Fans will always see the glass half full or half empty
    when it comes to how Wonder Woman is written in
    her own title

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Fans will always see the glass half full or half empty
    when it comes to how Wonder Woman is written in
    her own title
    Well after years of often enough glass almost empty runs would i be more surprised if not to be frank(and even though GWW seems to have good ideas, i wouldn't call the start of her run especially outstanding so far and we don't know what finding Diana's voice exactly means in the end).
    Last edited by Rightoya; 01-06-2019 at 07:54 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Then how Angle Man, Silver Swan or Giganta could be even remotely threat to her?

That's my problem with Superman's foes and comics in general. He's so damn overpowered that when you don't have a great writer like Bendis to showcase how villain can work around him to not be noticed at all, you end up with SUperman facing magic or kryptonite for the thousandth time so he's depowered; or he just ends plain stupid.

Now, I don't want WW to be portrayed as weak or feeble, or used as a prop for Superman (hello, Death of Superman 2018!), but you can't have her being as powerful of Superman and keep her rogue gallery as remotely threatening.

I mean, seriously, what rogues are known for Superman beyond Luthor and Brainiac ? Not many, if at all, outside of comic folks.
    Ok even though the threadstarter goes a bit too far with the ridiculous battle foren logic, that argument is really just silly.

To basically propose we should bring down foes who would be logically insanely powerful(a God of War struggling with human military forces for example sounds more like comedy than like something that should get taken seriously by any means) to the lvl of WW's weakest villains or at least let them massively job so a weak WW can still beat them, literally just cause there are allegedly too many bad writers who wouldn't be able to write a conflict about WW and these villains properly makes not even the slightest sense.

A good writer can easily make even characters far more powerful than Supes(there are more than enough such stories) threatened by all kinds of villains(Angle Man should be anyways no actual direct threat to be frank and hell a good writer could even pull it off to make Giganta as big as a planet if neccesary, Silver Swan could literally go full Black Bolt and so on, Cheetah is also not a weird woman in a cat-costume anymore as interessting as Priscilla might be) and being overpowered is anyways a matter of perspective, you can be a high street lvler and sweep through all challenges or a faster than light casual planet-buster(it gets of course more problematic the higher you go though) but still regulary getting your ass kicked in a believable way.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 01-06-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    But we know from previous runs that Wonder Woman is not bulletproof so yes, these weapons are very much a threat to her and she would beware of the danger knowing that. She doesn't seem "all that threatened" by them only because she's not been hit
    Maybe so, but immediately afterward she lassoed a missile and whipped it out of harms way. None of her companions save Aphrodite could hope to do anything about said missile, so that lends credence to her thinking more about them than her.

Though really, if previous runs have proven that she's not bulletproof, why are people even bringing any of this up when it could be considered a long established fact that some bullets can hurt her (not much, but still)? She's not being nerfed if that was always a weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Then how Angle Man, Silver Swan or Giganta could be even remotely threat to her?

That's my problem with Superman's foes and comics in general. He's so damn overpowered that when you don't have a great writer like Bendis to showcase how villain can work around him to not be noticed at all, you end up with SUperman facing magic or kryptonite for the thousandth time so he's depowered; or he just ends plain stupid.

Now, I don't want WW to be portrayed as weak or feeble, or used as a prop for Superman (hello, Death of Superman 2018!), but you can't have her being as powerful of Superman and keep her rogue gallery as remotely threatening.
    Yes, her main God level foes are: Ares, his kids, Circe and some versions of Cheetah (who is a demigod/monster, not a full blown God). Giganta, Dr. Poison, Angle Man, Dr. Cyber (the latest incarnation not even being a physical foe), the Swans, Psycho, Blue Snowman, Chang Tzu, etc. are not Gods and they have, for better or worse, become the regular faces of her rogues gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Second, Robinson's run is one of the absolute WORST in terms of power showings. Diana was constantly being demeaned in favor of her brother Jason, who was far more powerful than his twin. Diana couldn't even beat Lashina and Mad Harriet who two issues earlier were defeated by half a dozen ARGUS soldiers...
    To say nothing of sitting on the sidelines while her daddy fought Grail's daddy and the JL guest starred. That's totally what I buy WW for. And Robinson also brought the Kapatelis women back from limbo only to crap all over them, leaving Wilson holding the bag if she's inclined to do anything with them.

But she fought Supergirl, so that makes the whole terrible run worthwhile? No, it does not. Let's get our priorities straightened out.

Extraordinary Member

With one story arc not even finished it's too soon to tell.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Maybe so, but immediately afterward she lassoed a missile and whipped it out of harms way. None of her companions save Aphrodite could hope to do anything about said missile, so that lends credence to her thinking more about them than her.

