Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Magik is queer according to Word of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Magik is queer according to Word of God.
    Which word?
    Which God?
    Witch God?

heh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Which word?
    Which God?
    Witch God?

heh.
    Rosenberg said he reads Magik as queer and that she is in love with Kitty.

Rosenberg: "Magik is queer"

Also Rosenberg, who has written 20 issues of teams starring Magik:
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

....... cute?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

And we should care about what Rosenberg says about anything because....?

I want proof that Magik is straight. She’s gay until proven hetero.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I want proof that Magik is straight. She’s gay until proven hetero.
    Like I said, there's really no definitive proof either way, and I really would be fine with whatever the writers choose (and I even think being bi would be a better choice, for the reasons I mentioned).

I just don't see why the word of Rosenberg, who not only didn't write New Mutants in the 80's (obviously), but also had Magik being surprised at the idea she can throw ideas for the other X-men to discuss when she saw being done and did it in a room with Namor, Emma and Magneto, and ignored that a major character progression for her in the 2010's was her going from menace that Scott has to attach a bomb to with the X-men's consent to integral part of the team and Cyke's trusted lieutenant on equal footing with Emma by the time Bendis' run ended to basically going back as a rookie that is not invited to the major decisions should be taken as gospel or proof of anything.

Ugh... As if I need another reason to avoid the X-books.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Ugh... Like if I need another reason to avoid the X-books.
    Yeah, I don't see how anyone that likes Illyana can support and like this idea. Makes her whole relationship with Piotr and Kitty look like she's a jilted lover manipulating and getting revenge on Piotr for Kitty preferring him; for example, that issue of Uncanny in which she reveals she could have freed him from Juggernaut anytime, but wanted him to suffer to see how she feels plays not like a little sister wanting her big brother to treat her like an adult instead of a delicate flower, but as a girl getting revenge on someone because the person she loves prefers him.

And of course the non-wedding issue of Gold is not a sister and friend worried about a wedding that will make the two of them unhappy, but as a manipulative bitch wanting to stop the wedding of the woman she loves without telling her the real reason, even if it breaks her brother's heart.

Maybe the PoX character is a creation of Limbo combining several X-Men characters and is a therefore a...

S'ymulacrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, I don't see how anyone that likes Illyana can support and like this idea. Makes her whole relationship with Piotr and Kitty look like she's a jilted lover manipulating and getting revenge on Piotr for Kitty preferring him; for example, that issue of Uncanny in which she reveals she could have freed him from Juggernaut anytime, but wanted him to suffer to see how she feels plays not like a little sister wanting her big brother to treat her like an adult instead of a delicate flower, but as a girl getting revenge on someone because the person she loves prefers him.

And of course the non-wedding issue of Gold is not a sister and friend worried about a wedding that will make the two of them unhappy, but as a manipulative bitch wanting to stop the wedding of the woman she loves without telling her the real reason, even if it breaks her brother's heart.
    is it that serious? Piotr’s her brother and Kitty’s her best friend and crush. It isn’t “toxic” or “manipulative” to voice your opinions if you’re asked to. But maybe you just have to be in that situation to get it, because a younger sibling having a crush on their older brother’s friend, boyfriend, girlfriend etc etc isn’t really anything new or crazy. Magik manipulating events to make her brother feel the same pain she did so they could finally relate to each other? That’s sociopathic. Telling your friend that you don’t think they are right to be married after being asked for your opinion multiple times? Not sociopathic. And it’s clear she was in the right because if all it took was someone telling you not to get married for it not to happen, then chances are you weren’t ready to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    is it that serious? Piotr’s her brother and Kitty’s her best friend and crush. It isn’t “toxic” or “manipulative” to voice your opinions if you’re asked to. But maybe you just have to be in that situation to get it, because a younger sibling having a crush on their older brother’s friend, boyfriend, girlfriend etc etc isn’t really anything new or crazy. Magik manipulating events to make her brother feel the same pain she did so they could finally relate to each other? That’s sociopathic. Telling your friend that you don’t think they are right to be married after being asked for your opinion multiple times? Not sociopathic. And it’s clear she was in the right because if all it took was someone telling you not to get married for it not to happen, then chances are you weren’t ready to begin with.
    If she's just a friend of Kitty, sure. However, if Illyana secretly in love with her and consciously or subconsciously resenting Piotr, then it's very hard to not see disturbing overtones. Of course the whole thing with Juggernaut was crazy in itself, but if you add "sister resenting brother because her love prefers him" it gains a whole new level of creepiness.

And yes, even if Kitty didn't really want to marry Colossus, it's still very creepy if Illyana talked her down and it's in love with her. Imagine if Jean did walk away from marrying Scott at the last minute because of a "pep talk" by Logan (or even Warren)? It certainly wouldn't be believable he did without self-interest, and would make him look like a dick.

Plus, there's the more practical aspect that it could lead someone to bring Colossus and Kitty together again just to explore a love triangle with Illyana, ugh.

And again, some people seem to assume every female relationship with Claremont was between two lesbians. Are both Illyana and Rachel supposed to be in love with Kitty, making her the biggest lesbian magnet in the history of comics (even more with Karma apparently had a crush on her later on, although I didn't read Mechanix to know for sure)?

Some people think Dani and Rahne were in love too, despite the fact both have been firmly established as straight, but there's certainly more evidence of that than Illyana being in love with Kitty, and also nothing in Magik's characterization or interactions with Kitty since she came back that indicates romantic feelings. Reminds me of that writer from that article about Rahne's death that not only thinks all that, but that Logan is an allegory for a trans man for some reason.

If or when the writers decide to have Illyana being romantically interested in someone, I'd prefer if that someone that doesn't open a whole can of worms.

I'd like to see her with Sunspot, but I doubt any writer would take the risk to have her involved with a male character, if they don't want to get harrassed.

But if she turns to be lesbian like in some reader's headcannon, I sure hope she will never, ever be with Shadowcat. She already spends too much time stuck with big sister Kitty and big brother Piotr.
    She needs to be free from those characters.
    Karma wouldn't be a great choice, considering how she manipulated her during Well's New Mutants. Somebody outside the X-books, maybe more on the mystic (good) side. Like Bloodstone or Kushala.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'd like to see her with Sunspot, but I doubt any writer would take the risk to have her involved with a male character, if they don't want to get harrassed.

But if she turns to be lesbian like in some reader's headcannon, I sure hope she will never, ever be with Shadowcat. She already spends too much time stuck with big sister Kitty and big brother Piotr.
    She needs to be free from those characters.
    Karma wouldn't be a great choice, considering how she manipulated her during Well's New Mutants. Somebody outside the X-books, maybe more on the mystic (good) side. Like Bloodstone or Kushala.
    I agree with all that actually. Roberto would actually be a good choice, since Illyana could use someone more extrovert, but before the whole thing in Rosenberg's mini, Karma would be a good choice too. The problem with Illyana is that it would be hard to see her dating someone outside the relatively small group of people she gets along well, since she doesn't let all that many people get close.