not named "Teen Titans."

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    You mean there's going to be a break in between airing episodes of Young Justice? I am shocked...

Though I shouldn't get in the habit of explaining my jokes (or telling jokes that need explanations):

- There was a 2-month gap between S1.E2 and S1.E3
    - There was a 6-month gap between S1.E9 and S1.E10
    - There was a 4-month gap between S1.E18 and S1.E19
    - To be fair, there was no gap between S1.E26 and S2.E1, but all in all it took about 17 months to air one season, and then...
    - There was a 3-month gap between S2.E7 and S2.E8
    - There was a 3-month gap between S2.E9 and S2.E10, a particularly annoying one because nobody knew the show was put on hiatus that morning

I guess I'm not over the fact that CN was horrendous at airing DC shows not named "Teen Titans."
    Wow. I didn't realize that was an issue the original go round. I picked up the series on iTunes well after it aired, guess I "waited for the trade."

Wow. I didn't realize that was an issue the original go round. I picked up the series on iTunes well after it aired, guess I "waited for the trade."
    Yeah CN really screwed the show over.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Kon93

Totally snuck Steel in to the show,and thank u so very much for that,I smiled so big when I saw him.he looks like a big tough son of a bitch to,i cant wait till screenshots get thrown around of him.

Bilbos place is a safe space lol.

Superman is on the space saving part of the JL team,and his new suit would be ok,if it wasnt for that terrible belt.

SB,yes SB had more growth than he did from season 1 to 2,better humanity,better teacher,better fighter,better hero.i was pretty impressed with him,and if they didn't sneak tar in and out while we couldn't see in that scene,than I think he will bond with a mother box and evolve that way.course now that he popped the question something HAS TO go wrong,right?

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Probably going to be a long engagement period depending on how long Superboy is stuck with Dick's group now...
    end of spoilers
    I liked Superboy cleaning Baron Bedlam's clock.

It just goes to show the difference between experience and training when it comes to people with similar powersets.
    I think Steel is probably the new public Superhero in Metropolis.

I don't think Superboy is still all that public of a hero yet, which might be why he feels he could do more.
    I'm figuring it's going to be his post-Reign costume in the animated movies.