Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1127
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Especially as the Thieves Guild/s are getting some exposure lately. Has it ever been implied that the guild leaders for each city that has one are gifted with immortality by their "universal patron" as implied in "Black Cat"? So Remy's dad is immortal?
    Ah man that was established way back in the 90's with the whole tithe thing! Jean-Luc's catching up to Logan in years!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Cool. The current "Black Cat" run is my first brush with the notion of immortal thieves in Marvel.

The arc baddie Odessa Drake framed it nicely in her issue 7 monologue: thieves steal things because they WANT them and are skilled enough to TAKE them, and immortality is the logical ultimate thing a thief could WANT, but can never TAKE, only be GIVEN.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Cool. The current "Black Cat" run is my first brush with the notion of immortal thieves in Marvel.

The arc baddie Odessa Drake framed it nicely in her issue 7 monologue: thieves steal things because they WANT them and are skilled enough to TAKE them, and immortality is the logical ultimate thing a thief could WANT, but can never TAKE, only be GIVEN.
    Ah cool! Well, might I recommend...literally all the Gambit collections.

Like seriously: Classic Gambit vol 1 and 2, plus both Gambit complete collections, plus "The Trial of Gambit" plus the issue he gets in the Weapon-X hardback! It's joy incarnate--heartbreaking as hell, but in the best way! And he gets a good role in Chris Claremont's "Revolution"!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Thanks. I'll try "scrounging" when I have time.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Incredible Member

So...

Marvel editorial decides we need more Glob, and less Magik.

I've heard that writers and artists are fighting over Illyana.

Why not have Magik in several books, with the New Mutants, and also with the Extinction Teams, and with the High Council, and with Kitty? Even if it's just a couple panels of each as she comes and goes.

Logan & Peter Parker can't teleport, much less time-travel, but they've each been a central character in five books at once.

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post

Why not have Magik in several books, with the New Mutants, and also with the Extinction Teams, and with the High Council, and with Kitty? Even if it's just a couple panels of each as she comes and goes.
    We got Illyana to spend some time with people who are not Kitty or Piotr, for once. I'd like it to stay like that.
    Hopefully, once back on earth, she will be too busy in Strange Academy to waste her time with them.

I'm all for her to pop up in X-Men (she will in a few issues, right?) as long as she doesn't commit the capital crime of double team membership.

It's a shame that all generations of "new mutants" have to share a single comics, indeed. But at least, that justifies the double shipping every month. The other ongoings should do the same thing, and alternate between two line-ups too.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    We got Illyana to spend some time with people who are not Kitty or Piotr, for once. I'd like it to stay like that.
    Hopefully, once back on earth, she will be too busy in Strange Academy to waste her time with them.

I'm all for her to pop up in X-Men (she will in a few issues, right?) as long as she doesn't commit the capital crime of double team membership.
    Right now, Gateway is making appearances as group utility teleporter in multiple X-books

I don't see why Illyana can't be in two panels in three titles a month to do group teleports, kick ass, make snide remarks, and then zip away.

For example: Magik's complete appearance in Death of X #3.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by G0RM; 12-10-2019 at 03:51 AM.

I'm already happy with her being a main team member in New Mutants, and a possible support character in Strange Academy.
    There are almost a dozen of mutant teleporters we don't see often, I'd say let them have some spotlights.

I'd rather have the writers use her when they need some magic exorcism. This is something not many people can do as well as her. That's maybe why she'll be in a Brood story, after all.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Amazing Member

I'm already happy with her being a main team member in New Mutants, and a possible support character in Strange Academy.
    There are almost a dozen of mutant teleporters we don't see often, I'd say let them have some spotlights.

I'd rather have the writers use her when they need some magic exorcism. This is something not many people can do as well as her. That's maybe why she'll be in a Brood story, after all.
    Yes I agree what about Ariel, Lila Cheney, etc can pull the slack and let Illyana be the magic background for the island or have her be a battle teleport with nightcrawler in battle situation

BANNED

I agree that Illyana doesn’t need to be a one-woman Department of Transportation. While I do like her as a captain, it wouldn’t be my first choice. As the ruler of an entire Hell dimension, she makes sense on the Quiet Council. She should be much more involved in the mystical defense of Krakoa as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I agree that Illyana doesn’t need to be a one-woman Department of Transportation. While I do like her as a captain, it wouldn’t be my first choice. As the ruler of an entire Hell dimension, she makes sense on the Quiet Council. She should be much more involved in the mystical defense of Krakoa as well.
    "Department of Transportation"
    Heh, heh :-)

I guess I'm just eager to see her, and utility teleporter seemed like a good choice

Quiet Council & Department of Intelligence (Scrying Mirrors in Limbo seeing throughout all of Time and Space) would be better

Of course, my favorite would have been "battle teleporter": if the armed parachuters on the mission to assassinate Charles has vanished in midair through stepping disks into the boardrooms, bedrooms, and bathrooms of the event planners across the next week
    Last edited by G0RM; 12-10-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Incredible Member

Illyana 'Making Omlets' with Brood Eggs.

BANNED

Nice outfit.

why did xavier and his cops put this fashion queen in a training uniform
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

why she trying to kill Dani?