Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Fill me in. What's he done so far, and how much power over what will he have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So much hate. I like him
    I mean-- outside feelings on the books or whatever, he's a really cool guy and I'm happy on him. And even regarding books, his editorial history has more hits for me than misses, so even if the X-Line gets hit by a meteor that sends it flying into the core of the sun where it will proceed to get spaghettified by a black hole, I'll still always be fond of him in a way I'm not towards say, Panic.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Fill me in. What's he done so far, and how much power over what will he have now?
    Uncanny and the current X books. The material greenlit since he took over started in Oct or Nov

Why not? He's been doing such a great job with the X-books...

I don't share many of his opinions, but i so far what he has green lit doesn't bother me, although it hasn't impressed me either
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't share his opinions on many things but he seems to be a good person and a fan. Good for him.

Wet fart noises.

BANNED

Uncanny and the current X books. The material greenlit since he took over started in Oct or Nov
    He was also an assistant editor during one of the last better periods (Regenesis/Marvel Now).

So much hate. I like him
    I do too. I get that it can be frustrating to see characters regress back to villains after being heroes and anti-heroes. However, one of the biggest problems with the X-Men line has been a lack of compelling villains. It's led to endless internecine squabbles, and minor villains getting too much shine. You need to have some big names back in their ranks for the overall health of the books.

BANNED

X-Men comics may never be good again, hope my favorite characters escape the franchise somehow

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I do too. I get that it can be frustrating to see characters regress back to villains after being heroes and anti-heroes. However, one of the biggest problems with the X-Men line has been a lack of compelling villains. It's led to endless internecine squabbles, and minor villains getting too much shine. You need to have some big names back in their ranks for the overall health of the books.
    I don't buy that reasoning. It screams of them not being able to write compelling original villains, so they just hijack years of development for a former one and shove that square peg into the round hole, with a sledgehammer if needed.

At this point their villains should be former heroes that have tiptoed to the dark side or there is nothing going on with them. They could also recreate forgotten villains for the x-line and instead of killin them off every single time they should develop them and keep a constant relationship with the heroes. That is my two cents of course. Ideas can be arranged.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

There's plenty of good villains to set up a Hellfire Club without Emma (Shaw!) and plenty of good villains to set up a Brotherhood without Magneto (Mystique!).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Seriously why all the hate? He is responsible for ending the colored x titles like gold,blue,etc and also got rid of the 05 and made Uncanny the main book agai. is this not what we all asked for?

BANNED

So, he has more power than he already had over the franchise? I don't get how much this changes things. At least it reflects the franchise itself, we just had Nate getting a power-up that felt redundant and now White is going through the same.