Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I doubt that's Magik.

Extraordinary Member

There's a lot that's weird about that picture, like baby Havok and 2 Wolverines. Looks like Magik and Colossus might be combined into 1.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    There's a lot that's weird about that picture, like baby Havok and 2 Wolverines. Looks like Magik and Colossus might be combined into 1.
    Looks like a lot of eras merged together, the baby Havok is one of Mojo's X-Babies, and the character on the right looks like an "amalgam" of Dani Moonstar, Illyanna and Colossus.
    But the best question is who's the woman on the bench?

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

It looks like there are two different Nightcrawlers as well, unless one is a character I don't know. All the way on the right is a red-skinned character wearing an outfit that resembles Nightcrawlers, and then there is Nightcrawler by Professor X.

Also, I see Marvel Girl, and Phoenix. Is it Jean Grey as Phoenix, or Rachel as Phoenix?

Two Storms as well....I see Mohawk Storm, and then young Storm by the red Nightcrawler.

Ultimate Member

The Phoenix has the face hound marks so it's Rachel...the view is that its Moira on the bench beside Charles and Magneto...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Looks like a lot of eras merged together, the baby Havok is one of Mojo's X-Babies, and the character on the right looks like an "amalgam" of Dani Moonstar, Illyanna and Colossus.
    But the best question is who's the woman on the bench?
    The ’amalgam' theory seems correct to me, since Colossus, Dani, and Magik are nowhere else to be seen, and the combined character is one of the largest & most distinct illustrations.

I hope very much that ”War of Realms” doesn't have Magik as a casualty, with the SoulSword and powers passing to Dani like they used to go to Kitty.

Between the ”What If?", Rosenberg's fondness for her, and ”The New Mutants” movie coming out, I doubt Illyana will be dying in anything smaller and less dedicated than ”Inferno II”, but I worry, given her last long, long death...

I worry...

there's actually 3 Wolverines. New X-men era, Weapon X and 80s Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I doubt that's Magik.
    I agree, I feel like people are missing that it's Dani Moonstar's head on that body. Not even saying it's her, but people are quick to jump at the Magik Sword and Pitor steel skin and don't see the braids.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I agree, I feel like people are missing that it's Dani Moonstar's head on that body. Not even saying it's her, but people are quick to jump at the Magik Sword and Pitor steel skin and don't see the braids.
    There's more than just the sword that's taken from Magik. One of her arms is clearly covered in her armor and not Colossus' skin, and other details of the costume of taken from Magik as well. But the Moonstar influence is also there.

Thats a new character. She's neither Magik nor Dani

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats a new character. She's neither Magik nor Dani
    So what do we think becomes of both Magik and Dani moving forward? Do we expect them to remain in Uncanny X-Men?

sigh......I guess my hope to never see again that ugly Bachalo soulsword/paddle was all in vain
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    So what do we think becomes of both Magik and Dani moving forward? Do we expect them to remain in Uncanny X-Men?
    With any kind of teaser art like this, it's made to create excitement and discussion. So really, it's likely nothing happened to either of them. For all we know there is an appearance of this character in 5 pages of an issue showing some hypothetical alternative future character that we never see again.

Incredible Member

I hope it's not a Sapna thing...

Officially, either Sapna is inside it (and Illyana could make her a new body, like she did with Xian's brother), or the World Eater pretending to be Sapna is.

Presumably, if she really wanted to, Illyana could eat people's power & attach them to her SoulSword, like stepping disks are attached to it, and other people holding the SoulSword can use them.

Given that a cross time version of Colossus died with a SoulSword, extra armor powers might be attached in addition to the SoulArmour, and if Dani dies holding the SoulSword, or Illyana does...

(Given that SoulArmour & Intimidating Gaze have been powers Illyana has shown many times, and time travel is associated with the SoulSword, it would be a weird and self-consistent BackStory to the mysterious SoulArmour if it's related to her brother's power eaten & sent backward in time to protect her, Kitty etc.)

(Regarding linked powers, it occurred to me recently that the link to Kitty might be because Kitty pulled her out of Limbo that first time back in UXM v1 #160.

BANNED

I think it's Kitty and Colossus' daughter.