Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Bruce Wayne/Batman Appreciation 2019

Surprised the main man, the Batman hasn't got one. I've always rated Batman as the greatest superhero of all time. Detective Comics #1000 and Batman at 80 this year!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That's because he's overbearing and his depression is affecting every other character so I'm not really feeling appreciative right now XD

The first time I saw Batman was either Batman 66 tv series or Batman The Greatest Stories Ever Told
    The first story I ever read was the first appearance of Julie Madison, The Monk, and Dala.

23de8bcfb231f8c2df01e70e7a1de78b._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

They're vampires, I love vampires, so I'm immediately hooked.
    Hey, I just realized I knew vampires before I knew Batman. I wonder when I first knew about vampires.

It's also the first appearance of Batplane and Batarang. They straight up said it was inspired by the boomerang.

Cool

Yay, a new thread for my favorite superhero of all time. The greatest detective to ever live. The man who proves with enough preparation, resolve and dedication anything is possible. I love good ol' Bats.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Last edited by adrikito; 01-05-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Ah, was wondering when someone would make one for Bruce

alex shibao

My Man!

Bernie Wrightson | Joshua Jensen

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

My first screen experience of Batman is, of course, these dorks

MV5BMTkzNDY5NTg5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI4NzM1MjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,776,1000_AL_.jpg

Which was my definitive Batman world until Burton came along

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    My first screen experience of Batman is, of course, these dorks

MV5BMTkzNDY5NTg5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI4NzM1MjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,776,1000_AL_.jpg

Which was my definitive Batman world until Burton came along
    Those and Batman: The Animated Series, I grew up on. B:TAS is my favourite Batman ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Those and Batman: The Animated Series, I grew up on. B:TAS is my favourite Batman ever.
    BTAS is favourite too.
    My first Batman was the Tim Burton movies' Batman (I got enamoured of Batman thanks to those movies), and I still love that Bruce / Batman. But my favourite is BTAS (that, to be honest, isn't much different overtall). I like 80's Batman it seems, from the bunch of old comics I've read so far. And as I've stated, I have a hard time liking Bruce' Batman nowadays because how his personality is depicted and how he behalves: I rarely find a story in which I like him, and that's why I will not visit this thread much (I found that I just like the Robins much, much more now). But BTAS Batman... Or JLU, or even JL Action Batman... Or, even Lego Batman (he's an awful person, but oh, do I get to laugh a lot with him). Huh, I like the animated versions of him, funny. And I like him in some comic stories from time to time.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I miss Tynion Batman and his hugs.

BRE 13 hug.jpg

Tec 940 hug.jpg

Tec 960 hug.jpg
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I liked that they stayed true to Batman's reasoning for forming the Outsiders team from the comics.

You also almost get the sense that YJ!Batman is just really tired and more cynical then he used to be. I bet Jason's death and whatever happened to turn Batgirl into Oracle played a part in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Tynion's Batman was at his best when he was hugging people.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

BRE 13 hug.jpg

Tec 940 hug.jpg

Tec 960 hug.jpg
    We need more of batman hugging people! Makes him feel more human! I like it

I haven't watched the show in years, but for me, one of the most interesting adaptations of Bruce was in Gotham. Showing what he was like as a child, his strangeness, his unnatural intelligence, his almost naive sense of justice, and setting him up in this backdrop of a world gone mad, is the first time I really went, "Yeah, I can see how you'd end up dressing up as a bat to solve crimes." Maybe it's a weird choice, but Mazouz's Bruce is probably my favorite adaptation to date.

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I haven't watched the show in years, but for me, one of the most interesting adaptations of Bruce was in Gotham. Showing what he was like as a child, his strangeness, his unnatural intelligence, his almost naive sense of justice, and setting him up in this backdrop of a world gone mad, is the first time I really went, "Yeah, I can see how you'd end up dressing up as a bat to solve crimes." Maybe it's a weird choice, but Mazouz's Bruce is probably my favorite adaptation to date.
    I don't know about Bruce: I guess he's fine, yeah. But Gotham's Alfred is awesome, in a word. I think at some point I started watching the show not only because I wanted to see how Jim, Cobblepot and Nygma's (and Selina and Bruce too, to some extent) wild adventures (XD), but because I was honestly invested in Alfred's misadventures with all those madmen (and madwomen).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-05-2019 at 04:13 PM.