Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is my favorite Decades variant that we have seen so far. Thanks for posting it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I loved the variant but I think it goes overboard with the cuteness.
    Yana is scary

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I loved the variant but I think it goes overboard with the cuteness.
    Yana is scary
    Fair point. Maybe something more like this.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

It’s funny how the happiest Magik on that cover is also the one who was by far the most amoral (Wells/Gillen).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It’s funny how the happiest Magik on that cover is also the one who was by far the most amoral (Wells/Gillen).
    I dunno, New X-men torturing Cebulski Magik was pretty damn amoral.

Incredible Member

Did anyone else briefly get the impression Magik was part of the mission of HoX this week, given a blonde with bangs in a cloak?

(Everyone over at HoX Spoilers #3 felt strategically that Magik should be on the mission, but given that she's OP even to fight Mother Molds, that it might take away the suspense.)

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    Did anyone else briefly get the impression Magik was part of the mission of HoX this week, given a blonde with bangs in a cloak?

(Everyone over at HoX Spoilers #3 felt strategically that Magik should be on the mission, but given that she's OP even to fight Mother Molds, that it might take away the suspense.)
    Nope, not at all. That blonde was always Paige as she was on the cover that was released weeks ago. Magik isnt there bc she'd make Kurt redundant and Hickman clearly has a story reason why he was used for this role

As far as we know, Yana is still stomping around in Darkchilde form. Until they show us more pod people... cough... mutants, we can't assume everyone's all safe and tidy in Krakoa right now.

BTW, got my Magik tattoo this weekend. Once it heals I'll post a pic!

Extraordinary Member

Magik could never have been part of this mission. The story as is could not work with someone like her around.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Magik could never have been part of this mission. The story as is could not work with someone like her around.
    I found myself muttering throughout the whole issue...well if Magik would have been there! Ha. But you are right, bringing her along would have made a quick & boring story.

Brining Magik along may have made for a quick and boring story, but as I was reading House of X #4 I kept thinking about how silly it was that Magik and some of the other mutants like Magneto weren't there. Magik not being there was so obviously a bad decision that it kind of distracted me from the story, and I lost my ability to suspend disbelief a little bit while I read the comic.
    Still managed to enjoy the story though.

BANNED

Maybe Magik didn't feel like going on a suicide mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Maybe Magik didn't feel like going on a suicide mission.
    Well, Magik could probably be cold and pragmatic enough to not go on a mission if she thought that it was suicide and leave the other X-Men to die. But, I don't think that it would be a suicide mission if she were there. And, I think that she is brave and tough enough to go on a mission if she knows that she will likely win.
    Unless my understanding of her is off.

Hopefully it's not a spoiler to some to say that I think the X-Men as we see them are "pod people" and a clone of the "best" version of that character in X's eyes. So like Jean is the "teenaged" version pre-Phoenix etc (which is why she comes off so feeble)...

So the Magik we see in New Mutants is actually a younger "pod" version. The fact she is using the old SoulSword (which Rod says wasn't his design choice) and has an outfit that is "less mature" (no boob window) is what makes me think this. She also appears a little more feminine in the pictures we've seen than the battle worn "older" versions of recent years.

My other theory is that what we're reading in HOXPOX she's still stomping around as Darkchilde and when Moira "Resets" at the end of this 12 issue arch she's a younger version of Yanna (even Rahne looks younger IMO).

Mighty Member

I think you're thinking to much in that.

If she's a younger Illyana based on his ideals, she wouldn't be wearing her post Xavier outfit. He'd have no frame of reference for it. Cause he was dead.