Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement, there.

Anyway, say buh-bye to ALL your healthy relationships, Marvel. Nothing but toxicity and forced drama from now on!
    What healthy relationships were the X books pushing before he took over? Rachel and Kurt? Kitty and Collosus?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What healthy relationships were the X books pushing before he took over? Rachel and Kurt? Kitty and Collosus?
    Well Rogue x Gambit has started off on the mushy, love-dovey side. But I am sure it'll devolve into tension, drama, and someone cheating around 2020.

And any relationship we have will probably be the same. Whatever pairings we get this year most likely won't be good. Prepare for the Deadpool x Shiklah kind of romance -which JDW praises because of how messed up & immature it is.

BANNED

Anyway, say buh-bye to ALL your healthy relationships, Marvel. Nothing but toxicity and forced drama from now on!
    you talk about a company that since 2006 almost every event book is about heros fighting themselves...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well Rogue x Gambit has started off on the mushy, love-dovey side. But I am sure it'll devolve into tension, drama, and someone cheating around 2020.

And any relationship we have will probably be the same. Whatever pairings we get this year most likely won't be good. Prepare for the Deadpool x Shiklah kind of romance -which JDW praises because of how messed up & immature it is.
    You're so right. Sadly

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    You're so right. Sadly
    I'm always right about this type of thing. lol Sadly all my optimistic thoughts usually stay headcanons, whereas the negative thoughts get the confirmation.

With White at the helm, and already having regressed Sabretooth, I can say hello to him x Mystique again. the one retcon nobody seems to wanna let go of. I hate Scott Lobdell for this.

Rogue x Gambit is on a timer. The toxicity is coming. Just a matter of when.
    Sabretooth x Mystique is coming. Just a matter of when.
    Any pairing, the toxicity will be coming. Just a matter of when.

We haven't seen Jubilee x Chamber's relationship yet. But with White around, that may be for the best. lol Otherwse, that's heading the same way.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-05-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

You just summed up my thoughts on the matter. Oh well, I guess it was bound to happen eventually
    Make Good Art

oh well, better for me not being too much into shipping.

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...90438409179138

Alright, which one of you hexed the poor man?!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    oh well, better for me not being too much into shipping.
    Lucky you. It usually doesn't end well, depending on your taste. Throughout fiction, there's only been a handful of things I excitedly shipped. And 99% of them tend to get ruined and replaced with ships that make me wanna vomit.

Non-Marvel Example, Buffy x Angel. The latter got his own show, they got thrown to Spike or Cordelia respectively, and the Bangel ship was crapped on ever since.

I am cool with Creed x Monet not happening. It's been 3 years & legit pairings don't take longer than 1 to happen. Least from what I have seen. I'm just annoyed that it was left with no closure in two books and Creed getting back with Mystique. Even Spuffy is better than that. lol

Deadpool x Rogue as written by Duggan was fun & interesting. Loved the pairing. But it wasn't meant to be. Duggan gave a nice closing chapter to it that made me happy.

The annoying part is the decent to good ships never get much focus, or they get sunk at the harbor. Meanwhile, the ships that bring out the worst in your favorite gets years of focus. Even ships that start of stable devolve into toxicity for attempt as drama, and it does nothing but ruin everyone involved.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-05-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Well, we don't know what's coming down the pike post-AoXM. And he did "like" a couple of tweets asking for more character-focused minis, so I guess we'll see what happens.

If the huge crossover after AoXM with Liefeld is true, then I have no more hopes. An AU a crossover and Liefeld just doesn't seem like a good editoring to me.

Emma was right

I miss you, Bendis.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I hope this promotion means I get to see less of his tweets on CBR. God damn.

While he does have the worst opinions on the X-Men, taste in characters, and attitude on X-students, he does seem to be helping add a new wave of creative sparks to the X-Universe. Not to mention, there’s finally connectivity between minis and series again, which we really weren’t getting since Bendis’ run ended.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Not to mention, there’s finally connectivity between minis and series again, which we really weren’t getting since Bendis’ run ended.
    And yet Magneto, Blob, and Omega Red are Horsemen without ANY build-up, or explanation as to how they fell under Nate's control. They just pop up like that without any development. So far there's no indication Tamaki's X-23 is going to be affected by AoXM, and there was no connection between her appearances there and in XMR. Domino's ongoing hasn't tied into Weapon X, or her appearances in Extermination.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And yet Magneto, Blob, and Omega Red are Horsemen without ANY build-up, or explanation as to how they fell under Nate's control. They just pop up like that without any development. So far there's no indication Tamaki's X-23 is going to be affected by AoXM, and there was no connection between her appearances there and in XMR. Domino's ongoing hasn't tied into Weapon X, or her appearances in Extermination.
    The closest thing for the bold is that she's still shagging Warpath in that series. lol But yeah, that's her only connection with it.

Weapon X hasn't been cohesive with anything though. Pak even said the book fell under the radar, and that's why they could get as wacky as they did with it.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-05-2019 at 05:33 PM.