Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Curious face....paint(?) as well.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Saw this Magik design and had to share it. It's really unique and I love it!

https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...38809025032192
    I like that the artist put her hair spike ornament at more of an angle instead of jutting straight out from her head, and I like the idea of a balanced black and white costume as a sort of representation of the duality of her character. Nice boots all around. The Rogue look reminds me of those five character redesigns that were circulating a while back, forget the artists name.

Fantastic Member

Saw this Magik design and had to share it. It's really unique and I love it!

https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...38809025032192
    I would buy that comicbook. Make that a new team of X-men and let's see the chaos ensue, with Piotr and Logan trying to keep everyone else from doing something stupid.. and awesome.

Mighty Member

Ha, I hear you. I think I'd just ditch a buckle or two, and get rid of the "lip" on the thighs from the... socks? Boots? It's such a bold redesign, I wouldn't want to lose too much.

I wonder what her hair antenna being straight up means for Illyana? Is it like cat's tails?
    She's the team transport, so it seems appropriate that she's sports a "router" look.

Not digging her in white. I feel that would be better had it been red

While I may not be a huge fan of the outfit, I love the fact that Illyana is even included in this!

There have been more and more instances of Illyana showing up with the "popular" characters in fan-art. If I have time tonight, I will fish out some of my favorites I have stumbled upon!

And while I know it is just fan-art and what not, it is still awesome to see how over the last 7-8 years, Magik has become quite popular & seemingly more recognized as an official X-Man.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    While I may not be a huge fan of the outfit, I love the fact that Illyana is even included in this!

There have been more and more instances of Illyana showing up with the "popular" characters in fan-art. If I have time tonight, I will fish out some of my favorites I have stumbled upon!

And while I know it is just fan-art and what not, it is still awesome to see how over the last 7-8 years, Magik has become quite popular & seemingly more recognized as an official X-Man.
    This.....the reason is because she is an amazing character with a wonderful backstory, cool power set, and just stands out. I love seeing her inclusion in fan art, too since she was brought back in the comics. Not a surprise, though, and again proves how puzzling a decision it was to remove her back in the original New Mutants run and then kill her off.....

Spectacular Member

I can't decide if I like her outfit or not...BUT, I do love this team!
    Solid crew!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    This.....the reason is because she is an amazing character with a wonderful backstory, cool power set, and just stands out. I love seeing her inclusion in fan art, too since she was brought back in the comics. Not a surprise, though, and again proves how puzzling a decision it was to remove her back in the original New Mutants run and then kill her off.....
    Harrass had a personal vendetta against the New Mutants and wanted to get rid of all of them. Only Cannonball, Sunspot and Wolfsbane really survived his culling.

Since there was a lot of speculation about who "Steel Magik" is, I wanted to clear Illyana's name

The woman in question is Rasputin, a chimera (genetically produced mutant using DNA from multiple x-genes) created by Sinister in the breeding pits on Mars.

She is comprised of DNA from Quentin Quire, Colossus, Shadowcat, Unus, & X-23...No DNA directly from Illyana.

So how she is wielding the Soul Sword is anyone's guess. Another poster theorized that since the Soul Sword transferred to Kitty after Illyana's death at the hands of The Beyonder, that Kitty's DNA allows Rasputin to access it now. Maybe, maybe not

we dont know if its the same soul sword

Since there was a lot of speculation about who "Steel Magik" is, I wanted to clear Illyana's name

The woman in question is Rasputin, a chimera (genetically produced mutant using DNA from multiple x-genes) created by Sinister in the breeding pits on Mars.

She is comprised of DNA from Quentin Quire, Colossus, Shadowcat, Unus, & X-23...No DNA directly from Illyana.

So how she is wielding the Soul Sword is anyone's guess. Another poster theorized that since the Soul Sword transferred to Kitty after Illyana's death at the hands of The Beyonder, that Kitty's DNA allows Rasputin to access it now. Maybe, maybe not
    Well, there's still that cover from Powers of X #3 that showed Cardinal and Rasputin as Kurt & Illyana

Extraordinary Member

It could be that Illyana is the base and all of the other DNA is what was grafted on top of that. Regardless, it's clear that she's based mostly on Illyana at the conceptual level.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Well, there's still that cover from Powers of X #3 that showed Cardinal and Rasputin as Kurt & Illyana
    Oh I thought they got the coloring wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Oh I thought they got the coloring wrong
    I believe it is a lenticular cover. View it from the left, it is Kurt & Illyana (or people who look like them)...From the right, Cardinal & Rasputin.