Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 628
  1. #496
    Fantastic Member Maestro 216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    OMG, I am so glad that Rosenberg's destruction of the New Mutants is being reversed. Rahne, Illyana, and Sunspot all got badly used in Rosenberg's run so it's wonderful to see the whole team together.

    I wonder if Magik is leading the team or is Dani leading? Still it's going to be awesome to see them all together again.
    Or flatout ignored lol

  2. #497
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I stated a few pages back I am a fan of Irving's version

    Magik will be part of Wave 1 of Dawn of X starting in November in New Mutants by Hickman/Brisson & art by Reis...

    Attachment 84835

    Looking forward to it!
    Interesting to see Magik back in black and it seems she's back to the boring looking soul sword design. I was a fan of the anime sized greatsword.

  3. #498
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,505

    Default

    Wonder if Magik losing her mutant power has anything to do with them having to go with the Starjammers in space. Probably not, but scrying in Limbo + one teleportation jaunt should be all it takes to find Sam and bring him back no matter where he is.

    Really was never worried by how Rosenberg left things with metal Magik immediately around the corner and Hickman clearly ignoring so many of the deaths.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 07-21-2019 at 12:06 AM.

  4. #499
    Spectacular Member Alphaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    236

    Default

    I'm soooo happy to see her old and proper Soulsword back!!! This soulsword.jpg will always trump this anime monstrosity 413ce96a0049e8247cf807915818f78e4384e1e2_00.jpg

    Now if she could get her old Eldritch armor back over her black booty short costume.

  5. #500
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    238

    Default

    I can't agree cause the former is the definition of generic, to the point that it has zero consistency in design.

    A character's signature weapon shouldn't be so unremarkable that people fail to draw it with any sort of uniformity. It's literally just sword.

    Also it's weird to make that statement considering she's been using the original for the last I'd say year or so.

  6. #501
    Spectacular Member Alphaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I can't agree cause the former is the definition of generic, to the point that it has zero consistency in design.

    A character's signature weapon shouldn't be so unremarkable that people fail to draw it with any sort of uniformity. It's literally just sword.

    Also it's weird to make that statement considering she's been using the original for the last I'd say year or so.
    Yes, but that anime broad sword mostly goes with this particular costume. For the last year, she was in the standard training uniform. As for the design of the sword, nothing beats Art Adams rendition.

  7. #502
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Yes, but that anime broad sword mostly goes with this particular costume. For the last year, she was in the standard training uniform. As for the design of the sword, nothing beats Art Adams rendition.
    See, I don't agree with that. PoX shows that that sword design looks fantastic with any number of loutfits. All you need to do is trim it down.

    Which is why I hoped they kept that design. Cause its striking and easily recognizable.

    And Art is a terrible reference point given that he doesn't even draw the default Soul Sword uniformly. It's generic to the point of lacking any identity.

  8. #503
    Incredible Member 244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    See, I don't agree with that. PoX shows that that sword design looks fantastic with any number of loutfits. All you need to do is trim it down.

    Which is why I hoped they kept that design. Cause its striking and easily recognizable.

    And Art is a terrible reference point given that he doesn't even draw the default Soul Sword uniformly. It's generic to the point of lacking any identity.
    I think there’s a reason for the Soul Sword for being silver; it represents white magic.

  9. #504
    Incredible Member CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex County, NJ
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I stated a few pages back I am a fan of Irving's version

    Magik will be part of Wave 1 of Dawn of X starting in November in New Mutants by Hickman/Brisson & art by Reis...

    Attachment 84835

    Looking forward to it!

    Ok.....Chamber & Rahne are alive, Karma is back with the team, and Illyana is out of Darkchylde form, and back to Magik. I assume that means that the deaths from the recent run are undone somehow?

    Not a fan of the black appendages on Yana's head, but I can deal with them as long as she's back, and not in Limbo, figuratively and literally.

  10. #505
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,794

    Default

    RIP boob window
    "Cable was right!"

  11. #506
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    RIP boob window
    The boob window and the bare belly are the only things I don’t like about that design, so I’m fine with it.

  12. #507
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chisob View Post
    What's the deal with the gem? Didn't that gem house a dimension? How many magic users are capable of doing that to Cain?
    The same number as "How many magic users have brought Dormammu to his knees begging for his life?

    One }:-)

  13. #508
    Incredible Member 244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    The same number as "How many magic users have brought Dormammu to his knees begging for his life?”

    One }:-)
    She got lucky. If it weren't for her "damaged" mutant powers, she wouldn't have able to absorb Limbo literally.

  14. #509
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,930

    Default

    Illyana's Bachalo design is her definitive modern look but it looks so jarring when the other NM are wearing training suits

  15. #510
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,794

    Default

    Yeah. They really should've done the individual costume thing like in volume 1 and X-Force vol. 1.
    "Cable was right!"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •