Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    that's beautiful, I love the center point too. I really hope they do a crossover with New Mutants and Dr Strange or just Magik and Dr Strange. I really want Illyana and Stephen to work together again.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

WOW! I agree, it's beautiful. Is this your own work Woozie? Thank you for sharing. The image reminds me of looking into a 'true mirror' box a friend once made me. Something like peering into a dark cave and seeing the cuts of raw crystals within. That the earth does this...that in the shadows and underworlds - that into caves went the earliest artists with torches...and why?

So while they worked...there was another holding the flame, and the gleam in their eye...

Yes, thank you. She has her horns in this posture. Yet serene.

Is this a portrait of integration?

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    that's beautiful, I love the center point too. I really hope they do a crossover with New Mutants and Dr Strange or just Magik and Dr Strange. I really want Illyana and Stephen to work together again.
    There is something about Illyana and that all seeing eye.
    I'm not sure that working with others is really her thing. Strange works with a long lineage of sorcerers and guys from ages past to present.

Illyana, well, I can understand the hope and ideal of being in the eye of truth, of it justifying or simplifying things in it's light...but, for me, it's when she holds the eye of agamatto outward...that's what I like...it's almost like I can feel that eye trying to look back at her to see, like the eye itself is nervous and anxious, and it's Illyana who sees what she sees and directs that gaze.

If she worked with Strange. I'd hope that the conflict would be there as it was with Xavier...Belasco...it would be with him...you know...Scott in Bendis' run understood this well...maybe because he wasn't really as vain and self-inflated as Xavier or Belasco...his 'needs' weren't those of a megalomaniac.

Strange could go either way I guess.

Maybe Illyana, given Marvel comics context (as in Hickman for example) would be well suited as the 'problem' at the center of a Secret Wars event. Not the Phoenix. But her...there's an ongoing story already there...um...in a room full of Black Panther, Reed Richards, Captain America, Captain Marvels and Secret Agents and Hell's Kitchen Ronins - if any guy really asked...um, what's up with Magik...and then Jean comes championing on in and then senses 'the topic' and decides not to actually enter the room...only to meet Emma in the hallway...with that smile of hers...and the two of them...listening in...as the big time heroes sort of evade the question they came together to ask...of her...not to her...can you see it?

That'd be a good beginning...is that a 'beginning'?

Behind the eye. The director.

Illyana's charm bracelet...(eye of agamatto, a pewter nightcrawler doll, beatrice pendent, silver acorn, Cyttorak shards, a lil' tractor, a book)

Now just not any of that at all, but a charm bracelet of stuff she just likes you know. That sort of magic!
    Put these other trinkets on a leash.

Maybe she'd be a really great true mirror to turn back upon the angry faces of the Tony Starks and Logans and all them with the collective and or self made agendas of outmoded indulgences of war and hawking violence as smote renewels (Dawns made of explanatory graphs, theater maps and picto logic) maybe she'd say 'no do-overs' and topple the cards of the standard patriarchal super-heroic cannon of epics, Pyamids, geometries and parlor tricks - has anybody seen Persona? The beginning part with the burned out cells? And then the movie...you know? Not that movie. But thinking like that.

I don't like the idea of her in the eye of any beyonder, beholder or doctor or professor or...'professional'.

Maybe Magik and Hulk could have a one-shot. They did what to you? Your friends? Were they right? Does that matter?
    Last edited by sungila; 10-09-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Mighty Member

Nah it's not my work. It's by the guy who worked on What if Magik.

And I'm pretty sure they mentioned her teaming up with Dr. Strange because the two on the occasions that they've met have always had a pretty great friendship.
    Last edited by Woozie; 10-09-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Nah it's not my work. It's by the guy who worked on What if Magik.

And I'm pretty sure they mentioned her teaming up with Dr. Strange because the two on the occasions that they've met have always had a pretty great friendship.
    That's a fantastic comic!
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”

Incredible Member

Spoilers

spoilers:
    Given that in PoX #6 Moira refuses to have Destiny or any other precognition in their Krakoan world, isn't Magik sort of a threat to this budding mutant Utopia, since she can freely travel through and scry on time streams? In the annual with Tempus, Illyana stated her ability to move through time had been denied to her... Will the mutant counsel Nerf both of them?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by G0RM; 10-09-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    Spoilers

spoilers:
    Given that in PoX #6 Moira refuses to have Destiny or any other precognition in their Krakoan world, isn't Magik sort of a threat to this budding mutant Utopia, since she can freely travel through and scry on time streams? In the annual with Tempus, Illyana stated her ability to move through time had been denied to her... Will the mutant counsel Nerf both of them?
    end of spoilers
    Magik's ability to time travel almost never comes into play so it probably doesnt matter

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magik's ability to time travel almost never comes into play so it probably doesnt matter
    I think a superb case can be made that Illyana travels subtly, 'replaying' events until they come out in her favor, or even doing a "Temporal Spacial Claudication" like at the end of Kulan Gath or Age of Apocalypse, erasing outcomes she doesn't want (or as with Tempus and Mathew Malloy.)

Illyana's campaign against the Elder Gods clearly involved multiple replays, including the X-Men's deaths at the hands of Legion and the Elder Gods, various survivors lived on each replay, until she finally reached a zero casualty game. (See "Groundhog Day" for the spooky godlike power to Replay events.) Plus Magik clearly traveled into various futures going against World Eater & the Future Brotherhood.

If characters and writers sometimes seem to forget her powers, I assert it's because Magik keeps a low level mental confusion fog around herself, like several mystic entities do, leaving memories vague (As proof, Captain America has met her "for the first time" four or five times.)
    Last edited by G0RM; 10-09-2019 at 07:45 PM.

I think a superb case can be made that Illyana travels subtly, 'replaying' events until they come out in her favor, or even doing a "Temporal Spacial Claudication" like at the end of Kulan Gath or Age of Apocalypse, erasing outcomes she doesn't want (or as with Tempus and Mathew Malloy.)

Illyana's campaign against the Elder Gods clearly involved multiple replays, including the X-Men's deaths at the hands of Legion and the Elder Gods, various survivors lived on each replay, until she finally reached a zero casualty game. (See "Groundhog Day" for the spooky godlike power to Replay events.) Plus Magik clearly traveled into various futures going against World Eater & the Future Brotherhood.

If characters and writers sometimes seem to forget her powers, I assert it's because Magik keeps a low level mental confusion fog around herself, like several mystic entities do, leaving memories vague (As proof, Captain America has met her "for the first time" four or five times.)
    I would find that so rad. I love the idea of low key spell casting.

It's difficult for me to face directly. To think about this.
    Such a shitty bargain.

Such a lonely and constant test of heroism.
    Even to 'be present' just there in an anywhere outside the nowhere of Limbo...(with nowhere riven inside) just to be when not to be is an option and left open door...to be as an actual expression of successive will.

If a person were to say she suffers from or is equals to or equated through a relationship of 'x' the unknown condition...see, that's it...maybe that's a part of why Illyana is one of the most iconic 'mutants' in comics or literature for me...she is utterly human...in large part by the constant... a(n) not.

So many times when Legion or anybody is constructing a fabricated world...she's left out...kept out of it...even Xavier is blocked out...you know. And so is she, I think, so is she.

I kinda wish Spurrier could do a Legacy Illyana solo, if he wanted to and was allowed to.

"Whatever I needed to have him be able to do, he can do" and what could more difficult than choosing a life from that.
    Last edited by sungila; 10-10-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    It's difficult for me to face directly. To think about this.
    Such a shitty bargain.

Such a lonely and constant test of heroism.
    Even to 'be present' just there in an anywhere outside the nowhere of Limbo...(with nowhere riven inside) just to be when not to be is an option and left open door...to be as an actual expression of successive will.

If a person were to say she suffers from or is equals to or equated through a relationship of 'x' the unknown condition...see, that's it...maybe that's a part of why Illyana is one of the most iconic 'mutants' in comics or literature for me...she is utterly human...in large part by the constant... a(n) not.

So many times when Legion or anybody is constructing a fabricated world...she's left out...kept out of it...even Xavier is blocked out...you know. And so is she, I think, so is she.

I kinda wish Spurrier could do a Legacy Illyana solo, if he wanted to and was allowed to.

"Whatever I needed to have him be able to do, he can do" and what could more difficult than choosing a life from that.
    I would read the heck out of a Spurrier Illyana book. He could really write the various facets of her character, and take the story to interesting places. Fantastic shout.

(Interesting thoughts too!)

As long as he doesn't have her call Blindfold a loserslut anymore...
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    As long as he doesn't have her call Blindfold a loserslut anymore...
    That was awful! I will never forget, and never forgive