Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Drinking doesn't mean someone is of age. Like come on, in American culture that's some weak justification.
    LOL, okay. I'm sure it was the intention of that issue published by Marvel/Disney to suggest that Kitty and the X-Men are rolling with underage drinking.

You wanna pretend some New Mutants are still underage even though they've been around since like '83? You do you. I've been reading almost as long and as far as I'm concerned they're grown.

It's been pretty clear to me that the NM's are in their 20's at least since Yana's return. They've slipped the mantle of "teens" to the X-Kids and it's a pretty reasonable guess that they wouldn't be putting Dani, Shan, Rahne, and Amara in charge of those kids if they weren't ready to be considered graduates themselves. Heck, I don't think Sam and Berto would have been in consideration for the Avengers had they still been "kids." Yana is a bit more fluid in that due to her being pulled around in time and space constantly, but she also shows up in the far far future as Sorcerous Supreme looking only slightly older than she does now (meaning that she uses Magik to manipulate her appearance a bit even today).

BANNED

It is started in New Mutants v3 that Magik spent years searching for her soulstones after Belasco brought her back.

She's 104 in hellhound years.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    It's been pretty clear to me that the NM's are in their 20's at least since Yana's return. They've slipped the mantle of "teens" to the X-Kids and it's a pretty reasonable guess that they wouldn't be putting Dani, Shan, Rahne, and Amara in charge of those kids if they weren't ready to be considered graduates themselves. Heck, I don't think Sam and Berto would have been in consideration for the Avengers had they still been "kids." Yana is a bit more fluid in that due to her being pulled around in time and space constantly, but she also shows up in the far far future as Sorcerous Supreme looking only slightly older than she does now (meaning that she uses Magik to manipulate her appearance a bit even today).
    I really want Illyana to get partnered with Dr Strange in an ongoing event or mini-series. I really want to see Marvel embrace the concept that Illyana is his chosen successor. I know they are doing the Surgeon Supreme thing this fall, I hope that leads to Stephen losing control over his magic and Illyana is asked to become interim Sorceress Supreme. I love Illyana being in X-books, but I really want everyone in the Marvel Universe to acknowledge that she is one of the post powerful Sorceresses. I just reread What if? Magik and I loved the interaction between Illyana and Stephen Strange. Haha, I loved when she destroyed that failing universe everything became a cartoon character as a reflection of Illyana, because the purest expression of Illyana is a little girl who loves cartoons.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I really want Illyana to get partnered with Dr Strange in an ongoing event or mini-series. I really want to see Marvel embrace the concept that Illyana is his chosen successor. I know they are doing the Surgeon Supreme thing this fall, I hope that leads to Stephen losing control over his magic and Illyana is asked to become interim Sorceress Supreme. I love Illyana being in X-books, but I really want everyone in the Marvel Universe to acknowledge that she is one of the post powerful Sorceresses. I just reread What if? Magik and I loved the interaction between Illyana and Stephen Strange. Haha, I loved when she destroyed that failing universe everything became a cartoon character as a reflection of Illyana, because the purest expression of Illyana is a little girl who loves cartoons.
    I'm not sure if they're gonna strip Strange any time soon, especially after a recent run already did it. But I certainly can see them pairing Magik with him in relatively recent amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I'm not sure if they're gonna strip Strange any time soon, especially after a recent run already did it. But I certainly can see them pairing Magik with him in relatively recent amount of time.
    It's almost like she is both his apprentice and daughter at the same time. I like how funny some of their interactions are with each other. She is always being snarky, and Stephen is like "now is not the time for that Illyana!".

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    LOL, okay. I'm sure it was the intention of that issue published by Marvel/Disney to suggest that Kitty and the X-Men are rolling with underage drinking.
    I remember Kieron Gillen saying something about how he had to write carefully around the concept of underage drinking in his Young Avengers because it wasn't something Marvel would sanction depicting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    The Scarlet Witch appears in Dr. Strange 2. But I can see Magik showing up in Dr. Strange 3 or otherwise in
    The MCU partnered up with him.

That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The Scarlet Witch appears in Dr. Strange 2. But I can see Magik showing up in Dr. Strange 3 or otherwise in
    The MCU partnered up with him.

That would be awesome.
    The writer of the sequel comes to our local convention every year. I was going to drop hints about Yana to him this past one but didn't have the time unfortunately. But he's a big enough nerd that I promise you he knows of her existence.

But yes, I would DIE for a "Strange Magik" mini series. Especially if Bachalo draws it.

BANNED

Magik trapped the Avengers in a Limbo prison. Realistically unless you’re dealing with gods or powerful sorcerers most Avengers cannot escape Limbo. The Inhumans should know because if the XMen
    Had killed Lockjaw the royal family never would have gotten out of Limbo. They were at her mercy.

I’d say she is known to be one of the most powerful sorceresses.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I remember Kieron Gillen saying something about how he had to write carefully around the concept of underage drinking in his Young Avengers because it wasn't something Marvel would sanction depicting.
    https://www.cbr.com/come-with-me-if-...oung-avengers/

You make several mentions about the intended age range for the comic, including at the end of issue #4 where Miss America makes the comment about the book being rated PG-13, yet this doesn't have the feel of a PG-13 book. What kind of restrictions do you have? And has any proposed content been vetoed so far?

The content isn't ever the real problem -- [it's about] the treatment of the content. And as I generally can see the boundaries, I'm pretty good at predicting where they are.

The only place where I hit something and was surprised was when they were in the club, and a note came back that we couldn't have anyone other than Loki actually drinking. Which made me a blink, but -- hey -- America!
    Loki being allowed to drink because he's a thousands of years old immortal god type.

Seeing as Marvel hasn't eased up on things like depiction of smoking, I think we can assume that if Illyana wasn't old enough to legal drink, they wouldn't have been allowed to portray her drinking.

The writer of the sequel comes to our local convention every year. I was going to drop hints about Yana to him this past one but didn't have the time unfortunately. But he's a big enough nerd that I promise you he knows of her existence.

But yes, I would DIE for a "Strange Magik" mini series. Especially if Bachalo draws it.
    YES! That would be MAGICAL

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Seeing as Marvel hasn't eased up on things like depiction of smoking, I think we can assume that if Illyana wasn't old enough to legal drink, they wouldn't have been allowed to portray her drinking.
    25 year-old Illyana says "hi" from my avatar

omg ELO and Illyana, two great flavors together at last!