Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Given there are hundreds of stories, narrative, books, comics, movies and shows from the beginning of history to today where that's demonstrably not true, not even slightly. I don't cosign that.

All-New Member

So, is the dark colored Magik really Magik or someone else? I was excited..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by magi View Post
    Maybe, but most likely not.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magi View Post
    The one with Colossus powers? Doesn't seem to be, just a descendant of Piotr.

https://twitter.com/RodReis/status/1153419101496389634

the anti-life equation is midriff ÷ abs x bachalo + reis = god = DARKSEID
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

bring the boob window back. I didnt realize that not having it makes that costume look so much worse

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And thats what seperates the heroes from the antiheroes. Murder is not a heroic trait and anyone that can casually do it falls in anti-hero territory. Theres no remorse or conscience when she kills. What she did in UXM wasnt like some isolated case but something she would totally do under most circumstances. Heck she was having demons in Limbo eat Inhumans in IvX. She isnt 100% a hero as she does some horrible things that most heroes wouldnt dare do. Theres nothing wrong with her being labaled an anti-hero as thats what seperates her from the other NM and makes her interesting.
    The Inhumans were merely imprisoned in Limbo. They were in a force field to keep the demons out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Nobody writes Magik as an anti-hero. Not since Gillen.

Sardonic? Dark? Sure.

But she's 100% a Hero.
    I've always seen Doom as an antihero, willing to make the hard Choices and do the Hard Things to save the world, and eventually the entire universe of the 616. He strictly follows the guidelines of "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility," including sometimes depriving idiots of the opportunity to make foolish choices. Since his origin, Doom sought Ultimate Power, and in Secret Wars 3, He used that power to defeat an infinite number of Beyonders, in order to preserve as much of the multiverse that could be saved (while the Illuminati made up of self-styled 'heroes' failed miserably)

Illyana, on the other hand, after taking control of basically Hell from basically the Devil, immediately walked away from the throne, leaving a power vacuum, in order to pretend to be a little girl rather than a Hell Lord.

Eventually, she took over the world accidentally because she failed to try not to . Since The Return of Magik, Illyana 2.0 has totally underplayed her abilities, even during the Phoenix Force era.

Given that she mostly tried to appear weak, needing help and rescuing at times.

I propose that Illyana is actually an anti-villian, not anti-hero.
    Last edited by G0RM; 07-23-2019 at 01:36 AM.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

bring the boob window back. I didnt realize that not having it makes that costume look so much worse
    I like it better. Uncanny #1 cover had this similar look and they never used it beyond that. I think it looks more like armor. Do wish the head wings were a stitch longer though.

I'd be interested to hear more about the sword design choices

She murdered Dark Beast and was about to do the same to Emma in the Rosenberg run. He definitely portrayed her as such in those instances. It wasnt self defense and went beyond being dark.
    Overall I was not a fan of Rosenberg's Uncanny and his characterization of Illyana. It was a huge departure from Dead Souls, which makes no sense as Rosenberg wrote both!

Murdering Dark Beast felt in-character, but oddly her threats to Emma seemed off to me. Her and Emma have some history, so I feel like anything Emma does should not come as a shock.

Speaking of Magik & killing...other than Dark Beast, which will most likely be remedied...and Limbo Kitty & Ororo, which she had no choice...has she actually killed another human? I remember her sending The Animator & some Right soldiers to Limbo (maybe to their deaths?), but nothing else springs to mind...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Overall I was not a fan of Rosenberg's Uncanny and his characterization of Illyana. It was a huge departure from Dead Souls, which makes no sense as Rosenberg wrote both!

Murdering Dark Beast felt in-character, but oddly her threats to Emma seemed off to me. Her and Emma have some history, so I feel like anything Emma does should not come as a shock.

Speaking of Magik & killing...other than Dark Beast, which will most likely be remedied...and Limbo Kitty & Ororo, which she had no choice...has she actually killed another human? I remember her sending The Animator & some Right soldiers to Limbo (maybe to their deaths?), but nothing else springs to mind...
    She also send some guard to Limbo in AvX Consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She also send some guard to Limbo in AvX Consequences
    Ah yes! I cannot believe this one slipped my mind as it was more recent.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post

I'd be interested to hear more about the sword design choices
    I pinged the artist on Instagram and he said it wasn't his choice to change the sword. Likely Hickman!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I pinged the artist on Instagram and he said it wasn't his choice to change the sword. Likely Hickman!
    Interesting since Steel Magik has the Bachalo sword. Maybe he wants to actually explain why the sword changes all the time.