Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

How will Cloud Strife and Inigo Montoya make it out of this one?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Her bangs are a physical signifier, like Storm's white hair. Marvel doesn't understand the importance of hair!
    Hickman's also gonna make Ororo bald (Age of X-Man dont interact) and dye Noriko's hair red.

Incredible Member

I don't care about Magik's bangs. She needs to grow out of them now. Or at least she can keep the bangs but don't make them blunt.
    Last edited by 244; 05-14-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Bangs or or gtfo.
    +1

Her bangs are a physical signifier, like Storm's white hair. Marvel doesn't understand the importance of hair!
    I totally agree

My guess is this is an "adult" Yana, which they might need to use a signifier of difference from a younger one that may cross paths. Beats me, just throwing darts. I agree though, it's a dangerous path that we seem to fall into a lot with the X-Blondes when out of costumes... "Is that Magik? Er no... Magma? Wait no, that's Emma."

That's not limited to the X blondes. Happens to the redheads too. If Rachel didn't have her hound marks and they didn't give Hope that eye scar, they could both be mistaken for Jean Grey. Wolfsbane also looks like Jean in UXM recently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's not limited to the X blondes. Happens to the redheads too. If Rachel didn't have her hound marks and they didn't give Hope that eye scar, they could both be mistaken for Jean Grey. Wolfsbane also looks like Jean in UXM recently.
    Rachel doesn’t have hound marks most of the time and she’s rarely confused for Jean. Her short hair and fashion sense are distinct enough. Hope is rarely seen outside of her rags so she also doesn’t tend to have that problem

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    My guess is this is an "adult" Yana, which they might need to use a signifier of difference from a younger one that may cross paths. Beats me, just throwing darts. I agree though, it's a dangerous path that we seem to fall into a lot with the X-Blondes when out of costumes... "Is that Magik? Er no... Magma? Wait no, that's Emma."
    That was problematic during the SF era when we had Emma, Cuckoos, Dazzler, Magma, Illyana, Dagger and Boom Boom all as Xmen. Thank god Fraction made good use of captions bc Lands art was not distinct enough
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-15-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of which, I sometimes had Rahne Sinclair and Rachel Summers mixed-up because of their cropped red hair.

Yes, if they've opted to forgo Illyana's more recently unique headgear, the razor bangs are her signature identifier when not waving her soulsword around.

Perhaps its my own bias/enthusiasm FOR hair, but I've always been and always will be completely VEXED by the inability to maintain consistent aesthetics -- particularly concerning female characters. Visual references should be provided to each entering artist on the cast's most recent appearance(s).

If Illyana has bangs last issue, she should have them in the next.
    If the Cuckoos are sporting a shoulder length bob paired with a headband, then GIVE THEM a shoulder length bob and headband again.
    If Rogue's platinum streak is skunked out? Then skunk it out.
    If Rachel has that gawd awful round melon shaped cut, well --- maybe kill her off.
    I jest.
    But really, it cannot be that difficult to maintain a consistent aesthetic. Wolverine has his absurd spread-eagle-wing-hair-do of varying lengths but the wings themselves consistently remain.

Ugh. I'm spiraling.
    GIVE US THE BANGS MARVEL.

Spectacular Member

So what are we thinking Hickman has in store for Illyana? Any thoughts, peeps?

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    Well his one new character is definitely inspired by/is/connected to her..so there's that?

Still seems too early to speculate on what Hickman plans on doing with individual characters

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    Im more optimistic about her since the Bendis era

BANNED

I miss Adam Gorham.

I dont. Meth head Yana was atrocious

art by Magickmarker