Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

The only good recent face-heel in the X-Books is Magneto because he barely "reformed" anyway, so his new trajectory wasn't that drastic of a change, it was a long arc filled with character stuff, and he's the franchise's best antagonist, so there's a stronger reason to put him back. The problems with it are general recent X-Office problems like him deciding to make his big return to the main stage in purple underpants and that his new Brotherhood will be ignored to the point that they might as well have not printed that page.

Otherwise, the X-Men's bad rogues gallery problem needs to be solved by doing new things, not trying to recreate 1991.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

He's done a good job, tbh. Congratulations to him.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Seriously why all the hate? He is responsible for ending the colored x titles like gold,blue,etc and also got rid of the 05 and made Uncanny the main book agai. is this not what we all asked for?
    I wanted the ResureXXXTentacion era to end, I didn't want it to end and then get another era with all of the problems ResureXXXTentacion had, some of them being worse now.

And White didn't do any of those things, Panic did. His last radioactive bombing of X-Land before he left.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Uncanny and the current X books. The material greenlit since he took over started in Oct or Nov
    He's also in charge of GOTG and Moon Girl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Very pleased by this news! Congratulations to Jordan White. This is well deserved, and good for the X-Men and good for Marvel. JDW is a very talented editor. And no, I don't like all the X-Office decisions of the last 9 months, and I could list a dozen things that I'm annoyed by, but that has nothing to do with Mr. White's talent as an editor and how well he shepherds the X-Men books. Some X-fans are happy with what happens to certain characters, or who the writers and artists are, others don't like how things are going with their fave characters. Perfectly normal for the X-Books and X-Men fans. JDW is doing a good job--which includes leadership of a team of assistant, associate editors, interns, etc.--and now he has a more substantial voice at the table when publishing is discussing those big-picture decisions, which is a good thing for fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    At this point their villains should be former heroes that have tiptoed to the dark side or there is nothing going on with them. They could also recreate forgotten villains for the x-line and instead of killin them off every single time they should develop them and keep a constant relationship with the heroes. That is my two cents of course. Ideas can be arranged.
    I'd buy every X-Book published if Marvel did this. This is so up my alley. However, I can understand how a lot of fans would hate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There's plenty of good villains to set up a Hellfire Club without Emma (Shaw!) and plenty of good villains to set up a Brotherhood without Magneto (Mystique!).
    Yes. I agree. As I've posted many times. While some nostalgia can be good, destroying 20 years and 15 years of character development of Emma and Magneto respecitively is more regression and surrender to hard-line reactionaries, than nostalgia.

He's fine. I'm just annoyed he hasn't approved/greenlit/or taken any pitches for a Psylocke mini. That should have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    At this point their villains should be former heroes that have tiptoed to the dark side or there is nothing going on with them. They could also recreate forgotten villains for the x-line and instead of killin them off every single time they should develop them and keep a constant relationship with the heroes. That is my two cents of course. Ideas can be arranged.
    Im down with this, I love the idea of recreating obscure or even joke villains and making them a threat.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Im down with this, I love the idea of recreating obscure or even joke villains and making them a threat.
    They're too busy going in the opposite direction to do that. If they want threatening villains, they could try not watering down the ones they had. May be my bias as a fan. But Creed is the #1 example for a dangerous villain they made into Wile-E-Coyote.

Early Creed.

Current Creed
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-04-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I don't buy that reasoning. It screams of them not being able to write compelling original villains, so they just hijack years of development for a former one and shove that square peg into the round hole, with a sledgehammer if needed.
    Pretty much.

But good for him. Yayyy pay raise!

Well, either the X-books rise with him in prominence, or he uses the clout within the organization to escape their suckitude and go do something else he prefers. Time will tell.

He's a nice guy. Good for him!
    Last edited by Cyke is Slim; 01-05-2019 at 12:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    He is responsible for ending the colored x titles like gold,blue
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement, there.

Anyway, say buh-bye to ALL your healthy relationships, Marvel. Nothing but toxicity and forced drama from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement, there.

Anyway, say buh-bye to ALL your healthy relationships, Marvel. Nothing but toxicity and forced drama from now on!
    I don't think it matters at this point who's at the helm

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    He's fine. I'm just annoyed he hasn't approved/greenlit/or taken any pitches for a Psylocke mini. That should have happened.
    Well, we don't know what's coming down the pike post-AoXM. And he did "like" a couple of tweets asking for more character-focused minis, so I guess we'll see what happens.