Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The list includes people Rosenberg knew had to be alive, and doesn't include people maimed or depowered he knew had to be 100% by the time Hickman arrives.
    I honestly don't even think this is the case. IMO I think editorial basically told him "here's your cast, make them miserable because once Hickman arrives none of it matters anyway." It's possible that maybe they said "keep Wolverine and Cyclops alive for the finale" but that's about it.

I honestly think what's about to happen is going to mess with a lot of the Xmen universe in good and bad ways in the fan's eyes. Even though I just said "they'll all be back" I certainly fear it will because ten years from now someone is going to need some good storyline ideas and they'll want to cash in on people who miss people like Magik and Havok.

I thought this was the MAGIK Appreciation thread? Maybe lets get back on topic

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I honestly don't even think this is the case. IMO I think editorial basically told him "here's your cast, make them miserable because once Hickman arrives none of it matters anyway." It's possible that maybe they said "keep Wolverine and Cyclops alive for the finale" but that's about it.

I honestly think what's about to happen is going to mess with a lot of the Xmen universe in good and bad ways in the fan's eyes. Even though I just said "they'll all be back" I certainly fear it will because ten years from now someone is going to need some good storyline ideas and they'll want to cash in on people who miss people like Magik and Havok.

Magik's not gonna be gone that long. Marvel's EiC's two favorite characters of all time are Magik and Dani

Since it seems like Hickman is ignoring Rosencanny for now, what sort of role would y'all like Magik to play in House of X?

Honestly I'd love to see her on another small sized team. I get a little grief being such a fan of the Bendis Uncanny run, but honestly I loved how there was a core of four main figureheads and we could focus evenly on their interactions together rather than have a "star of the show" and 6-8 other supporting players that just showed up to punch things.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Well, if that's the case, then it's the editors fault for allowing such a mess, including letting characters that are supposed to be alive dead only to be resurrected off-panel.

Honestly I'd love to see her on another small sized team. I get a little grief being such a fan of the Bendis Uncanny run, but honestly I loved how there was a core of four main figureheads and we could focus evenly on their interactions together rather than have a "star of the show" and 6-8 other supporting players that just showed up to punch things.
    Bendis run had many problems, but was good for Illyana, and he wrote her well. Until that final horrible arc that had all that focus on Tempus, every issue felt like it was almost the Cyclops & Magik power-hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    every issue felt like it was almost the Cyclops & Magik power-hour.
    It was glorious! The best thing that Bendis could have done!

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I thought this was the MAGIK Appreciation thread? Maybe lets get back on topic
    Okay, the Darkchild version of Magik. What is your version of her?

Spectacular Member

What's the deal with the gem? Didn't that gem house a dimension? How many magic users are capable of doing that to Cain?

I also wonder if there is a potential Magik Cyttorak clash in the future? She's had several run ins with the (demon/god/abstract)? She also mentioned his name right before she crushed the gem. Although if she's stuck in her demon mode, I don't know how she'll possibly fit in x-men stories, unless everyone gains a major amp or she's a big bad villian or something along those lines. I always thought Illyana's human side is what made it kind of believable that she would struggle with most of the X-men's villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Okay, the Darkchild version of Magik. What is your version of her?
    I stated a few pages back I am a fan of Irving's version

Magik will be part of Wave 1 of Dawn of X starting in November in New Mutants by Hickman/Brisson & art by Reis...

NEWMUT2019001-DC11.jpg

Looking forward to it!

Incredible Member

Who is bottom left

OMG, I am so glad that Rosenberg's destruction of the New Mutants is being reversed. Rahne, Illyana, and Sunspot all got badly used in Rosenberg's run so it's wonderful to see the whole team together.

I wonder if Magik is leading the team or is Dani leading? Still it's going to be awesome to see them all together again.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Who is bottom left
    Mondo, from Generation X.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Who is bottom left
    Mondo, from Generation X.
    Its good that somebody is using him.
    I remember him being the traitor in Generation X. Not sure what happened to him after.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I wonder if Magik is leading the team or is Dani leading? Still it's going to be awesome to see them all together again.
    I'd say Magik is in front because she's the most popular. I don't see her as a leader. Since Hickman is writing, I hope it will be Sunspot.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

So stoked. Hickman writing New Mutants could be incredible for this franchise.