Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I need to see the animated movie which tells the story of this. I wonder who Kitty is flicking off

This is sooooo true! Fantastic.

Hey, have any of you ever looked in the mirror when you're fuming mad or crying? Even if you haven't, please try to imagine doing it...it's funny.
    See a horrible face and then try not making one...my seriously (at least) isn't really serious.

"I'm sorry I fell down" said Buster Keaton.

What's more intimate than laughter and what's more alarming than a kid in limbo in smoldering ash...alone...grinning...without a place to fall?

Thanks for sharing this.

...because that mirror trick is also kinda...lonely, a friend is way better.
    Last edited by sungila; 09-13-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    I interpret it as Illyana 2.0 choosing to appear to be as old as seems convenient, to have horns, tail, hooves etc when she wants.

Hell Lords are immortal, so from the instant she defeated Belasco and gained Dominion over Limbo, she's been unaging, and just uses cosmetic spells to appear to. (See the Enchantress's failed attempt to age Magik during the Asgard adventure.)
    She was resurrected by Belasco and lived in Limbo for years as the Darkchilde. She physically grew up then. She had to kill Belasco to regain Dominion over Limbo again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Illyana's age to my knowledge has never been given post-Resurrection. Its been left intentionally vague and her searching for her soul stones for years at the start of the NM was to put her in line with the other NMs. Her age is relative to hers but theres no actual evidence to pinpoint to a concrete number
    She could be older than Colossus due to all the she spent in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    We ready to rock when Arakko, Krakoa's long-lost sister island banished into the dark void by Apocalypse and his First Horsemen, turns out to be fuckin' Limbo
    Feels like a solid theory, though it makes you wonder where the First Horsemen went... especially when Illyana had absorbed Limbo into herself that one time.

I'm still hoping for a Surtur connection between the Twilight Sword and Soulswords and Limbo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Feels like a solid theory, though it makes you wonder where the First Horsemen went... especially when Illyana had absorbed Limbo into herself that one time.

I'm still hoping for a Surtur connection between the Twilight Sword and Soulswords and Limbo.
    All of the above would be very cool. What's more, the possible new Krakoa/Limbo/etc. superstructure makes me want to re-read Magik, Inferno, Ellis' Soulsword Trilogy and Giant-Size/Deadly Genesis, albeit not necessarily in that order.

It is worth asking, yes - how could the Horsemen have evaded Illyana's notice? Unless they mutated into other demons or entities in the ensuing millennia.

Bendis claimed Illyana never had learned to adequately control Limbo or her sorceress powers in ANXM but I'm pretty sure that was just Bendis ignoring continuity and editorial letting him, as always. I could swear she had educated herself beforehand. Claremont certainly used to have her bang on and on about being a sorceress. Maybe that was part bluster; maybe she was self-taught.
    Last edited by powerpax; 09-13-2019 at 03:00 PM.

<3
    this person gets it. make them editor of the x-line.

All of the above would be very cool. What's more, the possible new Krakoa/Limbo/etc. superstructure makes me want to re-read Magik, Inferno, Ellis' Soulsword Trilogy and Giant-Size/Deadly Genesis, albeit not necessarily in that order.

It is worth asking, yes - how could the Horsemen have evaded Illyana's notice? Unless they mutated into other demons or entities in the ensuing millennia.

Bendis claimed Illyana never had learned to adequately control Limbo or her sorceress powers in ANXM but I'm pretty sure that was just Bendis ignoring continuity and editorial letting him, as always. I could swear she had educated herself beforehand. Claremont certainly used to have her bang on and on about being a sorceress. Maybe that was part bluster; maybe she was self-taught.
    I'm holding off for a bit on delving too deeply into that stuff myself, because I know that if I do before we get any sort of Hickman info graphic on X-magic synthesis, I'll probably start wasting time imagining my own. I have other projects I could work on haha.

Well said. Bendis tends to ignore any continuty he did not write. Or he just has not read many comic books before becoming a comic book writer. I am going to buy his Legion of Superheroes series because I love the Legion, and don't care about him changing them around, but I feel I will drop it after a few issues. His version of Magik was horrible. The "apology" to Colossus in the woods at end of Bendis' run, after Illyana tricked him to becoming Juggerlossus, and Bendis shipped himself to be the Chris Pratt version of Star-Lord to get engaged to Kitty Pryde. Pretty lame. Then Magik screws her brother, who always cared and looked out for) her, on the roof the night before the wedding. But yeah, Bendis sucked on X-Men. Hopefully is Legion is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    Well said. Bendis tends to ignore any continuty he did not write. Or he just has not read many comic books before becoming a comic book writer. I am going to buy his Legion of Superheroes series because I love the Legion, and don't care about him changing them around, but I feel I will drop it after a few issues.
    As an X-fan I am thrilled Hickman is here. But as a Legion fan it is life's cruelest irony that Hickman walked away from the Legion offer bc DC stalled him, only for that rich, complex and above all continuity-heavy franchise to be given to... Brian Michael Bendis, a man who doesn't give a **** about any continuity and who editorial seems to coddle nonstop. The Legion - especially the OG Legion, which Geoff Johns strove to restore and which is now gone again - can't get a break.

Bendis shipped himself to be the Chris Pratt version of Star-Lord to get engaged to Kitty Pryde.
    I always assumed this was the case, but people told me that was Sam Humphries instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    Well said. Bendis tends to ignore any continuty he did not write. Or he just has not read many comic books before becoming a comic book writer. I am going to buy his Legion of Superheroes series because I love the Legion, and don't care about him changing them around, but I feel I will drop it after a few issues. His version of Magik was horrible. The "apology" to Colossus in the woods at end of Bendis' run, after Illyana tricked him to becoming Juggerlossus, and Bendis shipped himself to be the Chris Pratt version of Star-Lord to get engaged to Kitty Pryde. Pretty lame. Then Magik screws her brother, who always cared and looked out for) her, on the roof the night before the wedding. But yeah, Bendis sucked on X-Men. Hopefully is Legion is better.
    Bendis' Illyana was awesome! That is a known fact in this thread

Also, Bendis had nothing to do with the Kitty/Colossus wedding. That was all Guggenheim.

Kitty and the MU's coolest Peter was good. In those corners of the universe, I will protecc Bendis.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Kitty and the MU's coolest Peter was good. In those corners of the universe, I will protecc Bendis.
    Get out, deceiver

BANNED

Sam Humphries said that he based StarKat on his relationship with his then girlfriend. A lot of bad **** happened with Marvel so he torched that relationship but he did marry his girlfriend.

BANNED

I get that, yet it still smacks of Bendis OC to me. How did Kitty and Quill break up? (Also, thank god they broke up. I am no fan of Kitty and Piotr in the modern era either) Or just spill on the bad ****.