Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    OMG, I am so glad that Rosenberg's destruction of the New Mutants is being reversed. Rahne, Illyana, and Sunspot all got badly used in Rosenberg's run so it's wonderful to see the whole team together.

I wonder if Magik is leading the team or is Dani leading? Still it's going to be awesome to see them all together again.
    Or flatout ignored lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I stated a few pages back I am a fan of Irving's version

Magik will be part of Wave 1 of Dawn of X starting in November in New Mutants by Hickman/Brisson & art by Reis...

Attachment 84835

Looking forward to it!
    Interesting to see Magik back in black and it seems she's back to the boring looking soul sword design. I was a fan of the anime sized greatsword.

Extraordinary Member

Wonder if Magik losing her mutant power has anything to do with them having to go with the Starjammers in space. Probably not, but scrying in Limbo + one teleportation jaunt should be all it takes to find Sam and bring him back no matter where he is.

Really was never worried by how Rosenberg left things with metal Magik immediately around the corner and Hickman clearly ignoring so many of the deaths.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 07-21-2019 at 12:06 AM.

I'm soooo happy to see her old and proper Soulsword back!!! This soulsword.jpg will always trump this anime monstrosity 413ce96a0049e8247cf807915818f78e4384e1e2_00.jpg

Now if she could get her old Eldritch armor back over her black booty short costume.

Mighty Member

I can't agree cause the former is the definition of generic, to the point that it has zero consistency in design.

A character's signature weapon shouldn't be so unremarkable that people fail to draw it with any sort of uniformity. It's literally just sword.

Also it's weird to make that statement considering she's been using the original for the last I'd say year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I can't agree cause the former is the definition of generic, to the point that it has zero consistency in design.

A character's signature weapon shouldn't be so unremarkable that people fail to draw it with any sort of uniformity. It's literally just sword.

Also it's weird to make that statement considering she's been using the original for the last I'd say year or so.
    Yes, but that anime broad sword mostly goes with this particular costume. For the last year, she was in the standard training uniform. As for the design of the sword, nothing beats Art Adams rendition.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Yes, but that anime broad sword mostly goes with this particular costume. For the last year, she was in the standard training uniform. As for the design of the sword, nothing beats Art Adams rendition.
    See, I don't agree with that. PoX shows that that sword design looks fantastic with any number of loutfits. All you need to do is trim it down.

Which is why I hoped they kept that design. Cause its striking and easily recognizable.

And Art is a terrible reference point given that he doesn't even draw the default Soul Sword uniformly. It's generic to the point of lacking any identity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    See, I don't agree with that. PoX shows that that sword design looks fantastic with any number of loutfits. All you need to do is trim it down.

Which is why I hoped they kept that design. Cause its striking and easily recognizable.

And Art is a terrible reference point given that he doesn't even draw the default Soul Sword uniformly. It's generic to the point of lacking any identity.
    I think there’s a reason for the Soul Sword for being silver; it represents white magic.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I stated a few pages back I am a fan of Irving's version

Magik will be part of Wave 1 of Dawn of X starting in November in New Mutants by Hickman/Brisson & art by Reis...

Attachment 84835

Looking forward to it!

Ok.....Chamber & Rahne are alive, Karma is back with the team, and Illyana is out of Darkchylde form, and back to Magik. I assume that means that the deaths from the recent run are undone somehow?

Not a fan of the black appendages on Yana's head, but I can deal with them as long as she's back, and not in Limbo, figuratively and literally.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

RIP boob window
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    RIP boob window
    The boob window and the bare belly are the only things I don’t like about that design, so I’m fine with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chisob View Post
    What's the deal with the gem? Didn't that gem house a dimension? How many magic users are capable of doing that to Cain?
    The same number as "How many magic users have brought Dormammu to his knees begging for his life?”

One }:-)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    The same number as "How many magic users have brought Dormammu to his knees begging for his life?”

One }:-)
    She got lucky. If it weren't for her "damaged" mutant powers, she wouldn't have able to absorb Limbo literally.

Illyana's Bachalo design is her definitive modern look but it looks so jarring when the other NM are wearing training suits

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah. They really should've done the individual costume thing like in volume 1 and X-Force vol. 1.
    "Cable was right!"