Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    omg ELO and Illyana, two great flavors together at last!
    Actually that makes a good title for the mini-series, I am surprised they didn't do it before. "Strange Magik" is almost like it was meant to be all along.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    omg ELO and Illyana, two great flavors together at last!
    Huh, guess it's a match made in heaven.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Actually that makes a good title for the mini-series, I am surprised they didn't do it before. "Strange Magik" is almost like it was meant to be all along.
    I'll be here waiting for my 4.67 million megaflerg prize.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/come-with-me-if-...oung-avengers/

Loki being allowed to drink because he's a thousands of years old immortal god type.

Seeing as Marvel hasn't eased up on things like depiction of smoking, I think we can assume that if Illyana wasn't old enough to legal drink, they wouldn't have been allowed to portray her drinking.
    You act like there hasnt been underage drinking in Marvel comics. Husk got wasted back in the 90s in Gen X and Dazzler got one of the New X-men drunk in Fraction's run. I definitely say that all the NM are of age but IA with the poster that a character drinking isnt proof of that bc you dont need to be 21 to drink

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You act like there hasnt been underage drinking in Marvel comics. Husk got wasted back in the 90s in Gen X and Dazzler got one of the New X-men drunk in Fraction's run. I definitely say that all the NM are of age but IA with the poster that a character drinking isnt proof of that bc you dont need to be 21 to drink
    Not ignoring, just postulating a policy change between then and now. They used to allow smoking too, after all.

Incredible Member

I think it's pointless to figure out Magik's age. She's whatever age a writer wants her to be. She can still be in her teens or she can be 100+ years. Who knows?

Extraordinary Member

Illyana gets a lot of focus in New Mutants War Children today.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    The title is too perfect! I WANT THIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Illyana gets a lot of focus in New Mutants War Children today.
    While I will always love Illyana getting the spotlight, and THAT ART!...I thought overall, it was kind of "been there done that".

I will give it another read after work. Maybe with more time to digest everything, I will appreciate it more.

It was very much in Claremont's voice, that's for sure. Took me back like I was reading an old issue I had forgotten about. Yes, same ole same... but a lot of fun.

And holy cow that art. You forget how much you love someone's style till you see a huge dump of it like this. So many frame-able pages.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    It was very much in Claremont's voice, that's for sure. Took me back like I was reading an old issue I had forgotten about. Yes, same ole same... but a lot of fun.

And holy cow that art. You forget how much you love someone's style till you see a huge dump of it like this. So many frame-able pages.

Yes. I don't know if it takes me back or if it brings the 'me-back-there' to me here.

I haven't even read it yet. So far I just keep looking at the pages, the panels and art.

Sort of letting the words speak without really tuning into them.

It's great.

It's like the that 'past' was always already a beast from the past (past lost...a ghost in the immediate), even at it was happening it was refusing to budge but bleeding (an ink blot in a river) you know that threshold of adolescence (especially for Illyana) is and always will be for me in SIN-KEV-ITCH queer color and uncorrected line...while her childhood spent is perfectly stored in classic bronze age...it's this...it's knowingly mysterious and afirmingly frightening...yet...still charmed by a certain kind of protectorate child (the kid that Illyana never was and therefore is yet to be preserved in an elsewhere place)...these 'frames' you know...the surreal sobriety of a child's gaze...that pensive view that seems to see right through...

Like how Illyana sees herself 'change' during Demon Bear during that fight when the armor begins to appear...these adolescent changes...during real world adult fairy tale crazy confusion...yet, somehow, cool about it...you know. It's fine. At least while it's happening...and always happening...and that art can do that even later...its new enough not to destroy you.

Watery mirrors...lit portals...

Sometimes it's a shadow in reverse I see when I see Magik's portals, as if I once knew that the 'light on in the dark' was a place left open, a sanctuary and asylum away from 'here' away from nightmare and the indoor keep.

The best thing about New Mutants is, also, in that title, the way it's writ and written...that way, in yellow.
    Last edited by sungila; 09-28-2019 at 01:00 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Incredible Member

I know someone who remembers a scene of Illyana protecting Doug from a bully in a restaurant using her "Intimidating-Glance".

I've tried to go through all of The New Mutants, Uncanny X-Men, and their Annuals through the entire period Illyana & Doug were both alive, but I cannot find it.

I found a picture of it, but can't place the issue. (I thought the art looked like Paul Smith, but couldn't find it in UXM in that era.)

Any ideas?

I think this is a link to the picture:

https://images.app.goo.gl/6VmNMaZkxQafvCE29

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    I know someone who remembers a scene of Illyana protecting Doug from a bully in a restaurant using her "Intimidating-Glance".

I've tried to go through all of The New Mutants, Uncanny X-Men, and their Annuals through the entire period Illyana & Doug were both alive, but I cannot find it.

I found a picture of it, but can't place the issue. (I thought the art looked like Paul Smith, but couldn't find it in UXM in that era.)

Any ideas?

I think this is a link to the picture:

https://images.app.goo.gl/6VmNMaZkxQafvCE29
    That's from the first issue of the X-Men/Alpha Flight 2 issue mini that started Asgardian Wars.

Magik's new costume in FF is A) Really weird compared to the comic book version and B) Bonkers amazing.