Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

<3 <3 <3 the idea of Illyana as Sorceress Supreme

theres this with Black Knight

because you're a jobbing saint, dane
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Wonderful. The preview with Magik looks great to me

remember when Illyana didn't want to leave space because she felt free from Limbo and Xavier forced her to...using Xi'an to...I think Professor X's treatment of Illyana is a major issue for me. A formative, abusive...whole other topic...but and SO hooray for Magik in space.

oh and,

Nightcrawler-Demon-1.jpg

2310140-magik4_ilyana.jpg

when she was a kid, before she never had been, there was plenty of sword play
    Last edited by sungila; 09-20-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Remember a few pages back I actually reached out to Rod to see if it was artistic choice or not that her sword has changed (when the New NM cover was revealed). He said it was "not his decision." Read into that what you may... (also, I haven't been able to watch the video yet so forgive me if my comment doesn't make sense).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I love finally having this issue in my grubby little hands.

No Illyana on the inside, but so, so much Magik on the outside.

I'm convinced that I only still breathe just to be endlessly amused by the phrase "grubby little hands."

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    I love finally having this issue in my grubby little hands.

No Illyana on the inside, but so, so much Magik on the outside.
    poetic GORM.
    I don't know if I love the style but the sentiment vs what's unsentimental and silence and “I wish to go on living even after my death” wrote Anne Frank, in her diary...and also “Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'm convinced that I only still breathe just to be endlessly amused by the phrase "grubby little hands."
    "infested with fly maggots" - so, um...it's like possessing with childlike and/or undead hands...or the practice of going to Salvation Army and rescuing a stuffed animal...or the idea of it...repurposed...a new pair 'destroyed' jeans...how death holds life...like we all have bones, right...already...scaffolding...and stories about ourselves...'the marrow' (the seat of animal vigor) fatty substance like the smallness of being a kid...not the smallness of starving, running, costing off and away caloric intake to be not like "held" in the soon to be grubby old rot of an adult hand.

I'll cross this street alone...or never...the other side isn't over there.

I think about...grimmores (grammars) and the way somebody speaks who potentially spends eternities forming single syllables from echoes and distant reports and statics...who might break mid sentence and blink...and then disappear...

Anne Frank. What she wrote.
    Where and why

And when we read her
    diary
    that age...

that war
    that place

...and then, but before.

"No Illyana on the inside, but so so much Magik on the outside"
    Last edited by sungila; 09-20-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    theres this with Black Knight

I remember reading this issue as a kid, and was excited. The Ebony Blade, forged from a meteor by Merlin, vs. the Soul Sword from Limbo. But the Black Knight and Magik did not go at it, which now makes sense. Magik was like 15 or something, and Dane, the better sword fighter, was not about to outduel her. Especially with Cap and Thor as back up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    All of the above would be very cool. What's more, the possible new Krakoa/Limbo/etc. superstructure makes me want to re-read Magik, Inferno, Ellis' Soulsword Trilogy and Giant-Size/Deadly Genesis, albeit not necessarily in that order.

It is worth asking, yes - how could the Horsemen have evaded Illyana's notice? Unless they mutated into other demons or entities in the ensuing millennia.

Bendis claimed Illyana never had learned to adequately control Limbo or her sorceress powers in ANXM but I'm pretty sure that was just Bendis ignoring continuity and editorial letting him, as always. I could swear she had educated herself beforehand. Claremont certainly used to have her bang on and on about being a sorceress. Maybe that was part bluster; maybe she was self-taught.
    As a 14 year old she defeated Belasco. But they was far from becoming the world’s most skilled mage. The original Illysba depended heavily on using her soul sword or teleportation powers. Or on summoning demons. She became a much more skilled spellcaster upon her return, and more so after Strange apprenticed her.

new mutants variant deorato

Mighty Member

People really love dual wielding Illyana, even though she's never actually dual wielded.

Damn, even in a post-Krakoan economy, a mutant's still gotta do some modeling gigs to get that bread. We really do live in a society.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    new mutants variant deorato
    This is the art used on the Walgreen's exclusive Marvel Legends Magik box