Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I miss Adam Gorham.

Ahh! This is awesome! Thank you for sharing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    So what are we thinking Hickman has in store for Illyana? Any thoughts, peeps?
    I just like to see something "different" being done to Magik's character.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Magickmarker

I don't understand why superhero comics stopped doing these kinds of advertisements now. They were cheesy and fun.

Spectacular Member

I'm concerned. One interview, I think it was an X-Men Monday, seemed to hint that """Magik""" and """Nightcrawler""" are children of X-Men (although it's not a time-travel story, so maybe that's not the case?). But if they are, I'm worried this means either a) Kitty and Piotr procreate, ie they get back together or b) Illyana procreated, by having sex with a man, ie Hickman thinks she's straight.

I know those are both wild leaps, as is everything at this point since we know so little.

However, I'm still very concerned. I'm very apprehensive and lukewarm about Hickman coming on in general. I've found the fan response obnoxious and everything I've heard about Hickman so far doesn't sound like I'd like him. Regarding Illyana specifically, she's a very easy character for a writer to get just completely wrong. And apparently Hickman only cares about a select few characters at a time, and she wasn't on his list of faves. Yet obviously she's involved in some capacity given the character with the soulsword (drawn with the shitty old design again, which doesn't help my worries!)

BANNED

Kitty and Colossus’ spawn who is raised by Magik.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    I'm concerned. One interview, I think it was an X-Men Monday, seemed to hint that """Magik""" and """Nightcrawler""" are children of X-Men (although it's not a time-travel story, so maybe that's not the case?). But if they are, I'm worried this means either a) Kitty and Piotr procreate, ie they get back together or b) Illyana procreated, by having sex with a man, ie Hickman thinks she's straight.

I know those are both wild leaps, as is everything at this point since we know so little.

However, I'm still very concerned. I'm very apprehensive and lukewarm about Hickman coming on in general. I've found the fan response obnoxious and everything I've heard about Hickman so far doesn't sound like I'd like him. Regarding Illyana specifically, she's a very easy character for a writer to get just completely wrong. And apparently Hickman only cares about a select few characters at a time, and she wasn't on his list of faves. Yet obviously she's involved in some capacity given the character with the soulsword (drawn with the shitty old design again, which doesn't help my worries!)
    First, there's no need to panic. Second, we don't know if they really are children of X-men, or even from the future. Hickman specifically said there's no AU or time-travel. It's possibly "Steelmagik" and "Redcrawler" are just people that can access similar powers (some speculated that the "Powers of 10" come from then being able to access powers of 10 X-men). Third, there's nothing on Illyana backstory that says definitively she's lesbian, or bi, or straight. so it wouldn't be absurd anyway. Fourth, I mean, even if she's lesbian, and did procreate, it's not like there aren't methods that don't involve having sex with a man.

she said "do you love me?"
    yana told her only partly
    she only love her bed and her mama
    i'm sorry
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

her new fit >>>>>
    That’s a interesting team, one I’m surprised it’s taken this long to get to......I wonder if Magik would use her powers to bisect Sentinels.......(though she has more armor......that’s never a good sign......wait, never mind, it’s not her Eldritch Armor.......)

I miss Adam Gorham.

Tube socks and short shorts and a midriff X-top = the casual Yana I've always wanted and didn't know I deserved.
    Why does she have a poster of Rahne (behind the soulsword) ?

I'm kidding.
    About Rahne, not about the outfit. The outfit is fresh AF and I'm now desperate for a miniseries of introspective analysis in the privacy of Yana's X-dorm. lol

Kitty and Colossus’ spawn who is raised by Magik.
    This is looking more and more likely as we saw some new art in the CBR article that shows this character phasing.

However he also mentioned no "alt reality" and no time travel. Very interesting. Of course nothing saying there won't be flashbacks or flash forwards involved.

The Magik/Colossus/Dani/Kitty character seems to only be featured in Powers of X which looks like it takes place in the future.

I was mostly convinced she was a new character until the Powers of X #3 cover was released and she was re-colored to look like Magik.

It could very well be an adult Magik in the future who has acquired the powers of her fallen friends. Or she could be something completely different

Amazing Member

oops double post

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Tube socks and short shorts and a midriff X-top = the casual Yana I've always wanted and didn't know I deserved.
    Why does she have a poster of Rahne (behind the soulsword) ?

I'm kidding.
    About Rahne, not about the outfit. The outfit is fresh AF and I'm now desperate for a miniseries of introspective analysis in the privacy of Yana's X-dorm. lol
    cant get the pic to show up =(

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    First, there's no need to panic. Second, we don't know if they really are children of X-men, or even from the future. Hickman specifically said there's no AU or time-travel. It's possibly "Steelmagik" and "Redcrawler" are just people that can access similar powers (some speculated that the "Powers of 10" come from then being able to access powers of 10 X-men). Third, there's nothing on Illyana backstory that says definitively she's lesbian, or bi, or straight. so it wouldn't be absurd anyway. Fourth, I mean, even if she's lesbian, and did procreate, it's not like there aren't methods that don't involve having sex with a man.
    1. I'm not panicking 2. I know that, I acknowledged he said no time travel in my post 3. Claremontian intent is fact but even aside from that it would be a real shame to throw away an easy opportunity for representation especially one that so many already accept 4. I am well aware of that, just like I am well aware that these characters could be anyone other than her kids

They asked for my thoughts on what's in store. This is just one of many many possibilities, that if true I would probably not enjoy so I'm hoping is not the case

Another look at the mystery character from the just released solicits...

POWEROFX2019002-Weaver-var.jpg

An interesting note, this variant is labeled as "NEW CHARACTER VARIANT COVERS".

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    1. I'm not panicking 2. I know that, I acknowledged he said no time travel in my post 3. Claremontian intent is fact but even aside from that it would be a real shame to throw away an easy opportunity for representation especially one that so many already accept 4. I am well aware of that, just like I am well aware that these characters could be anyone other than her kids

They asked for my thoughts on what's in store. This is just one of many many possibilities, that if true I would probably not enjoy so I'm hoping is not the case
    Like I said in other threads, people have to stop assuming every teenage female character Claremont wrote is a lesbian. The one character people didn't see as lesbian in New Mutants, Karma, was the only one that actually turned out to be. I'm not saying it would be bad if Magik turned out to be lesbian, or, even better, bi (since the only other major character who's bi is Mystique, and she's hardly a good example), but this idea that she was secretly in love with Kitty that some have not only is not supported by the comics (see Bendis run, for example, in which they are good friends, but there's clearly nothing romantic there), but makes her relationship with both Kitty and Piotr deeply creepy and disturbing.