Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Still up in the air if this "Steel Magik" character is indeed Illyana...Not 100% convinced either way yet.

She could totally be a future version of Magik or a descendant. Interested to finally learn the truth!
    They said its a brand new character so she isnt Illyana. She obviously is connected to her, but does not appear to be her

Spectacular Member

I am so intrigued by the steel woman named Rasputin too. Nonetheless,
    I truly hope Hickman folds in Magik into his reworking of this line. She must have been kept in the position she was left in with UXM 21 for a particular reason, right?

Mighty Member

I mean, if they had intentions for Magik, you'd think they'd leave her humanized. At least on the X-men front. More likely is that someone else has plans for Magik that don't involve the X-men.

Also feels like Magik's very explicit power set(You know multi person teleportation on a planetary scale) probably breaks that narrative something fierce.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    I am so intrigued by the steel woman named Rasputin too. Nonetheless,
    I truly hope Hickman folds in Magik into his reworking of this line. She must have been kept in the position she was left in with UXM 21 for a particular reason, right?
    Nope. Rosenberg killed Banshee in the same issue and he's alive and well in HoX. This and the killing of Havok seems Rosenberg way of not letting other writers play with his favorites. Hickman complained about Rosenberg (without mentioning his name) at one of the HoX interview (about writers that break the toys, but don't put them back in the box).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nope. Rosenberg killed Banshee in the same issue and he's alive and well in HoX. This and the killing of Havok seems Rosenberg way of not letting other writers play with his favorites. Hickman complained about Rosenberg (without mentioning his name) at one of the HoX interview (about writers that break the toys, but don't put them back in the box).
    Again, you're really stupid, if you actually believe this. Both the first part AND the second part.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Again, you're really stupid, if you actually believe this. Both the first part AND the second part.
    Oh, I might be wrong about the first part and might just be a shock value thing, and the second part, as I said before, Hickman is throwing shade at SOMEONE with that comment. Who is it if not Rosenberg? And why even mention it now if it wasn't for this run? Many of his comments criticizing what was done with the franchise clearly seem to be referencing Guggenheim.

Mighty Member

Oh, I might be wrong about the first part and might just be a shock value thing, and the second part, as I said before, Hickman is throwing shade at SOMEONE with that comment. Who is it if not Rosenberg? And why even mention it now if it wasn't for this run? Many of his comments criticizing what was done with the franchise clearly seem to be referencing Guggenheim.
    How can it be rosenberg when nothing he did has any notable impact. He killed 2 New Mutants and 2 members of X-factor

Big Whoop. You're acting like he murdered storm, night crawler, Rachel and Magneto. Most of the people killed in his run are character who haven't been seen or used in years.

Boy, Killing Joseph sure is gonna rock the mutant world something fierce!

Rosenberg left the X-men more or less right where they were before his run.

Rosenberg left Scott without an eye, at least two characters that are alive and well in Hickman's run (Banshee and Sabretooth) dead, depowered Magik, killed Havok and Chamber (and Hickman is a big Gen X. fan, he would care), killed Rahne in the dumbest way possible (and Hickman is also a big NM fan), and turned Emma into a stupid evil crazy ex girlfriend.

Mighty Member

Rosenberg left Scott without an eye, at least two characters that are alive and well in Hickman's run (Banshee and Sabretooth) dead, depowered Magik, killed Havok and Chamber (and Hickman is a big Gen X. fan, he would care), killed Rahne in the dumbest way possible (and Hickman is also a big NM fan), and turned Emma into a stupid evil crazy ex girlfriend.
    Hickman systematically murdered every single character in Marvel Universe, and went out of his way to have Cyclops neck COMICALLY snapped like a twig.

You really over-estimate what you think Hickman cares about

All the rest is a bunch of "Okays" and whatevers cause all those characters were never being used. Banshee is a god damn scrbble(Ignoring the fact that he's been a personality devoid zombie for half a decade) in the background and Sabertooth comes back from 'death' like a dog loves bacon.
    Last edited by Woozie; 07-19-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Hickman systematically murdered every single character in Marvel Universe, and went out of his way to have Cyclops neck COMICALLY snapped like a twig.

And brought them all back afterwards,
    which is exactly what he's saying here. Not only that, he left Doom with a new purpose and state, which was explored later by Bendis (and ignored by Slott)

Mighty Member

And brought them all back afterwards,
    which is exactly what he's saying here. Not only that, he left Doom with a new purpose and state, which was explored later by Bendis (and ignored by Slott)
    And most of them were A/B listers. Most everyone who died in rosenberg's run was D list AT BEST.

If someone who was reading X-men for the last five years was to ask you what significantly changed in the status quo in UXM. The most you could say is "Well Magik's a demon now."

That's how not impactful most of the cast has been on X-men as a whole.

It'd be like if somebody had a run and killed Surge. it'd suck, but i wouldn't be here saying "Oh man, they were doing so much with her and that just fucked it all up."

And most of them were A/B listers. Most everyone who died in rosenberg's run was D list AT BEST.

If someone who was reading X-men for the last five years was to ask you what significantly changed in the status quo in UXM. The most you could say is "Well Magik's a demon now."

It'd be like if somebody had a run and killed Surge. it'd suck, but i wouldn't be here saying "Oh man, they were doing so much with her and that just fucked it all up."
    You are missing the point of what Hickman was saying entirely. It's not about what the writers were doing it, was the fact, by not letting the toys back in the box, they are not allowing other writers to use the characters they might want to use or, by doing so, they have to clean the mess the previous writer left.

Mighty Member

You are missing the point of what Hickman was saying entirely. It's not about what the writers were doing it, was the fact, by not letting the toys back in the box, they are not allowing other writers to use the characters they might want to use or, by doing so, they have to clean the mess the previous writer left.
    Secret Wars literally culled every previous universe besides 616 and 65.

Every person's run changes something. It's stupid if you think that's what he meant cause by that logic, everything returns to fucking null. In which case, your arguing point for Hickman falls apart, cause he definitively did not leave things as they were.

He didnt just kill off 2 or 3 D-listers in this run. Over 30 characters died. Some minor, some not. You downplay the importance of this bc its the C/D listers that make up the supporting cast that give the A/B listers material to work with. What Rosenberg did was very damaging for the line going forward. I didnt even notice but someone mentioned that the bulk of PAD's X-Factor was anhiliated in this run which diminishes their story potential or reunion. All the male Generation X characters are now dead so I dont see a revival in the cards. Havok was a B-lister with strong ties to alot of characters and now they cant do anything with that. Hoepfully Magik is quickly reversed but leaving Dani depowered diminished her utilization for years. Theres alot more to consider but what Rosenberg did wasnt insiginicant
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-19-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Spectacular Member

I always thought Havok and Rahne were rather important? Hasn’t Rahne basically been in X-books since her creation with at most a 2 year gap? Making Magik into a demon is just bogus and Rosenberg lost me as a fan with that move by shafting her at the end like that. What a shame