Page 29 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Explained as in...Do they actually come out of her skull? Or, are they purely cosmetic? How do they stay on? What are their purpose other than to 'represent' horns and 'looks Kewl'?
    I admit it's not my favourite Illyana look by any stretch...the booty shorts, the giant soul blade, the head thingies...as I think Bachalo is extremely over-rated as a designer.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-10-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I mean, they’re supposed to represent devil horns. What else is there that needs to be explained? It certainly makes more sense than Magik running around in a children’s uniform despite having the ability to create her own clothes.
    what are they? I dont see a head band on her and it never made sense how those stick out of her head when its clothing, not a piece of her body

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Explained as in...Do they actually come out of her skull? Or, are they purely cosmetic? How do they stay on? What are their purpose other than to 'represent' horns and 'looks Kewl'?
    I admit it's not my favourite Illyana look by any stretch...the booty shorts, the giant soul blade, the head thingies...as I think Bachalo is extremely over-rated as a designer.
    Nah, I dont think there was ever any explanation, just as there wasnt for her new FF7 sword. I think Bachalo just thought his redesign was cool and ran with it even if it dint make much sense

I love Bachalo's Magik!

So glad we ended up with the design we did instead of his first interpretation with the mini-skirt.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thank you, Havok83.

Eh isn't it just a headdress, like the one Storm usually wears? I dislike the boob window + booty shorts combo but the Bachalo design is pretty much iconic

I thought it was cute when artists incorporated the horns into casual clothing, like here: (ignore the kittylossus)

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Eh isn't it just a headdress, like the one Storm usually wears? I dislike the boob window + booty shorts combo but the Bachalo design is pretty much iconic

I thought it was cute when artists incorporated the horns into casual clothing, like here: (ignore the kittylossus)

What are you talking about? Peter and Kitty rock together. It's just a matter of time before they get back into a relationship. Trust me, the weird Illayna/Kitty fanfiction a bunch of you are shooting for is not going to happen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    When Matthew Malloy vaporized Illyana and Scott down to their skeletons, Illyana's "horns" remained visible and were attached directly to her skull. I suppose one could argue that Matthew left them intact because he like the way they looked. Maybe they're just magical constructs Illyana accessorizes with when she's in costume.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I agree, and am a bit more bummed we didn't see the look he put on the cover of Uncanny 1 where it looks like she's in armor. I LOVE Bachalo's art (and the arm armor with the spikes), but I don't believe Magik as a character would have gone with a boob window or booty shorts, esp when she's ripped on Emma for wearing about as much.

As for the "horns" I think they are cool in Bachalo's look but I think it's a hair accessory. I appreciate the notice that the frame with her being vaporized has them attached to the skull, but I think perhaps they wanted to make sure the viewer recognized who was being killed in that frame and it was an easy way to pull that off.

Extraordinary Member

Malloy didn't vaporize them. It was Shield that launched a billion missiles at them to get at Malloy.

anyone have a scan of that skeleton Yana?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    anyone have a scan of that skeleton Yana?
    A little small, but here it is...

Capture01.JPG
    Last edited by Andru; 07-11-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Interesting, it's pretty unnecessary that her headgear appears now that we can see it here. The fact the text spells it out and the Eye is sitting there is all the viewer needs.

Maybe Bachalo loves our Yana to the death like the rest of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I mean, they’re supposed to represent devil horns. What else is there that needs to be explained? It certainly makes more sense than Magik running around in a children’s uniform despite having the ability to create her own clothes.
    Magik knows one of the most important aspects of Marketing is Brand Recognition

what are they? I dont see a head band on her and it never made sense how those stick out of her head when its clothing, not a piece of her body
    When confronted with Womens clothing im oft left in a state of confusion and jealousy.... it's fashion

Nah, I dont think there was ever any explanation, just as there wasnt for her new FF7 sword. I think Bachalo just thought his redesign was cool and ran with it even if it dint make much sense
    as much sense as a lil girl stuck in a hell dimension with some of the cast from Dantes Inferno

LOL, I love you BroHomo, always on spot with the reality checks. I do agree that many times it's really just something that boils down to a creator saying "that's cool" and then that's it.

And yes, I'm guessing that the X-Men training uniform has indeed become a recognized things in this world, where rando mutants/inhumans/super beings likely pop up on the regular while you're at the Starbucks. At least it plays out a little like a police officer's uniform or the like. I've grown to love the Bachalo look, but only after getting past her push up bra and video vixen booty shorts.

Mighty Member

You know Bachalo likes Magik given that he never gave her the Bachalo special when it came to outfits.