Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I really hope we dont lose our illyana/ mgik. Because of this new story they Are doing

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I thought it was a great part of Siege. Was it fan service? Sure. That doesn't discount it. I think it'd be interesting to see an Earth-616 take on this. Presumably it would have to involve some sort of time travel to when Leah was still Leah, because Magik / Hela might seem a little...
    Fan service or not, I really want more of this!! Like I said before...
    Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Yeah, both are like out of place you know. Leah was created for Loki's entertainment and Illyana was abused by a pedo sorcerer so this relationship makes sense. Also, Leah is technically the Queen of Hel (she's actually Hela) and Illyana is the Queen of Limbo, there's kind of royalty involved here.
    They're a really nice couple!

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    I really hope we dont lose our illyana/ mgik. Because of this new story they Are doing
    I'm nervous too, but honestly I've been in this rodeo long enough to know that if things go in a dramatic direction viewers don't like they usually find a way to bring someone back into the fold. All it takes is a new writer who misses a character to figure out a way to change course.

I mean Yana was dying and coming back before Logan and Scott made it look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I'm nervous too, but honestly I've been in this rodeo long enough to know that if things go in a dramatic direction viewers don't like they usually find a way to bring someone back into the fold. All it takes is a new writer who misses a character to figure out a way to change course.

I mean Yana was dying and coming back before Logan and Scott made it look cool.
    She was dead for almost 15 years

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    She was dead for almost 15 years
    Doug has her beat by two years.

What are everyone's thoughts of Illyana in Rosenberg's Uncanny?

I have to say, compared to Dead Souls, Uncanny has been very boring. While Magik has had a few cool moments like soloing Dark Beast, it doesn't really make up for the fact that the cast is so large, and story so rushed, that most of the characters get lost in the chaos...including Magik, who is one of Rosenberg's favorites.

Also, with Hickman's impending takeover, it has really neutered anything currently unfolding.

That's one of the reasons I like smaller cast runs, you get more interaction and character moments. if the cast is too big it becomes like someone playing with action figures with little point to major plot devices other than pew pew pew.

That being said I have liked her moments in Uncanny enough to keep interested. I just want to see how it all wraps up so we can do our collective facepalm and be done with it.

It's bard to really enjoy the last couple of months with the Hickman excitement train going full steam. It's a huge pet peeve of mine for Marvel. "YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW THIS ENDS IN MARCH IT WILL SHAKE THE FOUNDATIONS FOREVER!! Oh but since it's November let's talk about April's new revelation including covers that spoil the fact certain characters make it out of this seemingly hopeless battle alive!!"
    It bugs me that so much of the hype is there to convince the shops to preorder and it ends up killing any investment we had for the current turn of events.

BANNED

She’s had like three lines of dialogue so it’s hard to make an opinion.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

On one hand, she doesn't say much; on the other, Magik is the only competent person there, since everyone else has been portrayed as completely incompetent.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts of Illyana in Rosenberg's Uncanny?

I have to say, compared to Dead Souls, Uncanny has been very boring. While Magik has had a few cool moments like soloing Dark Beast, it doesn't really make up for the fact that the cast is so large, and story so rushed, that most of the characters get lost in the chaos...including Magik, who is one of Rosenberg's favorites.

Also, with Hickman's impending takeover, it has really neutered anything currently unfolding.
    I’m glad I didn’t bother with the current UXM. “New Mutants Dead Souls” has been mediocre at best for me. I guess UXM isn’t any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    On one hand, she doesn't say much; on the other, Magik is the only competent person there, since everyone else has been portrayed as completely incompetent.
    This is what annoys me when writers write their favorite characters in team books sometimes. It’s unfair for the rest of the characters.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    This is what annoys me when writers write their favorite characters in team books sometimes. It’s unfair for the rest of the characters.
    It was made even worse because Jim Zub wrote Cyclops in a Champions issue and the difference between a well written Scott and Rosenberg's version was like night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Fan service or not, I really want more of this!! Like I said before...

They're a really nice couple!
    Feels like a bit of a pipe dream, but crazier things have happened!

So this gal who has Yana's gear and Dani's hair and Piotr's metallic epidermis etc etc --- are we thinking she is some kind of Sinister cocktail?

Extraordinary Member

So what do people think of Illyana's big moment today? I think it's 100% in character given how she's been shown to feel about children.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So what do people think of Illyana's big moment today? I think it's 100% in character given how she's been shown to feel about children.
    Are we talking about the ceiling?
    I felt her actions were absolutely on brand, but the mechanics don't make sense to me with how her discs operate?
    What do you think?