Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Didn’t Javier Garron draw that?
    He drew most of the New Warriors book but there was a fill in artist who did the cake-portion that didn't jive with me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    He drew most of the New Warriors book but there was a fill in artist who did the cake-portion that didn't jive with me.
    I really loved the cake part, both funny & touching :'-(

"The Cake is the Truth!"

I felt the whole 'Secret Warriors' run reestablished her as the humorous, ass-kicking, "nice one", something not covered well since Bendis.

I always felt that that was a vital part of her original charm, frolicking with Kitty, demonstrating true friendship back when "Professor Xavier Is A Jerk!", all while pretending to be a powerless little girl, denying the secret Hell Lord within.

Extraordinary Member

Relatively creative use of Illyana's powers in Uncanny yesterday. Teleporting her attack is something she should probably do more.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Relatively creative use of Illyana's powers in Uncanny yesterday. Teleporting her attack is something she should probably do more.
    Agreed.
    Any time the creative team puts that extra effort in creatively executing the possibilities her stepping discs afford her is a big win in my book.
    AoA Blink, in the 90's, facing off against Holocaust is a terrific example of some maneuvering I'd love to see Illyana doing against her foes.
    I imagine the reason she hasn't explored the particular move she used in Uncanny is that concern over accuracy w/ space & time she previously stressed about in her New Mutant days. Hate to go hurling your soulsword at a foe by way of stepping disc and then that damn sword winds up in 2028 or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Agreed.
    Any time the creative team puts that extra effort in creatively executing the possibilities her stepping discs afford her is a big win in my book.
    AoA Blink, in the 90's, facing off against Holocaust is a terrific example of some maneuvering I'd love to see Illyana doing against her foes.
    I imagine the reason she hasn't explored the particular move she used in Uncanny is that concern over accuracy w/ space & time she previously stressed about in her New Mutant days. Hate to go hurling your soulsword at a foe by way of stepping disc and then that damn sword winds up in 2028 or something.
    That would be a nice way to limit her capabilities.

I always wondered why we never pulled a trick like that before. Nice to see her focused in on in this book as someone beyond a background figure. Rosenberg has said she's one of his favorites so I fully expect her to receive dialog and cool fight scenes on the regular.

Aren’t her stepping discs only supposed to open to and from Limbo, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Correct.

In this instance she sent her soul sword into Limbo for a split second before returning it to Earth in a different position.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Correct.

In this instance she sent her soul sword into Limbo for a split second before returning it to Earth in a different position.
    A pair of parallel disks close together in Limbo can effectively act as an Earth-Earth wormhole...

(See the game 'Portal' for weird stuff that can be done with twisted spacial topology... "The cake is a lie.")

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I believe they were originally with OG Magik, but I havent seen any concrete evidence that its the case with Magik 2.0. I always thought the limitation with Limbo had to do with her developing her powers there as a kid. My head canon is that she is older, more experienced and has her soul, so she no longer needs to. Someone can correct if Im wrong, but I dont ever recall his Limbo limitation being a thing with her. She's rapidly teleported back and forth and that would imply there isnt a middle space between jumps
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-07-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I believe they were originally with OG Magik, but I havent seen any concrete evidence that its the case with Magik 2.0. I always thought the limitation with Limbo had to do with her developing her powers there as a kid. My head canon is that she is older, more experienced and has her soul, so she no longer needs to. Someone can correct if Im wrong, but I dont ever recall his Limbo limitation being a thing with her. She's rapidly teleported back and forth and that would imply there isnt a middle space between jumps
    Magik's stepping discs have always been tied to Limbo. Anything that passes through a stepping disc, including Magik herself, is traveling through Limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Magik's stepping discs have always been tied to Limbo. Anything that passes through a stepping disc, including Magik herself, is traveling through Limbo.
    where has that been shown to be the case for 2.0? We never see Limbo as a transition jump like we used to in the original NM days

where has that been shown to be the case for 2.0? We never see Limbo as a transition jump like we used to in the original NM days
    I think pencillers just don't draw it anymore

Bendis' Uncanny X-Men # 2. Illyana outright states "My mutant power is teleportation. We go from point A to point B through a demonic dimension called Limbo. Fun right?"

Incredible Member

It's the same with nightcrawler they never show it.