Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Regarding Magik vs. MotherMold, and not being in on the space mission...

I'm not certain that Magik is in HoX/PoX.

The Illyana 2.0 of 616 might be a rare event, abducted and reanimated by Belasco in a very few of all possible worlds, perhaps only in one of Moira's lives.

She's shown in Phoenix Five form in the "Lost Decade" of Life 4, but in none of the others that I can see.

Rasputin of Life 9 having a SoulSword is suggestive, but we don't have details.

If our 616 timeline was actually Life 4, or the Life 6 not shown in HoX #2, then the events of Life 10 detailed in HoX/PoX might be a world free of Illyana 2.0, filled mostly with pod-mutants founded on a separate peace Xavier negotiated with Krakoa in an alternative version of Deadly Genesis.

Perhaps that means that worlds with Illyana 2.0 in them are damned, and that Moira made sure subsequent lives were Magik-less, perhaps by preventing young Illyana from going to Cthulhu Island to be abducted by Belasco, or maybe preventing her from even being kidnapped by Arcade in the first place.

Also recall that Nimrod first entered our 616 timeline by being drawn here by Illyana 1.0 when she eliminated Kulan Gath's existence through a "TemporalSpacial Claudication", back in UXM v1 #191.

Eliminate Magik, delay Nimrod might be Moira's reasoning.

(On the other hand the 616 might be Life 11, and Moira's death by Legacy was her Final Death, mostly but not quite repeating Life 4 with Magik.)
    Last edited by G0RM; 09-08-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Amazing Member

anyone else order this cover?
    Didn't want to spend the $$ on the virgin cover but I'm happy with the reg cover
    https://unknowncomicbooks.com/collec...-dx-11-06-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Meta jon View Post
    Didn't want to spend the $$ on the virgin cover but I'm happy with the reg cover
    Nope, but I do like it!

Going into this new era is going to be interesting. The last 3 writers who handled Illyana were pretty big fans of the character (Bendis, Lemire, & Rosenberg)...AFAIK, Hickman & Brisson have never even uttered Illyana's name, let alone write her.

BANNED

Magik was in two or so pages of Hickman's Avengers. She might've appeared in either of his AvX issues to but I don't remember any dialogue.

it's okay new mutants is cebulski's favorite thing so he will make sure the scripts are pimpin' while everything else burns around him
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I know Hickman is a pretty big fan of the original New Mutants run in general, so if that means his Illyana will be more informed by her 80's era than recent depictions, I'd be pretty into that! No idea about Brisson, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    I know Hickman is a pretty big fan of the original New Mutants run in general, so if that means his Illyana will be more informed by her 80's era than recent depictions, I'd be pretty into that! No idea about Brisson, though.
    I think if that were the case, she'd be wearing a classic NM suit like the rest of them and not her modern day Bachalo design which was ditched years ago

Hickman also has an oft-stated fondness for Bachalo and his costume designs though, so it could be a mix-and-match!

she's back in the bachalo outfit because hickman has good taste
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Meta jon View Post
    I loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    she's back in the bachalo outfit because hickman has good taste
    Sans ridiculous boob window.

The boob window makes it so much better and the costume loses alot without it

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Hopefully it's not a spoiler to some to say that I think the X-Men as we see them are "pod people" and a clone of the "best" version of that character in X's eyes. So like Jean is the "teenaged" version pre-Phoenix etc (which is why she comes off so feeble)...

So the Magik we see in New Mutants is actually a younger "pod" version. The fact she is using the old SoulSword (which Rod says wasn't his design choice) and has an outfit that is "less mature" (no boob window) is what makes me think this. She also appears a little more feminine in the pictures we've seen than the battle worn "older" versions of recent years.

My other theory is that what we're reading in HOXPOX she's still stomping around as Darkchilde and when Moira "Resets" at the end of this 12 issue arch she's a younger version of Yanna (even Rahne looks younger IMO).
    I thought Magik looked horrible only during New Mutants Dead Souls due to terrible artistic direction. Isn’t she supposed to be, at most, like 20? Most early twenties people still look like late teenagers...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    I thought Magik looked horrible only during New Mutants Dead Souls due to terrible artistic direction. Isn’t she supposed to be, at most, like 20? Most early twenties people still look like late teenagers...
    She spent years looking for her soul stones right before New Mutants v3.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She spent years looking for her soul stones right before New Mutants v3.
    Correct, so she was resurrected at 15-16 and looked for years (though Limbo time is different...) to be, what age? Each artist has a different take on each character so it is so hard to tell.