Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Are we talking about the ceiling?
    I felt her actions were absolutely on brand, but the mechanics don't make sense to me with how her discs operate?
    What do you think?
    I hadn't thought about that when reading it. I actually assumed it was more of a chop since this sort of move usually doesn't result in so much blood, but the last panel clearly shows otherwise. I guess if she made a third disk above the ceiling it could make sense.

I get the desire to really lean heavy into the theatrics because "WHOA!!!!" but yeah, if her intent was to kill -- which clearly it was -- she coulda just bisected him by closing a portal on him, halfway. But again: theatrics, I guess.

I actually thought that's what she did - spoilers:
    she decapitated him.
    end of spoilers

By the way, since we're talking about a new issue, we really should be using spoiler tags, guys.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I've not read the issue, but according to the issue's discussion thread, spoilers:
    there seems to be a suspension(?) by way of forced merging with the ceiling. Is that not accurate? If not, then I'm fine with it. It was that detail that had me confused.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Have Cyke and Magik reinstated pancake breakfast? <3

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    He's clearly hanging in the ceiling by his neck. There's a lot of blood, and the ceiling goes from no cracks in the first panel right after he is killed to full of cracks a few panels later. If it was a decapitation his body would fall to the floor and not be stuck in the ceiling. But if it was a wall-merger of the sort that Kitty or Kurt could do there'd be no blood or cracks. It seems she teleported his head into the ceiling in a way that caused the plaster and concrete to crush his head in rather than merge it with the material.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    So this gal who has Yana's gear and Dani's hair and Piotr's metallic epidermis etc etc --- are we thinking she is some kind of Sinister cocktail?
    Seems very likely!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So what do people think of Illyana's big moment today? I think it's 100% in character given how she's been shown to feel about children.
    Made sense to me! While I have not been a big fan of Rosenberg's Uncanny, I will say he does use Illyana's powers quite creatively!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

I love these two BFF together!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

That panel was the highlight of the issue for me...which probably says more about the (lack of) quality of it than anything. But it was still cool.

I liked having more Magik action this week, but I'm still bothered by the fact they ignore years of telepathic resistance and an "immunity" to the TO virus for this run. I get that they have to nerf super powerful X-Men once and a while, but this just seems extreme in both cases. Unless the special connection to Emma they've had in the past makes her and Scott vulnerable. Still wouldn't explain Logan's manipulation outside of "his head is a mess."

Extraordinary Member

When was she immune to the TO virus? Unless you mean the fact that she has cured herself of it twice with her sword. This time the infection was through her mouth and quickly spread to her throat, so she couldn't cure an infected limb like she did the previous times. The way it was depicted previously she had to act extremely quickly before the TO virus spread too far, so if she couldn't react quickly enough this time it isn't an inconsistency.

The lack of telepathic immunity is a bigger deal, but at this point she's not had it for longer than she had it in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I liked having more Magik action this week, but I'm still bothered by the fact they ignore years of telepathic resistance and an "immunity" to the TO virus for this run. I get that they have to nerf super powerful X-Men once and a while, but this just seems extreme in both cases. Unless the special connection to Emma they've had in the past makes her and Scott vulnerable. Still wouldn't explain Logan's manipulation outside of "his head is a mess."
    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    When was she immune to the TO virus? Unless you mean the fact that she has cured herself of it twice with her sword. This time the infection was through her mouth and quickly spread to her throat, so she couldn't cure an infected limb like she did the previous times. The way it was depicted previously she had to act extremely quickly before the TO virus spread too far, so if she couldn't react quickly enough this time it isn't an inconsistency.

The lack of telepathic immunity is a bigger deal, but at this point she's not had it for longer than she had it in the 80s.
    Not a fan of Rosenberg ignoring Illyana's resistance to telepathy.

I cannot recall the exact last time it was mentioned, but I do remember in Bendis' run the cuckoos refused to engage in any telepathic activity with Illyana because they claimed her mind was a scary place...I know, not the same thing, but at least there was an effort?

And even further back, in Age of X, Illyana was one of the few mutants who Legion blocked from his alternate reality as she would have been able to tell it was inauthentic. IIRC Magik, Xavier, Emma, The Cuckoos, and maybe Danger, were all imprisoned/sedated, as Legion felt they were threats to his new world...However, I believe Pyslocke & Rachel were both in Age of X, so maybe it was not solely based on telepathy?

Regardless, the hints/nudges to Magik's natural resistance to telepathy are there. I guess it is up to the writer if they want to continue to honor Claremont's intentions or not.

How was Illyana affected by TP? Sinister was used to explain why Scott was for Dark Beast releasing the vaccine but not everyone was on board. Jamie and Alex werent. Dani wasnt but she explained that the NM were grateful for Beast curing them. I felt she spoke for Illyana in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How was Illyana affected by TP? Sinister was used to explain why Scott was for Dark Beast releasing the vaccine but not everyone was on board. Jamie and Alex werent. Dani wasnt but she explained that the NM were grateful for Beast curing them. I felt she spoke for Illyana in that regard.
    Dark Beast mentions Sinister offered some subconscious suggestions to all of the X-Men in regards to following through with the vaccine plan.

Also, Emma wiped her memory from all the X-Men...but apparently it did not work on Cain...due to his helmet I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Dark Beast mentions Sinister offered some subconscious suggestions to all of the X-Men in regards to following through with the vaccine plan.

Also, Emma wiped her memory from all the X-Men...but apparently it did not work on Cain...due to his helmet I guess?
    that still isnt consistent with Jamie and Alex seemingly unaffected. I think Dark Beast was lying or not being completely transparent as he doesnt go into any details.

You are right about Emma but is there any evidence that Magik didnt know who she was? I dont have the issues in front of me.