Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Regardless of where our favorites are now (like Magik who as I've said before is wandering around a military complex like a Doom 5 boss battle waiting to happen) and how poorly they've been handled over the last 5 years... Hickman is going to change things up in a dramatic way for all involved if his prior work is anything to judge by. I completely think arguments are about to happen through fall over the direction he takes things because they'll be that big. On the plus we know that whatever he does, it will make sense even if we disagree with the results.

Besides, for me it's not a matter of if, but WHEN everyone is back in one piece. I just hope it's not another 20 years for Yanna.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He didnt just kill off 2 or 3 D-listers in this run. Over 30 characters died. Some minor, some not. You downplay the importance of this bc its the C/D listers that make up the supporting cast that give the A/B listers material to work with. What Rosenberg did was very damaging for the line going forward

Okay sure. Lets see if they spend the next couple years bringing all those people back in actual arcs that take up actual publication time.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Secret Wars literally culled every previous universe besides 616 and 65.
    None of them were used regularly, and even so that run allowed for spotlight for many universes that were never used or hadn't been used for years- Weirdworld, X-men'92, Renew Your Vows all got ongoings, OML got to the 616, etc.

Every person's run changes something. It's stupid if you think that's what he meant cause by that logic, everything returns to fucking null. In which case, your arguing point for Hickman falls apart, cause he definitively did not leave things as they were.
    Not saying you can't changeanything, or even kill characters. But killing more than 30 characters, including at least two you know have to be alive by the time the next writer begins telling his story, removing the eye of Cyclops and not putting it back, depowering Magik, etc, it undeniably leaves a mess.

Okay sure. Lets see if they spend the next couple years bringing all those people back in actual arcs that take up actual publication time.
    They wont which is why Rosenberg's run is problematic

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Regardless of where our favorites are now (like Magik who as I've said before is wandering around a military complex like a Doom 5 boss battle waiting to happen) and how poorly they've been handled over the last 5 years... Hickman is going to change things up in a dramatic way for all involved if his prior work is anything to judge by. I completely think arguments are about to happen through fall over the direction he takes things because they'll be that big. On the plus we know that whatever he does, it will make sense even if we disagree with the results.

Besides, for me it's not a matter of if, but WHEN everyone is back in one piece. I just hope it's not another 20 years for Yanna.

Yes, but if writers HAVE to spend their time undoing your mess or ignore your work entirely, you're done a horrible job.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    None of them were used regularly, and even so that run allowed for spotlight for many universes that were never used or hadn't been used for years- Weirdworld, X-men'92, Renew Your Vows all got ongoings, OML got to the 616, etc.

Not saying you can't changeanything, or even kill characters. But killing more than 30 characters, including at least two you know have to be alive by the time the next writer begins telling his story, removing the eye of Cyclops and not putting it back, depowering Magik, etc, it undeniably leaves a mess.

And hairbag, Shinobi Shaw and Joseph were?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They wont which is why Rosenberg's run is problematic
    Exactly killing people is "fun" but bringing them back is way more difficult. Even more bringing so many back, it requires writers interested on giving their ressurrections space and many don't want to do that.

And hairbag, Shinobi Shaw and Joseph were?
    If Shinobi Shaw and Joseph were the only people he killed, depowered or maimed, or at least the only ones he didn't undo, there wouldn't be a problem.

Mighty Member

If Shinobi Shaw and Joseph were the only people he killed, depowered or maimed, or at least the only ones he didn't undo, there wouldn't be a problem.
    Most of that list of 30 falls into that category.

Most of that list of 30 falls into that category.
    1- Certainly not all, I'm not sure even the majority. 2- The list includes people Rosenberg knew had to be alive, and doesn't include people maimed or depowered he knew had to be 100% by the time Hickman arrives.

Mighty Member

1- Certainly not all, I'm not sure even the majority. 2- The list includes people Rosenberg knew had to be alive, and doesn't include people maimed or depowered he knew had to be 100% by the time Hickman arrives.
    I would easily say the majority.

Explain Banchee dying and being in House of X.

lol @ people considering Havok, Multiple Man, Blindfold, and Strong Guy “D-List”

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    lol @ people considering Havok, Multiple Man, Blindfold, and Strong Guy “D-List”
    B(-), C(+), D(+), and C(=), actually.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 07-19-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    B, C, D, and C, actually.
    All Whedon X-Men creations never fall below C-list.