Though really, if previous runs have proven that she's not bulletproof, why are people even bringing any of this up when it could be considered a long established fact that some bullets can hurt her (not much, but still)? She's not being nerfed if that was always a weakness.

Yes, her main God level foes are: Ares, his kids, Circe and some versions of Cheetah (who is a demigod/monster, not a full blown God). Giganta, Dr. Poison, Angle Man, Dr. Cyber (the latest incarnation not even being a physical foe), the Swans, Psycho, Blue Snowman, Chang Tzu, etc. are not Gods and they have, for better or worse, become the regular faces of her rogues gallery.

To say nothing of sitting on the sidelines while her daddy fought Grail's daddy and the JL guest starred. That's totally what I buy WW for. And Robinson also brought the Kapatelis women back from limbo only to crap all over them, leaving Wilson holding the bag if she's inclined to do anything with them.

But she fought Supergirl, so that makes the whole terrible run worthwhile? No, it does not. Let's get our priorities straightened out.
    False. Swan, Psycho, Blue Snowman, Chang Tzu are not the regular faces of her rogues gallery. Ares, Circe and Cheetah are her most commont foes. And just because not every villain is a God, that doesn't mean WW should be nerfed. There are countess powerhouses that don't get nerfed as much as her, jst because some of their villains don't have much power. Ad in WW's case. You have villains like Swan, Giganta, and Psycho that can easily have powers to be a challenge. Psychic powers for Dr Psycho, Silver Swan has been powered up by Ares before, she has been around Circe and others. She can easily get power boosts if writers need her to be more powerful. Giganta should be physically comparable to Diana. Queen Clea with the Trident and all can hve the power to challenge her as well. Dr Cyber can have access to technology and stuff to find way to challenge Diana.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

To me this scene reads like a normal day at the office for Captain America, I'd like to think Wonder Woman can handle a little more heat, despite her weakness to bullets that's all

It's not even like Diana's bearing the burden of having to protect the group all by herself, I think you could put A LOT more on her plate, and really crank up the heat before it gets too hot for Wonder Woman to handle

BANNED

Default I continue to be right about gww run.

Another issue of underwhelming power. Seems like super human xena wants to stay forever. RIP Powerhouse Wonder Woman 1941-2010. I may be annoying for some of you for complaining so much. But you have no idea how much it hurts for somebody that has been a fan for 25 years, to see her verse treated like this. Reboots every 3 seconds. No big power, no push from DC. Side character in jl. Does almost nothing. Shield and sword get more showings than her strength, speed, durability. It hurts a lot.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Another issue of underwhelming power. Seems like super human xena wants to stay forever. RIP Powerhouse Wonder Woman 1941-2010. I may be annoying for some of you for complaining so much. But you have no idea how much it hurts for somebody that has been a fan for 25 years, to see her verse treated like this. Reboots every 3 seconds. No big power, no push from DC. Side character in jl. Does almost nothing. Shield and sword get more showings than her strength, speed, durability. It hurts a lot.

I'm not reading the current run but in terms of power level I miss stuff like this

Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 01-16-2019 at 06:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

I miss that too. I can't take this xena woman anymore. I can't stand it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    I miss that too. I can't take this xena woman anymore. I can't stand it anymore.
    I don't understand why DC doubled down on the warrior aspect. Not even the New 52 went so hard on it (well some parts). I guess it was a reaction to the movie but even then she was more balanced with her skills and still demonstrated some really good feats without the sword.

BANNED

I don't understand why DC doubled down on the warrior aspect. Not even the New 52 went so hard on it (well some parts). I guess it was a reaction to the movie but even then she was more balanced with her skills and still demonstrated some really good feats without the sword.
    Actually. Her movie was underwhelming in terms of power. Her best feat is lifting a 30 tons tank. And N52 had some good feats. But compared to Pre 52? Pre 52 Wonder Woman could kick both N52 and R WW at the same time. If this continues throughout 2019 and 2020(the year of her second movie) i will probably give up.

[/B] I'm not reading the current run but in terms of power level I miss stuff like this

Wow that was awesome!

New 52 WW beat Faora and Zod and stabbed Darkseid in the eye, meanwhile Rebirth WW only broke his finger and won with love (eye roll). I too miss the powerhouse Post Crisis WW that was unaffected by immersion in molten steel or a nuclear blast because of her sisterhood with fire. The one that didn't need a shield and if she had a sword you knew she was about to do serious damage with it and not just carry it as a prop.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Out of pure curiosity, what would you say is her greatest strength feat, preferfeom her book?