Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How bad is this Xavier Files guy?
    Not nearly as bad as presented here.

But he hates CBR and this board!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    While he does have the worst opinions on the X-Men, taste in characters, and attitude on X-students, he does seem to be helping add a new wave of creative sparks to the X-Universe. Not to mention, there’s finally connectivity between minis and series again, which we really weren’t getting since Bendis’ run ended.
    For the sake of fairness, it's mostly connectivity between Rosenberg and Rosenberg... Which makes the Bendis analogy totally relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How bad is this Xavier Files guy?
    He is a cool guy, really.

I just used the Twitter search to see what he thinks of CBR and it's just kinda lazy generalizations where he tries to present the board as some kind of negative meanie place where people universally agree on meaniness even though no one universally agrees on anything here, but then I also found this tweet--

https://twitter.com/XavierFiles/stat...55280330727429

I don't understand this tweet. Is the implication that there's something wrong or offensive about the post? Is the implication that it's not dead accurate?

comics twitter was a mistake yo
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    seriously how can someone supposedly love X-Men but hate X-Men so much, fuck that dude .
    You can ask these boards the same question tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    You can ask these boards the same question tbh...
    The difference here is that people here love the characters, they just hate seeing them dragged through the mud and kicked around by the X-Office, who couldn't care less.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    (Also the person with the worst opinions is Xavier Files)
    Yeah that guys is a dick and he is ugly too

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The difference here is that people here love the characters, they just hate seeing them dragged through the mud and kicked around by the X-Office, who couldn't care less.
    Agreed. Many love what the characters started as, and would love genuine development that required effort & actually stuck. Instead we get a handful of pet characters with everyone is as their faithful sidekicks, and they get dragged around, go through a gimmick phase, then reset to whatever the status quo of the decade is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zthe27th View Post
    Hey there Xavier Files. For someone who hates this place, you do stop by a lot for your Twitter screenshots and snide comments.

I know, I know, we're a bunch of mean people who don't just sit back and bray like cattle whenever the X-office makes a new event with zero originality. It's almost like comics cost money or something, and we don't like having our favorite characters butchered in stuff we pay for. Crazy, right?

wuh-oh, Scoobs. Looks like we just started a Twitter/CBR war.

CIVIL WAR: OPENING SHOT ALPHA #0 PRELUDE

Call your retailers and pre-order!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

All-New Member

Hey there Xavier Files. For someone who hates this place, you do stop by a lot for your Twitter screenshots and snide comments.

I know, I know, we're a bunch of mean people who don't just sit back and bray like cattle whenever the X-office makes a new event with zero originality. It's almost like comics cost money or something, and we don't like having our favorite characters butchered in stuff we pay for. Crazy, right?
    Look, I don't know you. I haven't even glanced at these boards in a couple months. I was just curious on how different groups were feeling about the current X-books because that's what I do when I am board at work. I walked into a thread and found a bunch of people saying I have "the worst opinions" or that they read my Twitter feed because they hate themselves or that I "hate X-Men" or saying "fuck that dude" directed at me or worst of all, calling me a "Wolverine fan". So based on being blindsided by that, yeah I'm feeling a little snippy.

I'm just a dude who loves X-Men and isn't a fan of negativity. No weird conspiracy or secret agenda here. I run a website over my lunchbreak and a podcast in the evenings. I try and highlight cool things the X-Men fan community is doing. I promote the creators whose work I enjoy. If I have any negative feeling about the CBR boards it is because I do all that stuff and get a bunch of people here telling me to fuck off. I just honestly don't understand all the hate. Why not focus that energy on liking things?

Look, I don't know you. I haven't even glanced at these boards in a couple months. I was just curious on how different groups were feeling about the current X-books because that's what I do when I am board at work. I walked into a thread and found a bunch of people saying I have "the worst opinions" or that they read my Twitter feed because they hate themselves or that I "hate X-Men" or saying "fuck that dude" directed at me or worst of all, calling me a "Wolverine fan". So based on being blindsided by that, yeah I'm feeling a little snippy.

I'm just a dude who loves X-Men and isn't a fan of negativity. No weird conspiracy or secret agenda here. I run a website over my lunchbreak and a podcast in the evenings. I try and highlight cool things the X-Men fan community is doing. I promote the creators whose work I enjoy. If I have any negative feeling about the CBR boards it is because I do all that stuff and get a bunch of people here telling me to fuck off. I just honestly don't understand all the hate. Why not focus that energy on liking things?
    There has to be things to like. lol When there isn't any, hate or annoyance is all you have. Some read the books in hopes of getting something good, despite the fact it may be futile. And sadly, while waiting on something to like, you have to read through the stuff you hate. And there comes all the venting, ranting, or negativity.

Well, thanks for stopping by to explain your position. I can't speak for everyone here, and I have no doubt some of the hate being slung your way comes from misunderstandings.

The reason this place has such a negative reputation is because we are all die-hard fans here. The recent decisions by the X-office have been questionable, and severely lack transparency. Rachel fans had to endure their favorite being a sex slave to her worst enemy. Kitty fans had to endure all of Gold.

The majority of the negative feedback comes from a lack of communication between the writers, and the corresponding lack of continuity. What happens in one book is rarely carried over to other books. Entire character arcs are removed, replaced, or reset. This is a far cry from the X-books from before. Combined with large events that serve to marginalize the X-Men (AvX, IvX) or just re-hash old stories (Phoenix Saga, AoA, One Man's Worth, etc), and a lot of people are upset at the current direction.

Positive books that move the series in a good direction are cheered as such. As they say in Improv: We don't clap for crap.

Well, thanks for stopping by to explain your position. I can't speak for everyone here, and I have no doubt some of the hate being slung your way comes from misunderstandings.

The reason this place has such a negative reputation is because we are all die-hard fans here. The recent decisions by the X-office have been questionable, and severely lack transparency. Rachel fans had to endure their favorite being a sex slave to her worst enemy. Kitty fans had to endure all of Gold.

The majority of the negative feedback comes from a lack of communication between the writers, and the corresponding lack of continuity. What happens in one book is rarely carried over to other books. Entire character arcs are removed, replaced, or reset. This is a far cry from the X-books from before. Combined with large events that serve to marginalize the X-Men (AvX, IvX) or just re-hash old stories (Phoenix Saga, AoA, One Man's Worth, etc), and a lot of people are upset at the current direction.

Positive books that move the series in a good direction are cheered as such. As they say in Improv: We don't clap for crap.
    Perfect post. If it were possible to give rep points, I would. lol