Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Every writer since Magik came back has ignored the immunity to telepathy plot, so people just have to let go of that, or self-canon like "she's just pretending she doesn't know who Emma is" or "she pretended she didn't know Cyclops was dead in Death of X". It's just not part of her powerset anymore.
    Depends, in New Mutants Emma psi blasted Magiks astral projection when she came snooping for Kitty back in the 80s

BTW Rosenberg also made Demon Magik look ten times edgier than her last appearance in Inferno 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    BTW Rosenberg also made Demon Magik look ten times edgier than her last appearance in Inferno 2015.
    Darkchylde's physical appearance was most likely Larroca's interpretation...and not a very good one at that.

I thought Gorham and Irving had great designs.

Every artist seems to have their own idea of how the Darkchylde should look....and the soul sword, and the stepping discs, and the bangs

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Every writer since Magik came back has ignored the immunity to telepathy plot, so people just have to let go of that, or self-canon like "she's just pretending she doesn't know who Emma is" or "she pretended she didn't know Cyclops was dead in Death of X". It's just not part of her powerset anymore.
    Illyana's mind was unreadable at least through the bomb jacket phase, and maybe up to Dormammu. Emma couldn't read her mind while evaluating her except for a glimpse that Illyana allowed. Up through freeing Piotr, she was inscrutable, a major thematic point being that no one understood the plots she was running, or whether she was trustworthy.

During Bendis' run, the Cuckoos mentioned that they never tried to read Magik's mind because it was so scary in there.

If there was a transition to losing psi resistance, it was probably the reboot after Secret Wars 3. On the other hand, Illyana was fairly resistant to psi during Dead Souls, shrugging off Tran's influence after a short period.

Recently, writers have been letting street level thugs and soldiers to be psi immune, but not Illyana: both were required so that the plot could go forward, rather than being instantly stopped. I think of it as 'Lazy Writers Syndrome' to nerf aspects of characters to simplify plots. Perfectionist writers create using every bit of all of continuity, like Zebb Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Darkchylde's physical appearance was most likely Larroca's interpretation...and not a very good one at that.

I thought Gorham and Irving had great designs.

Every artist seems to have their own idea of how the Darkchylde should look....and the soul sword, and the stepping discs, and the bangs
    Well, I actually liked a lot Salvador Larroca´s Darkchylde version... the best one up to now in my opinion.
    Last edited by darkalamator; 07-04-2019 at 04:19 AM.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Can a sistah' get a scan?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can a sistah' get a scan?

Thank you, beautiful!!

So. Some thoughts. Illyana's "mutant" side. I interpret that statement as "mutant" being substituted for what would typically be "human".
    So if Scott were to say "Illyana's human side was the only thing holding it back" I feel most folks would be like "Yeah, okay. Her humanity was lost so.....yeah. Darkchild. That math adds up."
    But, instead he said mutant. Which, for me, with it being Scott Summers and the whole mutant vs human thing, I'm fine with this word choice. It doesn't make sense in conjunction with the narrative necessarily hahahaha, but I understand the semantics. <shrug>

So yeah. I get the intention behind the word choice, but its very much intention vs. successful execution.
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-04-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Thank you, beautiful!!

So. Some thoughts. Illyana's "mutant" side. I interpret that statement as "mutant" being substituted for what would typically be "human".
    So if Scott were to say "Illyana's human side was the only thing holding it back" I feel most folks would be like "Yeah, okay. Her humanity was lost so.....yeah. Darkchild. That math adds up."
    But, instead he said mutant. Which, for me, with it being Scott Summers and the whole mutant vs human thing, I'm fine with this word choice. It doesn't make sense in conjunction with the narrative necessarily hahahaha, but I understand the semantics. <shrug>

So yeah. I get the intention behind the word choice, but its very much intention vs. successful execution.
    Aren’t you the least bit concerned with what will happen to her given the last issue? I don’t know...unless this was part of “the plan” that Emma shared with Hope who then shared with others, this might not be so good for Magik.

Mighty Member

She's Darkchylde, big whoop.

Unless they for some reason kill her, she'll be back to normal before the year's end.

Extraordinary Member

You can see the rest the 'scene' here.

https://insidepulse.com/2019/07/03/m...rs-of-x-looms/

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    Aren’t you the least bit concerned with what will happen to her ....?
    Short answer: No

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    Aren’t you the least bit concerned with what will happen to her given the last issue? I don’t know...unless this was part of “the plan” that Emma shared with Hope who then shared with others, this might not be so good for Magik.

I understand your concern, but with the way heroes are killed and then return, I'm sure we'll be seeing Illyana/Magik back soon.

Not to go off topic, but there's a part of me that thinks we'll not only see Magik back, but all those heroes killed in the recent Uncanny X-Men, as well as the return of those who decided to leave, like Karma.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I do not like Larroca's take on the Darkchylde. She's scary-looking but...the multiple horns and tails(?) is a tad overkill.

Irving or bust!

001.jpg