Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    I hope it's not a Sapna thing...

Officially, either Sapna is inside it (and Illyana could make her a new body, like she did with Xian's brother), or the World Eater pretending to be Sapna is.

Presumably, if she really wanted to, Illyana could eat people's power & attach them to her SoulSword, like stepping disks are attached to it, and other people holding the SoulSword can use them.

Given that a cross time version of Colossus died with a SoulSword, extra armor powers might be attached in addition to the SoulArmour, and if Dani dies holding the SoulSword, or Illyana does...

(Given that SoulArmour & Intimidating Gaze have been powers Illyana has shown many times, and time travel is associated with the SoulSword, it would be a weird and self-consistent BackStory to the mysterious SoulArmour if it's related to her brother's power eaten & sent backward in time to protect her, Kitty etc.)

(Regarding linked powers, it occurred to me recently that the link to Kitty might be because Kitty pulled her out of Limbo that first time back in UXM v1 #160.
    Sapna who? I don't think we have to worry about that plot line ever being brought up again. And that is for the best.

It’s a new character, not Sapna.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It’s a new character, not Sapna.
    I don't think the character pictured there is Sapna or the World Eater, but rather I speculate about powers being transferred along with the SoulSword (like stepping disk powers & SoulArmour have been shown to be) and since Sapna's soul was trapped inside, potentially her powerset might be as well, or Old Man Colossus's powers might go with the SoulSword he had when he died, or perhaps all the powers of all deceased wielders up and down and across the Timestreams are held trapped along with splinters of their imprisoned Souls.
    Last edited by G0RM; 04-05-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Sapna who?
    Hahaha yeah, same.
    I hated that storyline or whatever

If there was ever to be a youngling that Yana took under her wing, it should've been Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    I don't think the character pictured there is Sapna or the World Eater, but rather I speculate about powers being transferred along with the SoulSword (like stepping disk powers & SoulArmour have been shown to be) and since Sapna's soul was trapped inside, potentially her powerset might be as well, or Old Man Colossus's powers might go with the SoulSword he had when he died, or perhaps all the powers of all deceased wielders up and down and across the Timestreams are held trapped along with splinters of their imprisoned Souls.
    that was such a horrible storyline and I really dont see Hickman following up on it

Last edited by sungila; 04-08-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

The left arm reminds me Rachel's costume:

My guess: she's the daughter of Peter and Kitty.
    Illyanna's niece and Rachel's goddaughter.

Looks like a manga space opera.

Peter and Kitty's daughter as raised by Moonstar? I guess I'm not sure how to explain the hairdo. It's absolutely intentional.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Was there a scene with Phoenix Yana sporting red belly chevrons and golden wrap?

I think she was standing by the fields of Siberian grain holding out the SoulSword, looking annoyed at a telepathic communication.
    Last edited by G0RM; 04-08-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Hmmm...Looks intriguing, but I need more!

I would like to see actual Illyana being used and not some descendant/amalgam/imitation in her place.

Incredible Member

Aha!

I found the image I was thinking of, Illyana & Colossus with the Phoenix 5 powers, with a similar red gold black motif.

https://images.app.goo.gl/3ifiotsmM6suqUjC7

In TNM v1, there were several times when Kitty inherited the SoulSword, SoulArmour, and Beatrice Medallion from Illyana.

If the inheritance had changed, or if Kitty were Dead when Illyana died, I can easily imagine Dani as the next in line of succession (certainly before Amanda Sefton)

If this is Dani, having inherited the SoulSword from Illyana, I could imagine that it could carry all the powers of those who had held it, including Colossonautoenix and Magikoenix (Given that it broke the Juggernaut powerset in Limbo, could it hold a fragment of Cyttorak's powers within?)

I don't expect Magik to be Dead right when The New Mutants movie comes out, but stranger things have happened... (If she martyrs in the film, it would make extra sense)

Incredible Member

Here's a stack of all of the Phoenix 5 and their red gold black suits, with chevrons.

https://images.app.goo.gl/iCKwKHYnf6E3zPET7
    Last edited by G0RM; 04-08-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Okay, so I'm saying this solicited POX Illyana is her Athame incarnate, see her sword...look at her...see what I see?

Regardless of the arithmetic or alchemy or how the pieces fit...when a person becomes their instrument and that instrument is a sword...I would guess that she has become vengeance, she has become resolve final and absolute, sheath shed like a spent husk, there is (I'm assuming) hell to pay (there always is) and who else could possibly (like-Shiva in a winter fur) scorch the field? Illyana is going to end any potential for an elder ever after.

And if by chance she's avenging the deaths or the belief of the deaths of those she's loved...wouldn't she also become the image of them...soulfriendsword. Parasitic purpose. Limbo is inside her, isn't it...that's a place where her brother's body hangs on the wall like a coat of pierced armor...a lost kite...a spent ballon...some knight's shell...maybe she puts it on? Or holds the string, knotting, like a wick pulled from the paraffin...

And stuff...like, huh, maybe for some mutants secondary mutations don't sneak up or surprise...maybe there's something about Illyana that makes every transformative passing minute...heroic. Eternity by eternity. Every second passing by the point of a blade.

Of course I don't think any of this makes sense! What's Limbo smell like? When senses make sense only in life or in death as life perceives it...but who could say about the in between...in a windless place which way does the smoke bend...what breath stokes that flame? If you let go of the string....is there anyplace to fall?
    Last edited by sungila; 04-11-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCjYFmGc5Lc

XM Studios is doing a Magik sculpt this year. Holy cow it the detail cool. Also has a "non-darkchild" version of the head. Seeing how most of us won't be dropping the $1150 to buy her, I thought you'd all like to see it.