Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Who said she should have no struggle? She shouldn't struggle with soldiers and tanks if she is supposed to be a match for Gods like Ares. Otherwise that means that the Gods themselves are weak. IF a WW that finds it difficult to deal with guns and tanks can challenge them.
    It's great that she's not struggling with guns then. Where are guns presented as a threat to her specifically? She deflects all the bullets after Etta gets hit, and then disarms them with her lasso/sword combination before they can react.

She struglled period. And went ugh!! lifting a freaking plane in previous issue. WOW. Such amazing God like strength and speed. About the one piece thing. She said if we make it in on piece in 61 page 19. I am going to complain about these things until i see a change. Because i have been a fan for 25 years. And this decade has hit me so many times, that i just can't take it anymore. I can't just be quite and watch. At least i have to express myself.
    Is her grunting all it takes to take you out of a story?
    She said "we." Meaning she was concerned for Steve and the PM, not herself. I feel like that one isn't worth discussing because it's a given what she means.
    You have a right to express yourself, but I'm sorry, this topic is the only thing you ever seem to discuss. Is this thread really necessary when we have the talkback threads and a new thread about her nerfing seemingly every week?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's great that she's not struggling with guns then. Where are guns presented as a threat to her specifically? She deflects all the bullets after Etta gets hit, and then disarms them with her lasso/sword combination before they can react.

She said "we." Meaning she was concerned for Steve and the PM, not herself. I feel like that one isn't worth discussing because it's a given what she means.
    You have a right to express yourself, but I'm sorry, this topic is the only thing you ever seem to discuss. Is this thread really necessary when we have the talkback threads and a new thread about her nerfing seemingly every week?
    She is not seen dealing with speeding bulles as easily as previos WW versions would. Almost everytime she lifts something above 10 tons she is shown with a grunting facial expression. She is no being writen as a powerhouse and sames goes for her villains. With some of them still being defeated by Batman and other street levelers outside of WW title.

Outside of the Wonder Woman books, yes. She and her villains still aren't treated with the level of respect they deserve. But post-Rebirth, in the Wonder Woman series, the only writer who severely "depowered" her was Robinson.

And also in the latest issue, Aphrodite was traveling with the group and helped as best she could but was seemingly just as overwhelmed by the military assault as Diana was, putting them on a pretty equal footing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Outside of the Wonder Woman books, yes. She and her villains still aren't treated with the level of respect they deserve. But post-Rebirth, in the Wonder Woman series, the only writer who severely "depowered" her was Robinson.

And also in the latest issue, Aphrodite was traveling with the group and helped as best she could but was seemingly just as overwhelmed by the military assault as Diana was, putting them on a pretty equal footing.
    Thank you for proving my point. Diana overwhelmed by a military assault=Diana is weak and not the powerhouse she used to be. And The Gods are weak too, since they struggle with the same.
    Even robinson run had better showings for WW. Like against Darkseid and an amped Supergirl.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

"we" includes Wonder Woman too, she's not bulletproof remember…in fact Ares even told Diana to watch out for the weapons of men, he could've meant nuclear bombs and some such weapons of mass destruction but that's not what she was up against here

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    "we" includes Wonder Woman too, she's not bulletproof remember…in fact Ares even told Diana to watch out for the weapons of men, he could've meant nuclear bombs and some such weapons of mass destruction but that's not what she was up against here
    When the "we" includes two fragile mortals and she herself is not shown to be all that threatened by the man made weapons, then she is not including herself as being one of the vulnerable ones. Ares told her to beware their weapons, but until it is confirmed he is talking about these specific weapons, we cannot use that as definitive proof that that is what he is speaking about. He most likely was talking about nuclear weapons, he was imprisoned under Themyscira when they were invented so he's never encountered them before.

BANNED

When the "we" includes two fragile mortals and she herself is not shown to be all that threatened by the man made weapons, then she is not including herself as being one of the vulnerable ones. Ares told her to beware their weapons, but until it is confirmed he is talking about these specific weapons, we cannot use that as definitive proof that that is what he is speaking about. He most likely was talking about nuclear weapons, he was imprisoned under Themyscira when they were invented so he's never encountered them before.
    Not all that threateened. But still a threat. Look if they want to keep her vulnerability to piercing weapons, fine. But #61 made her look like speeding bullets are a challenge to her. When she is supposed to be easily faster than bullets. Previously she looked like lifting the plane was a challenge to her. You can't look at these things and say that is the proper representation of a powerhouse. Let's hope things improve in future issues.

Reading the peoples reacting to this week's issue, I was led to believe that Diana couldn't handle a little gun being shot at her.

I guess I can get how peoples could assume that she is struggling once I read the issue. I guess, because I didn't saw it at all.

I saw a very compasionnate hero and a very competent one.

I suppose I'm just not setting myself down because of expectations I find quite frankly ridiculous...

Thank you for proving my point. Diana overwhelmed by a military assault=Diana is weak and not the powerhouse she used to be. And The Gods are weak too, since they struggle with the same.
    Even robinson run had better showings for WW. Like against Darkseid and an amped Supergirl.
    You're joking, right?

First off, we are only four issues in so you comparing her run to Robinson's who had 20ish issues isn't logical at this point.

Second, Robinson's run is one of the absolute WORST in terms of power showings. Diana was constantly being demeaned in favor of her brother Jason, who was far more powerful than his twin. Diana couldn't even beat Lashina and Mad Harriet who two issues earlier were defeated by half a dozen ARGUS soldiers...

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Diana is a God and she should be overpowered. The same goes for her villains who are mostly God level characters. The problem is writers depicting her and her villain's as low or mid-tier characters
    Neither she nor her villains are doing anything that shows they are God-like beings.
    Then how Angle Man, Silver Swan or Giganta could be even remotely threat to her?

That's my problem with Superman's foes and comics in general. He's so damn overpowered that when you don't have a great writer like Bendis to showcase how villain can work around him to not be noticed at all, you end up with SUperman facing magic or kryptonite for the thousandth time so he's depowered; or he just ends plain stupid.

Now, I don't want WW to be portrayed as weak or feeble, or used as a prop for Superman (hello, Death of Superman 2018!), but you can't have her being as powerful of Superman and keep her rogue gallery as remotely threatening.

I mean, seriously, what rogues are known for Superman beyond Luthor and Brainiac ? Not many, if at all, outside of comic folks.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

But we know from previous runs that Wonder Woman is not bulletproof so yes, these weapons are very much a threat to her and she would beware of the danger knowing that. She doesn't seem "all that threatened" by them only because she's not been hit
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 01-05-2019 at 05:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    You're joking, right?

First off, we are only four issues in so you comparing her run to Robinson's who had 20ish issues isn't logical at this point.

Second, Robinson's run is one of the absolute WORST in terms of power showings. Diana was constantly being demeaned in favor of her brother Jason, who was far more powerful than his twin. Diana couldn't even beat Lashina and Mad Harriet who two issues earlier were defeated by half a dozen ARGUS soldiers...
    So far yes, robinson had better feats than wilson run. And that says it all. Because robinson run wasn't that impressive either. wilson has better character portrayal than robinson. But i need an improvement in both aspects. The writing and the feats. robinson and so far wilson don't give me the Wonder Woman run i expect.
    Last edited by starlight25; 01-05-2019 at 04:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Then how Angle Man, Silver Swan or Giganta could be even remotely threat to her?

That's my problem with Superman's foes and comics in general. He's so damn overpowered that when you don't have a great writer like Bendis to showcase how villain can work around him to not be noticed at all, you end up with SUperman facing magic or kryptonite for the thousandth time so he's depowered; or he just ends plain stupid.

Now, I don't want WW to be portrayed as weak or feeble, or used as a prop for Superman (hello, Death of Superman 2018!), but you can't have her being as powerful of Superman and keep her rogue gallery as remotely threatening.

I mean, seriously, what rogues are known for Superman beyond Luthor and Brainiac ? Not many, if at all, outside of comic folks.
    And who says all her villais must be at her level? Circe, Cheetah, Queen Clea, The Gods she fights should be top threats. Those are the opponents she fights 90% of the time. Villains like Silver Swan can also get power boosts like she has had in the past. Giganta can be a physical challenge , and Diana can use her speed advantage to win. So yes not excuse. A lot of her villains are avatars, Gods or powerful mytological creatures. So she must be a powerhouse. She is meant to be one since day 1. Post Crisis Diana would stop New 52 and Rebirth versions of Diana. The power gap is bigger than some of you think. And that is not ok. Stop nerfing her DC, we aren't asking for too much.

Dude. She has flown, as you and others have demanded incessantly here that she "must do". She caught a crashing jet fighter and brought it safely to ground. She has lassoed lightning. She has broken Ares's axe. She has parried machine gun fire. She has caught and stopped ballistic missiles. She has used the lasso to disarm groups of unfriendly soldiers. She has lassoed guided missiles going past.

I can't see this as nerfing in any way, shape, or form.

What you and others here have done is conditioned yourself to see any kind of effort from Wonder Woman, or any attempt to hold back, as "nerfing". But that is how she normally acts, and has for a long time! Diana nearly almost always holds back in fights, to promote fair fights, to not escalate fights needlessly, and to keep a hidden reserve at need.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Dude. She has flown, as you and others have demanded incessantly here that she "must do". She caught a crashing jet fighter and brought it safely to ground. She has lassoed lightning. She has broken Ares's axe. She has parried machine gun fire. She has caught and stopped ballistic missiles. She has used the lasso to disarm groups of unfriendly soldiers. She has lassoed guided missiles going past.

I can't see this as nerfing in any way, shape, or form.

What you and others here have done is conditioned yourself to see any kind of effort from Wonder Woman, or any attempt to hold back, as "nerfing". But that is how she normally acts, and has for a long time! Diana nearly almost always holds back in fights, to promote fair fights, to not escalate fights needlessly, and to keep a hidden reserve at need.
    So far. Lifting the plane was shown as a challenge. Pre 52 WW has easily done the same with a smile on her face. So far, she doesn't look faster than speeding bullets at all in gww run either. She had difficulty saving 2 kids from the battlefield, and was wondering if she'll make it in one piece.